January mommies!! ITs our turn!

heyy ladies hope u are all good
i found out yesturday my babys head is 3/5 engaged but dosnt mean he will come anysooner i got 5 weeks& 3days left due jan 11th

omg yes i cant believe how fast things are going. Think about it lol this month is a very busy month so it will go so fast with christmas and newyear. Getting all your christmas shopping done plus making sure all the baby stuff get done before january. I just cant beleive it lol.!!!! All you ladies need to make sure you post back onto this thread when our LOs are born.

HodgePodge- I will deff look into the credit union. THat is exactky like what i want to do. Im also 21 so need to get my credit started. Is there a certain amount of time you need to be a customer of them before applying for credit? I just want the minimum one as well even if its just $500 like i said to just pay for small things that i know i will be able to pay back at the end of the month. What are your thoughts on capitol one?

HodgePodge- I will deff look into the credit union. THat is exactky like what i want to do. Im also 21 so need to get my credit started. Is there a certain amount of time you need to be a customer of them before applying for credit? I just want the minimum one as well even if its just $500 like i said to just pay for small things that i know i will be able to pay back at the end of the month. What are your thoughts on capitol one?

My first reaction is to say no but I know every financial institution is different. Most of our member's become members because they show up for a loan and don't have an account and all of our member's must have an account (a savings with at least $5 in it) to apply for a loan. As far as Capitol One, I don't know much about it at all. I would just look into what kind of interest rate you're going to be paying and whether or not you will have an annual fee. Our CU doesn't charge an annual fee and as long as it's paid off (in full) by the due date (always on the 25th) then you don't get charged any interest. But of course, everything is going to come down to Income to Debt ratio. Meaning, your monthly income divided by your monthly debt cannot excede the percentage that they require. And it sounds like you'd be fine since you don't have any debt (the monthly debt is based on what shows up on your credit report plus rent/mortgage) but again, every financial institution is going to do things a little different but it should have the same basic requirements.

Can I ask a question ladies?

Does your OH help you out around the house at all? and if so what will he do for you? like how much? and does he moan about it? does he treat you differently like pay you more attention now that you are almost ready to have a baby?

So I was told yesterday by a coworker that I am beginning to have "pregnancy face" aka... my nose is spreading :(

I knew it was only a matter of time because I grew up listening to stories from my mom about how HUGE her nose got with all 3 of us! I guess I was just hoping it wouldn't happen to me! :haha:

Does your OH help you out around the house at all? and if so what will he do for you? like how much? and does he moan about it? does he treat you differently like pay you more attention now that you are almost ready to have a baby?

My dh has always done most of the housework around our house. He is OCD about cleaning so when I do something he goes back behind me and does it "his way" so I've just learned not to bother. :haha: I do most of the cooking unless he beats me home from work and then he'll do it. As far as treating me different, he's more out to "help" me as in if I'm sitting on the couch he'll pull me up or when I get home from work and he's home (he is in his last semester of school and goes to night class 2 nights a week) he'll meet me at my car and carry my purse or anything else I may have in for me. But then again, he's always doted on me so pregnancy hasn't really "changed" him...

So I was told yesterday by a coworker that I am beginning to have "pregnancy face" aka... my nose is spreading :(

I knew it was only a matter of time because I grew up listening to stories from my mom about how HUGE her nose got with all 3 of us! I guess I was just hoping it wouldn't happen to me! :haha:

Haha thats funny :haha: i hope mine doesnt spread lol And thanks for that info about the credit union. If i have more i will ask lol

well paula. Yes i think my DH helps me alot right now. He helps me to clean all the bathroom. He vaccums and helps me to cook. He does all the heavy lifting when its time to go grocery shopping. He also brings me things so i dont have to get up lol. I love my DH! btw he was NOT like this when i was pg with my dd. She was a mirical baby considering our situation back then lol i think he is trying to make upfor it

I am going wrong somewhere then :nope: he does not even seem to realise I am pregnant, and with only 5 weeks left :(
I am getting very frustrated. he has watched me dust, sweep, mop, sweep the garden, clean the kitchen top to bottom, hoover the stairs
I dont know whats up with him because he used to help me?! :headwall:

I am going wrong somewhere then :nope: he does not even seem to realise I am pregnant, and with only 5 weeks left :(
I am getting very frustrated. he has watched me dust, sweep, mop, sweep the garden, clean the kitchen top to bottom, hoover the stairs
I dont know whats up with him because he used to help me?! :headwall:

have you asked him for help? Sometimes my DH get confused if i want his help or not.

