January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Thanks everyone I think he has some kind of throat thing, the medicine has taken his temp down so that's good.

Enjoy sorting your baby clothes Donna I love doing that! We're in the process this weekend of sorting out the boys bedrooms building loads of furniture and making them nice then I'll have the baby's room to do exciting! Your lucky getting appointments Donna I see no one now until 34 weeks!! Then just every 3 weeks! Hardly saw the mw last time x

How come you're having so few? I feel like I'm having a ton, but time is just going by quicker than last time. I see my doctor once a month, and then I think around 30 weeks goes to twice a month and then around 36 it becomes weekly. I think I might get more because I'm "high risk".

It's just the way they do it here, first baby you see the mw from 25 weeks and every 3 weeks for a while two then after your first u have a scan at 12 and 20 weeks mw apt at 16 wks then nothing until 34 then it's 37 and 40! That's it! Rubbish! You're lucky getting more makes it all more exciting x

Embeth do u not have ur bloods taken at 28 weeks though?
Second time mums aren't suppose to see midwife here at 24/25 weeks but I did with Chad and are again I think it depends on the midwife then it's 28 32 them 34 36 38 I think I'm not sure tho could be lying x

We've decided his full name is Cruz Lee diesel Davies x

Lee is my brothers names altho we haven't picked t for that and diesel is my oh nickname and both our boys have something of his name so we fort we would use his nickname fr cruz x

Great name Donna ;)

Yes I do need to get bloods done at 28 weeks, the mw gave me a form at 16 weeks and said just go alone to the blood place at the hospital and get them taken! You have so many more appointments, useless round here!

I also need to get a MATB1 form to give into my work which I think your supposed to get from the mw but not been given one. Going to somehow have to get hold of that.

We have sorted our boys rooms out now my youngest and middle lbs will
Be sharing, it's a big double room. Looks so nice all new furniture with a Lego theme. My big boy has his own funky room! Just this little lady's room to sort.. We already have a lovely baby/toddler wardrobe in there and with me buying some and being given loads of clothes by my cousin I have sorted it all
Out.. Very weird to be putting pink little bits in drawers! Xx

Aww sounds fab Hun
Bless you it must be fab buying pink!
We need to move I'm only in a two bed at tho moment
CJ will hVe his own room and Chad and cruz will share once cruz is old enough to go in with him x

God that's such a long time to go without seeing midwife isn't it x
Where are u from x I'm from Wolverhampton x

I'm from Welwyn garden city in Hertfordshire.. I'm sure when I had my second 7 or so years ago it wasn't as little as this but when I had Jacob 2 years ago it was exactly the same, seems pointless even seeing them really with how few appointments you get.

We are in 4 bed town house bought it iabout a year ago.. Was never keen on town houses but has given us so much more space. The kids 3 bedrooms are all on the top floor helps keep the noise away when they have friends round! ;) x

I forgot -- is anyone else planning a home birth? I had one with my first and planning it again this time around.

Such a cool name Donna! He's going to be a little rock star :)

I'm with an OB and am going from the 20 wk scan to the next appointment at 28/29 weeks! Feels like ages! But I'm kind of pleased, the appointments at this stage go for literally 2 mins for me and it's a 45 min to an hour drive away. I don't have any questions and I'd go in if I was feeling unwell. They gave me the glucose drink and some instructions for the before the next appointment. Yuck!

I forgot -- is anyone else planning a home birth? I had one with my first and planning it again this time around.

I would love a homebirth, I'm 45 minutes away from the hospital (on a good day!) so it's not an option for me :(

Heather - I'm the same, this week I definitely look pregnant and was struggling to walk round the shops on Saturday as my pelvis (or "Vagina bones" if I'm being overly dramatic) were aching.

Lovely bump and scan pics! I was busy and got a little behind. :)

I feel huge already. Mainly just very uncomfortable trying to sleep at night. Achy feet and back. Can't wait to meet little man but hope he stays in until 37 weeks.

Sounds like everyone is doing so well getting things sorted for baby. I feel so behind already. Need to sort through DS baby clothes but then don't know how much else to bother doing. Changing table etc is still up from Dd but we plan on moving in March so seems decorating Angelo's room would be a waste. Feel bad not doing it though.:dohh:

embeth- I think it's adorable you would use your middle name. my oldest dd has mine. hope your LO feels better fast! :hugs:

TTCBean- I have a nathon and won't use jonathon because of it. i know I'm weird! I can't even explain why, just too similar for me.

Happy v day Lucy!! I was given the glucose drink at my last appt as well. :sick: I never look forward to it. I'm supposed to drink it before my next appt.

Donna- love the name!!! very cute :) and I love that they all have your DH incorporated somehow.

Heather- I never had much hip pain with my others, but my last pregnancy was horrible. when I would get up and down my hips would actually pop in and out of socket. so painful!!! my ob at that time said once you have it real bad in a pregnancy, it's more likely to come back in future ones. when I went to bed last night my hip hurt so bad. I hope it's not on it's way back :(

I'm amazed at how much my ob has me coming in compared to everyone else. I'm not high risk or anything. I have been going every 4 weeks, but my next one is 26 weeks and then will be every 2 weeks. at either 32 or 34 weeks I'll have to go in every week to the end. BUT I'm actually going to tour a birth center that is mw led and will likely transfer my care. There is only one mw group that will accept my insurance and the place looks lovely. if we like it from our tour with them I will see them and not even go back to my ob. I'm so excited!!! it looks like a peaceful and home-like place to have a baby. here is the website...
https://www.yoderbirthcenter.org/about_us.htm

the rooms look lovely. my only issue is that it's 42 minutes from my house. I did have one labor/birth that totaled 39 minutes from first contraction to birth, so that's a concern. but my last baby was my usual 6 hours, so hopefully we have enough time to get there.

I've brought nothing either lol. I've got loads of clothes for him that's it x

Morning all,

Shattered today, my lo still not well high temp on and off think it's his throat. Calpol seems to pick him up tho which is good.

Day at home chilling and housework today I think.

I have only bought some clothes for the baby, no Big things yet xx

Hope your LO is better soon Embeth :hugs:

Just took my LO to nursery and she was crying when I dropped her off again. She's done this pretty much every day at nursery since she started in April, but she does seem to enjoy it when she's there.

Aww bless her chick it's horrible when there upset but most enjoy it once they are there don't they

CJ cried a few times but he took to it really well he's been going a year now tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->