January mommies!! ITs our turn!

keep us updated hun...

it's not uncommon to go into pre-term from 30 weeks onwards, as some babies are ready to face the world especially if they have grown very quick. So keep yourself calm. xx

I will :flower:
I went into pre-term at 28 weeks and at 30+6 xx

how many weeks are u, hun?

i thought i was going into preterm labor yesterday as i was having regular BH but they seem to have stopped. my back has been hurting for the past week so i can't really go by that. this is my first, so i don't even know what labor feels like. i have an appt to see the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks Princess, that is such a good deal, I'm getting some tomorrow!

Ive been to hospital this afternoon after a bleed. Got checked over and its cervical ectropian around the neck of the womb - dr said and excessive amount but its harmless and I've just been told to take it easy and avoid intercourse. Baby is fine though!

Ive been to hospital this afternoon after a bleed. Got checked over and its cervical ectropian around the neck of the womb - dr said and excessive amount but its harmless and I've just been told to take it easy and avoid intercourse. Baby is fine though!

Sorry about your scare but glad all is OK.

LM im glad everything is ok with you LO just take it easy and relax. At least we are all to the stage where if our LOs were born they would most likely survive. (Lets all hope that doesnt happen, but its a nice thought)
17- I have been getting BH alll day today even followed by some lower back pain and period type pains. I dont know what it is, if it continues tomorrow i will call my doc. Keep us updated
Steffy- Im sorry to hear about your crappy insurance. I think though that if you cancell with an insurance before a specific time they charge you a crap load for breaking any type of contract or something.

I have a question for you ladies from the UK. Do you have credit over there. LIke here if you dont ppay your bills or debts it goes against your credit and can keep you from being able to buy a car etc. Is there somethign like that over there.

I am so happy we bought some more lights and stuff for our christmas tree so that i can finally put it together. MY dd is absolutly facinated by all the lights and stuff. She is starting to enjoy it more then last yearlol I just had to say that lol. How is everyone coming about for christmas?

Bella- make sure you keep us updated as well about your doc appointment

I have a question for you ladies from the UK. Do you have credit over there. LIke here if you dont ppay your bills or debts it goes against your credit and can keep you from being able to buy a car etc. Is there somethign like that over there.

Oh hell yes... :p

It's the same hun. I worked in a bank so I may sound like I am blabbering on a bit. But you can get a varierty of different credit:
- mortgages, to buy houses
- credit cards
- credit on cars
- contract mobile phones
- loans

oh the list is endless and yes, don't pay your bills you get bad credit, although some people are under the misconception that bad credit lasts forever. But it doesn't, it can work against you for a fair few months but after around 6-12 months of working hard on your credit scoring you can get it all back to normal.

I have a credit card, loan, mobile phone and a mortgage.

If they perform a credit check on your account/under your name and it gets rejected... or even accepted, it leaves something called a 'credit footprint' and these can be lethal on your account also. Too many of these footprints can work against you getting credit.

Struggling with my own credit at the moment... but dealing with it :)
Nearly March which means BONUS :) should be all good after then

xxx

I'm confused I always thought going into labour before 36-37 weeks was always a worry but you ladies have some really positive stories? I always feel worried about any signs that something is happening before then, when can I stop worrying??? x

I'm confused I always thought going into labour before 36-37 weeks was always a worry but you ladies have some really positive stories? I always feel worried about any signs that something is happening before then, when can I stop worrying??? x

I've been in pre-term labour twice.
First time at 28/29 weeks: I had strong tightenings and back ache and also with a lot of pressure in my bum but LO has never been head down. I went in and was hooked up to the monitor and the midwife said IF this is labour do not worry they will not let you labour now. Labour got stopped and things sorted themselves out.
I then went into pre-term labour at 30+6. I thought my waters had leaked so went in. There was a three hour weight in triage and I felt myself getting wetter. I went to check my pad and there was brown spotting. I wiped and the tp came away brown. I went and showed the midwife and she put through a phone call to labour and delivary suiete and they transffered me there as they thought it was mec. I'd been having tightnings and backache all day prior to this. Thought it was just braxton hicks.
I was given steriods in the bum cheek and I'm not gunna lie those shots hurt. I was also given pethadine and anti-sickness to. And that really hurts! I was given two red tablets called nidedipine and then another 2 an hour later ( according to my notes) they had to stop givng me the tablets as blood pressure became unstable at 60/40.
They said if my contractions did not stop or got longer and harder I started dilating or anything came up on the scan I would be going for an emergancy c-section. I was told to cut down on solid intake but keep fluids up. They even went as far to do my consent form and risk assesment for my c-section. There in my notes. Luckily LO is still cooking and I'm 32 weeks today :D
I will not lie to you here but do not want to scare you. For me pre-term labour has been the scariest experiance of my life. Hearing the words contractions steroids sleepy baby baby in distress menconium c-section scbu and peadiatrition is something you never want to hear.
Going for a tour of the scbu and being talked to be surgeons and a neo-natal intensive care specilist is something I wish no one ever has to go through. I know they have to do it "just incase" but its still terryfing.
If pregnancy has taught me anything its to be as in tune with your body and if you go to triage one or a thousand times you can never be to cautious!! :hugs: xx