Oh yes, trust me I have asked for help! I have tried everything :( its like banging my head against a brick wall. Sorry to moan girls. Your husbands sound fabulous! xx

Oh yes, trust me I have asked for help! I have tried everything :( its like banging my head against a brick wall. Sorry to moan girls. Your husbands sound fabulous! xx

well like i said my DH didnt do ANYTHING when i was pg with my DD even when i had gone into premature labor he still expecting me to clean and cook and do everything when i was suppose to be on bedrest. Awhile after my dd was born he really regretted it because he could have helped. I know how you feel. Stress isnt good for you or for you LO so please try to not think about that. :hugs: Maybe tell him how you feel and that you need to help. If he doesnt help dont do it lol. Leave a dirty house dirty and if he says something about why its not done tell him you are tired or something and if only he would help then you would have more energy to do things.

My OH isn't helping much at all. On odd occasions he will help me with taking out the rubbish, or sweeping the floors or doing some washing up, but I have to ask him and I have a habit of making it sound like he would be doing me a favour if he did it. And he huffs about it too. I want to thump him at that point.

I have just about managed to get him to help with our daughter's bedtime routine - we do dinner, bath and bed. He's a qualified chef but I don't ask him to sort out her dinner. I also don't expect him to watch her while she eats or clean her up afterwards. I bathe her myself (which kills my back and makes me breathless). He only has to dry her, dress her for bed and put her in her cot. While he does that I'm doing the dishes in the kitchen. He's back on the PlayStation right after, at which point I have to get on the floor and clear up all her toys, which kills me. I don't think he even notices me doing all this, or assumes I'm fine with it. That's on the nights he's home; he works shifts though so half the time he's not even around to help me. I don't think it's much to ask that on the nights he's home he helps me out with a few things :shrug:

I ask him to help more but he says he doesn't want to hang laundry, or he doesn't want to give her a bath. Well neither do I, but it has to be done. It's not like the laundry fairy will do it. I know I'm a SAHM so technically housework is my job, and not his, but he had 2 weeks off recently and he did nothing to help me. I was still getting up at 6am with our daughter, I was still doing all the laundry, all the washing up, all the nappy changes, and all the cleaning around the house. He actually drove me mad :wacko: It's hard enough being the mother of a toddler; being 8 months pregnant on top if that is no walk in the park.

My OH isn't helping much at all. On odd occasions he will help me with taking out the rubbish, or sweeping the floors or doing some washing up, but I have to ask him and I have a habit of making it sound like he would be doing me a favour if he did it. Like it's not his job at all. I know I'm a SAHM so technically housework is my job, and not his, but he had 2 weeks off recently and he did nothing to help me. I was still getting up at 6am with our daughter, I was still doing all the laundry, all the washing up, all the nappy changes, and all the cleaning around the house. He actually drove me mad :wacko: It's hard enough being the mother of a toddler; being 8 months pregnant on top if that is no walk in the park.

im sorry hun. :hugs: i would just suggest trying to relax as much as possible before your lo arrives

My OH isn't helping much at all. On odd occasions he will help me with taking out the rubbish, or sweeping the floors or doing some washing up, but I have to ask him and I have a habit of making it sound like he would be doing me a favour if he did it. And he huffs about it too. I want to thump him at that point.

