January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Cute bump Danna!

Lesh, sure all is fine, but how annoying that they're giving you the runaround like that. Glad your scan will be here soon!

Donna I had my bump measured by my midwife yesterday but this is my first baby (didn't know that mattered). My bump is measuring more than half a week ahead...not surprised, I feel like it's huge!

Frustrated I hope you're keeping entertained inside the boat on your way to Alaska because I'm guessing you don't want to be outside in this chill!

Lovely bump danna!

Hope your scan went well
Mushy x

Anyone else eating a lot?? I am eating so much lately the weight will pile
On! For the first tri and a while after didn't really want to eat now I can't stop!! And also my boobs are so sore.. They weren't sore at all until about 2 weeks ago!! Xx

I eat so much and am never satisfied. I'm eating pretty well, just not a lot of leafy greens, but nothing horribly bad. But I'm STARVING.

How about being so hungry but nothing sounds good? Anyone else have that?

I feel like I'm definitely eating more.

Love the bump danna!

Can't wait to hear some updates on scans :)

Thanks ladies! Can't wait for Fall to arrive so I can dress my bump proprerly haha.

I'm eating a lot too! I'm starving right now.. I need a lot of healthy-ish snacks or I'll gain too much for sure! Baby is hungry, not my fault ;P

My scan went well, baby is measuring half a week ahead. He's definitely a boy and has all his proper parts!

And I do have an anterior placenta again. Which explains why movements have been muted for so long.

Glad it went well mushy. My 20 week scan is tomorrow morning!! Nervous and excited about seeing my little one again they seem
To look so much bigger at each scan, I was using my Doppler the other night and me and my dh both felt her trying to kick it away from the outside! She's definitely getting stronger, just praying she's all healthy.

Glad I'm not the only one with a big appetite.. I try and be good but I just love eating at the moment and am particularly keen on the macdonalds sweet chilli wrap! I'm glad my boys are back to school tomorrow as will be no macdonalds lunch time trips in the week!

Xx

I know we're a while off this, but how are you all planning to feed baby once it's born?

I was always of the mind set that I would 100% exclusively BF, but over the last few weeks I've been thinking about bottle feeding, I hear so many stories of women really struggling to BF and it caused a lot of pain/problems that it's really putting me off (that and I have flat nipples :dohh: which I read can make it more complicated) and don't want it to cause me to feel like sh*t the first few weeks when I should be enjoying baby and not worrying about if I am doing it right.

I know there are pros/cons to both and I think whichever option you choose is great, don't want this to be a debate as I know It can be quite a senstive subject, just looking to hear your own hopes/experiences :flower:

I plan on trying BF with absolutly no pressure. If I like it and it's easy, I'll mix BF with formula feeding. If it doesn't work well, formula straight away.

I will hopefully bf again although hopefully this baby won't be such a boob addict like my DD was/is!

Im gonna breastfeed again. Nearly everyone struggles with it in the beginning, there's a learning curve. And it is painful at first. But i think it's worth it. I'm one of those people that believes breast is best, but I'm also very thrifty and there was no way i was spending a bunch of money on formula when my body was already making exactly what my baby needed lol! Also, breastfeeding helped me lose the baby weight, but I know that's not everyone's experience.

I definitely plan to breastfeed, and as I'm still currently breast feeding my first, probably end up with two breastfeeding babies.

It is definitely hard in the beginning. I don't normally have flat nipples, but when my boobs first got their milk in they flattened out. Plus my son had a lazy latch, so the two together caused a good amount of issues. And, he was constantly nursing, he wouldn't take a pacifier so he comfort nursed a lot on me. Despite the beginning being painful, and having multiple issues I am soo glad I kept going.

There were plenty of times I wanted to stop and give formula. But, then I tried to give him formula once, just to see if he'd take it and nope. He acted like I tried to poison him.

In the end, I am pro happy healthy and fed baby. So, if it doesn't work out with this baby, then that's what happens. If someone chosen to just formula feed, then I'm all for it. It truly is whatever is best for mom and baby.

I plan of BF again too. I have really tiny nipples 😂 but it was fine. Of course there was definitely a learning stage (day 4 when my milk came in I remember sitting in the shower with these painful melons and cried! Mind you, I was crying at everything at this stage) and my DH ran out and got a pump which definitely helped. Anyway, I found it particularly helpful at night as getting up and making bottles is much harder than just popping the baby on the boob 👍🏻 but like you mushy, whatever works for mummy and baby is best! Give it a go, Lilly. It's a pretty cool experience. I was freaked out a bit at the thought before I had my baby but then it felt so natural.

Haha heather, I know what you mean about the pump with those melon boobies!! There was no way to get the baby on - they were rock hard! 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->