January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hope you feel better soon Blessed :hugs:

Love all the clothes Heather!

Morning girls my scan tomorrow I'm so excited can't wait to see him! Just hope he's all healthy ... 10am my scan is so nice and early x

I haven't looked online, I think they might be redoing it because most websites don't have them even listed anymore, even the Britax one. At least the last time I checked, which was a couple weeks ago. I just know it would be perfect because it would easily fit my infant seat, since it's britax.

As for diapers bags, I want a pink linings twin bag, as I'll still have a 15 month old when a newborn arrives so I want a big bag! Plus they're totally adorable.

I'm looking into woven wraps. I have two ergos and a moby, I loved the ergos, but they weren't always the most comfortable. And I liked the moby when he was small, but then as soon as a few extra pounds got on him it was awful cause it stretched way too much.

I had a carrier too and it was so uncomfortable. I'm only 5 ft and it gave me such bad backache, so looking for a wrap this time! I still have a moby wrap we never used though so I will use that for newborn days.

I've never used a woven wrap before, but I've been watching youtube videos for demonstrations, it doesn't look too complicated! Personally I like ring slings for newborns, because you just place it around your shoulder, plop baby in, and then pull tight.

Mushy, we are Britax lovers in this house. The only carseats we ever buy are Britax. I've just bought DD1 a Britax Pioneer booster with a 5 point harness that can convert to a regular seatbelt booster

So I came across these personalized name wall art for sale on Zulily, and I wanted to buy one for Claire's room, but I'm having trouble choosing between these two, anyone willing to help?
https://www.zulily.com/p/purple-dra...145308-24647961.html?pos=33&fromEvent=145308&

https://www.zulily.com/p/pink-flora...-145308-26620771.html?pos=1&fromEvent=145308&

Both lovely Lock. Maybe the purple one? I like the circle boarder.

Getting excited for scan day tomorrow :)

Hope you feel better blessed! I still have days where I feel terrible too. Fx'd it goes away and can enjoy the rest of 2nd tri.

Good luck Donna!

Lock I like the purple one. It's more symmetrical which always appeals to me.

20weeks today! Yay for halfway! Can't wait for test results and then hopefully V-day.

I like them both, but like the pink one better, Lock.

Oh wow such a hard decision lock! They are both adorable. I like the colors better on the pink floral, but the little cute dragon flies are precious

Yay for seeing baby again Donna!! I have no idea if I'll get another one or not since I have a new ob.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. I was actually not sick today so I'm hoping its on its way out!

With my first pregnancy I had a 9 lb 2 oz baby, I was 8 days over due and my husband's family has big babies. My sil had a 9 lb 8 oz baby! I am overweight, and have had a ton of blood tests done already to rule out any possible health concern outside of being overweight. My BP is perfect, and I've lost 6 lbs since the start. I was also told my first was a big baby because I'm overweight, despite other factors.

Today I was reading my notes from my last appointment and unbeknownst to me I've been listed as a high risk pregnancy. I was/am so mad! I was never told this, and reasons are due to being overweight and previous "macrosomal" (big baby) baby.

I just need to vent! Cause it makes me so mad and I can't wait until my next appointment to say something.

Mushy- that's so rude for them not to discuss with your your 'high risk' status! I guess one positive part could be that you get more scans? Is 9lb2 that big for being 8 days overdue? My DS was 8lbs6 on his due date (and he was CHUBBY!!), he'd probably be huge if he was 8 days later! That's such a crazy reason to call you 'high risk'. I have very narrow hips and am a small frame (although tallish) and I had a big baby (who didn't fit out!). I really don't think your weight should mean you have big babies and therefore high risk. And if for some reason it does for them then they need to tell you that!! When's your next appointment?

Lock- The purple one is so cute!

Mushy- That's ridiculous. I've had 4 losses, weighed almost 200 lbs at the start of my IVF cycle, have insulin resistance that I'm on meds for, and I've been labeled as low risk and am cleared for a homebirth. I don't understand how you're possibly high risk!

AFM: Finally told my mom that I'm pregnant. It went wonderfully. I'll have to post about it in my journal when I have a little more time. DH videoed the whole thing, so that will have to go up online. She took me shopping for maternity clothes today and it was so fun. Picked up a couple cardigans and a few shirts. Then we checked out the baby stores at the mall and she and I picked out an adorable little outfit together. I feel so spoiled!

Little outfit we found:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/910ZOd%2B9J7L._UY679_.jpg

I've had big babies also 9lb 5oz 11days of Over due and 9lb 1oz 4days overdue. I was high risk last time due to having a pph first time around but that was nothing to do with my weight or because of baby in fact the don't even class baby as a big baby here unless there 10lb
I'm over weight this time we'll my bmi was 31 when I started and I still ain't high risk this time it went down to 29 as I lost a stone due to sickness no idea what it is now.
They never mention my weight tho.
I'm low risk now but I can't give birth in a midwife unit as I've had a pph . If I'm anemic when I go into labour I have to have the Iv line in ready in case of another pph if not I'm ok tho and could have a water birth last time I had a Iv in ready and couldn't have a water birth. But I didn't haemorrhage last time thank god
3 hours till my scan! X

Goodluck Lucy and Donna for your scans can't wait for updates ;))
I have never been able to use carriers properly.. My babies just always feel too big! I see women that have their babies perfectly places in them and I just can't do it!! Would love to tho.. Any recommendations or advice very welcome ;)
My sister has just come back from Italy on holiday she bought baby such a pretty dress for when we go to Florida next may soo cute makes me impatient to meet her!
I know it's ages away but anyone thought about coming home outfits? I just have a pretty vest/baby grow and little pink cardigan.. Had a lovely fluffy white snowsuit from Jacob that he wore once to come home in so will
Prob use that if is cold with a little pink hat! X

Mushy just read your post that's ridiculous! I really don't think 9lb2 is a big baby! I also don't think being overweight has a lot to do with having big babies!
My last baby was 9lb1 i started the pregnancy at 117pounds,crazy that they make u high risk!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->