I have just about managed to get him to help with our daughter's bedtime routine - we do dinner, bath and bed. He's a qualified chef but I don't ask him to sort out her dinner. I also don't expect him to watch her while she eats or clean her up afterwards. I bathe her myself (which kills my back and makes me breathless). He only has to dry her, dress her for bed and put her in her cot. While he does that I'm doing the dishes in the kitchen. He's back on the PlayStation right after, at which point I have to get on the floor and clear up all her toys, which kills me. I don't think he even notices me doing all this, or assumes I'm fine with it. That's on the nights he's home; he works shifts though so half the time he's not even around to help me. I don't think it's much to ask that on the nights he's home he helps me out with a few things :shrug:

I ask him to help more but he says he doesn't want to hang laundry, or he doesn't want to give her a bath. Well neither do I, but it has to be done. It's not like the laundry fairy will do it. I know I'm a SAHM so technically housework is my job, and not his, but he had 2 weeks off recently and he did nothing to help me. I was still getting up at 6am with our daughter, I was still doing all the laundry, all the washing up, all the nappy changes, and all the cleaning around the house. He actually drove me mad :wacko: It's hard enough being the mother of a toddler; being 8 months pregnant on top if that is no walk in the park.

:hugs: totally the same here!! he actually said to me ''whats the point in doing it cause it just gets messy again'' :growlmad:

Fair enough, he works and I am on maternity leave, but I am still up each morning at 5.30am, get the kids ready for school etc, take them to school, do all the housework everyday, dusting, hoovering, mopping, washing dishes, washing, drying, ironing, putting away whist trying to entertain a 2 year old and being 8 months pregnant and huge!

I cook tea each night, which mostly he turns his nose up to cos he is sooooo fussy :growlmad:

I do bath time, story time and put the kids to bed......he will sometimes if I ask him too, but he always has something to moan about!!

He plays xbox the second the kids are in bed, totally will not engage in any form of conversation with me, then falls asleep on the couch and leaves the TV and lights on even though I have told him time & time again to turn the TV off :(:(

Sometimes I think I would be better on my own, cause at least then I wont expect anything from anyone!

Ugh, with the school run you sound like you have even more to deal with than I do. At least I don't have the problem of rushing in the mornings. Over the past couple of weeks we've moved the house aorund in preparation for the baby's birth. We are in a one bedroom flat, and the bedroom has since become our daughter's room, because we didn't want her being woken in the night by the baby, so we're now sleeping on a sofabed in the lounge. When the baby's here she will sleep in the lounge with us, and eventually, when she outgrows the glider she will go into the bedroom with our toddler.

Trouble is, my daughter wakes at 5:30 each morning, and my OH doesn't get up for work until about 7 or 8, depending on his shifts. 9am on a day off (and only because I refuse to let him sleep past then :lol:). But now since we only have one room to live and sleep in, when she's up she's in the lounge too, and I have to keep her quiet all that time :wacko: Some days I just give up and let her jump all over him. I'm up, so he should be up too :winkwink:

Paula my OH does help with some of the housework but I swear today I have really had enough!!!

I'm severely depressed at the mo, waiting for a referral from the MW, and I have been trying to get my OH the thing he wants for his bday next weekend and i got it but its all gone wrong and been thrown back in my face. Now he is asleep after having a few beers and if it wasnt for my little girl I seriously think I would walk out the door :(

Paula my OH does help with some of the housework but I swear today I have really had enough!!!

I'm severely depressed at the mo, waiting for a referral from the MW, and I have been trying to get my OH the thing he wants for his bday next weekend and i got it but its all gone wrong and been thrown back in my face. Now he is asleep after having a few beers and if it wasnt for my little girl I seriously think I would walk out the door :(

:hugs: same. I have seriously had enough :(

he makes zero effort. I mean zero. I feel really tearful. I really Hope this has something to do with hormones

Well OH must have realised he upset/annoyed me yesterday because when me and Annie came down this morning he had started putting up our Xmas decs and making breakfast to cheer me up...

I have MW tomorrow and I really hope she tells me all the pain I've been having is from baby's head engaging because it honestly can't get any worse than this!!

I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow and my daughter was born at 37 + 4 so at this stage with her I only had 3 and a half weeks left... scary thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->