First time at 28/29 weeks: I had strong tightenings and back ache and also with a lot of pressure in my bum but LO has never been head down. I went in and was hooked up to the monitor and the midwife said IF this is labour do not worry they will not let you labour now. Labour got stopped and things sorted themselves out.
I then went into pre-term labour at 30+6. I thought my waters had leaked so went in. There was a three hour weight in triage and I felt myself getting wetter. I went to check my pad and there was brown spotting. I wiped and the tp came away brown. I went and showed the midwife and she put through a phone call to labour and delivary suiete and they transffered me there as they thought it was mec. I'd been having tightnings and backache all day prior to this. Thought it was just braxton hicks.
I was given steriods in the bum cheek and I'm not gunna lie those shots hurt. I was also given pethadine and anti-sickness to. And that really hurts! I was given two red tablets called nidedipine and then another 2 an hour later ( according to my notes) they had to stop givng me the tablets as blood pressure became unstable at 60/40.
They said if my contractions did not stop or got longer and harder I started dilating or anything came up on the scan I would be going for an emergancy c-section. I was told to cut down on solid intake but keep fluids up. They even went as far to do my consent form and risk assesment for my c-section. There in my notes. Luckily LO is still cooking and I'm 32 weeks today :D
I will not lie to you here but do not want to scare you. For me pre-term labour has been the scariest experiance of my life. Hearing the words contractions steroids sleepy baby baby in distress menconium c-section scbu and peadiatrition is something you never want to hear.
Going for a tour of the scbu and being talked to be surgeons and a neo-natal intensive care specilist is something I wish no one ever has to go through. I know they have to do it "just incase" but its still terryfing.
If pregnancy has taught me anything its to be as in tune with your body and if you go to triage one or a thousand times you can never be to cautious!! :hugs: xx

Wow you have been on such a journey already!! I'm so glad your doing well now and your little one is staying put!! I have no reason to think I'm at risk of preterm labour but I'm sure it's a worry of most mummys to be! Xxx

Wow you have been on such a journey already!! I'm so glad your doing well now and your little one is staying put!! I have no reason to think I'm at risk of preterm labour but I'm sure it's a worry of most mummys to be! Xxx

Haha he's a impatient LO. I said all along I have a feeling he's going to come at 35 weeks and be here for christmas. I can't get the date the 22nd of december out my head you know when you just get that feeling about something? And that 22nd of december would put me at 35+5. Freaky!!

Hehe that would be lovely if he was here for Xmas but also good if he stayed put:) I'll be 36 weeks by Xmas and think I'll feel a lot more relaxed knowing my baby will be strong enough if he is born then. Lots of women seem to have their babies early on here but everyone keeps telling me first baby's always come late lol! Xxx

massive apologise if i have already posted on this, no i read through some when the thread 1st started but after reading back through 10 of the 30 odd pages and not coming across one i figure i had forgotten to reply amoung the many other things i forget reguarly now lol

im due 19th jan, had 1 day of ms up until wk10, sciatica and restless leg since 20 weeks and no work since 23 because i cant sit down for more than an hour and i work an hours drive each way and have an office job, getting very nervous but will be very glad when this is over with so i can actually deal with the pain and work towards this antenatel depression being intensified by hormones.

finding it very hard to explain to people how i feel, they make me feel guilty for not enjoying being pregnant yet they didnt have the pains and sleepless nights i have had for 12 weeks now. its not that i havent been enjoying it, i just feel that in order for me to be there for my baby i need to get these feelings and pains dealt with but nobody is keen to do anything about them all the while im pregnant so i have to put up :cry:.

anyway, im not hear to moan and put everyone down, looking forward to seeing this list filled with announcements.....this time tomorrow, im in the uk, we can say, its us next month :happydance:

Had the worst night, I just cant get comfortable however I lie!!

Apparantly theres hand, foot and mouth going around my daughter's nursery and I'm very worried about her catching it, I dont even know whether to send her this week!

Windle I'm also shocked its December tomorrow and we can say we're having babies next month, scary but exciting at the same time! Better get my bedroom moved around so the baby has somewhere to sleep!

34 weeks today :happydance: I cant belive how fast this pregnancy has gone! and if I was pregnant with my son I would be having him in 3 weeks time! :shock:
went 4 days overdue with my daughter though.....wonder when I will go this time?! :D
hope everyone is well x

What's everyone planning to do in in terms of returning to work/not returning to work?

I plan to return to work but a new job as can't stand where I was before. I worked in a call centre for a bank and found it so stressful and boring. I will be looking to work part time and my mum will help with child care, I'm hoping to get back into travel, I worked as a travel agent for 6 years, left as I wanted a change and it's the worst thing I ever did. So fxd I will be able to get something decent money/hours wise.

Had the worst night, I just cant get comfortable however I lie!!

Apparantly theres hand, foot and mouth going around my daughter's nursery and I'm very worried about her catching it, I dont even know whether to send her this week!

Windle I'm also shocked its December tomorrow and we can say we're having babies next month, scary but exciting at the same time! Better get my bedroom moved around so the baby has somewhere to sleep!

I'm the same, really struggling to find a comfortable position and I'll be up all night adjusting pillows etc. It's suppose to help having a pillow behind your back and a pillow between your knees but it's not really been working for me. Just have dull lower back ache and restless legs it really is horrid!! Think it's our bodies way of preparing us for no sleep lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->