January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

TTCBean - I am not doing a home birth, however if everything goes to plan we will deliver with our midwife in a small personal birthing center that is 20 minutes from our home. Hospital is 45 minutes from home and we have a midwife shortage so home births are not available right now. I am hoping to have a water birth!

Aww bless her chick it's horrible when there upset but most enjoy it once they are there don't they

CJ cried a few times but he took to it really well he's been going a year now tho x

She was totally fine when we picked her up and they said she had been all smiles all day!

The birthing centre looks lovely Blessed! Will this be the first time you'll deliver at one?

I haven't bought anything for this little one yet but as we will be moving when I'm 30 weeks (eek!) I have to wait till then! Still penny of time.

Bev that must be so hard with Holly crying when you leave her. whar do the teachers do when you leave with her? I want to leave my DS at an occasional care place (9-12 they offer) a few mornings a weeks next year but I'm so worried about him crying. He's very clingy! He'll be just 2, do you think that's too young? I'm going to need the time at home with the new baby plus I think it will be good for him. I'm just going to be such a mess of he's upset! Donna, I'm glad your ds is good now when you leave. How old is he?

They pick her up and take her off to do something fun to distract her. She has a really good key worker who is responsible for just a small group of children so she gets lots of attention. She is always really happy when I collect her, she just hates it when I leave :(
I think they are all ready at different times. I know lots of two year olds who settled in straight away and loved it, whereas my three year old still cries every time!

CJ is 3 & a half he's been going. Since he was 2 & half tho he loves is all summer he was asking when he's going back lol .. His key worker only had about 5/6 kids in her group as well x

TTCBean- We're planning on a homebirth! We switch from the OB to the midwife next week. :happydance: Our midwife will need to come over to inspect our place pretty soon... We live in our RV full time and she needs to figure out if there is space for a birth tub. I really would like to do a water birth!

Heather- I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable, but great job with the better weight gain!

blessedmomma- I think that's just how some docs/mws do it. I'm low risk and I go in at 25 weeks, then 28 and 32, then start going every week at 34.

AFM- I am finally better! Just a little sniffle remaining. After three weeks of being sick, I'm so happy to be feeling well. Today was final ultrasound before switching to the midwife next week. Baby looks great! We were finally able to get some pics of her face and her palate is fully formed. Woot!

11224314_906638826040678_1396267791455346137_n.jpg

11014911_906638859374008_5074121927095019017_n.jpg

Hopeful- we are gonna try for the same! there are very few mw's in my city and only a couple do home births but it would be entirely out of pocket on costs. since I have insurance that covers everything completely I can't justify the cost of it. I wish they would take insurance for a home birth here!

Bev- hope she takes to it soon. it's so heart breaking :hugs:

Lucy- thanks! yes it will be a first for me. I have only done hospital births. no mw's in my area took my old insurance, but recently we were switched to a new insurance and this place is the ONLY one that takes it! I was so excited to find it. make sure you don't overdo it with your move! when we bought our house I was 30 weeks pregnant and it's exhausting mentally and physically.

bunyhuny- that's exactly what I plan to do! I'm so ready to move to this mw from my ob. gorgeous pics! baby is very cute. isn't it amazing what technology can do nowadays <3

I called and set up a tour and orientation with the mw group. I'm so excited and I hope this place is all I expect it to be. either way I'm not going back to my ob. even if I have to find a different ob or even just a family dr.

Thanks, Blessed. <3 Good luck with the midwife orientation/tour. It's so hard to find a good practitioner you really mesh well with. DH and I emailed a dozen midwives and interviewed four before we settled on one. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Morning girls
My youngest has only jsit woke up 7am is a lie in for me lol he's poorly tjo with a cold and CJ my eldest is till asleep he must be coming down with it to poor baby
I've got the midwife today
I don't think I'll be sending CJ to nursery today they obv haven't even had breakfast yet so would all be a rush .
Chad misses CJ when he's not here and keeps asking for him it's cute but he goes on and on lol CJ CJ CJ CJ is all he says wen cjs not here lol x

Hope your los are ok Donna x

My little man is a bit better today,
Grumpy but no temp last night or today. I feel like rubbish tho :( think i caught it.. Got all the housework and ironing to do today
The ironing today so no rest I doubt!

Very cute baby pics buny! Xx

Hey ladies how are you all

Im in so much pain today i tried to lift a
Sofa yesterday and buggered all my back
But the show must go on ive cleaned the house been
Shopping and now making hubby a cake as
Some arsehole decided to break into his van
And steal his new work stereo !!!! He only bought it
Last week !!!

Embeth and Chelle, hope you're both feeling better soon! :hugs:

Had midwife heard his heartbeat :) next appointment is in 4 weeks when she will do bloods and measure my bump
I so excited to meet him
She warned me its most common to bleed after 28 weeks with a low lying placenta so to take thins easy and she said in her whole 30 years of midwifery she's only even seen one case where a placenta hasn't moved up so hopefully that's a good sign mine will I really don't want a c sections

Aww glad you got to hear heartbeat. I got to hear my little boy's a well this morning :)

Soo spent the night in hospital as I threw up and was having bad cramps... got to hospital and I was severely dehydrated so was put on a drip to get water in my system... bub was still very happy n had a good heartbeat :) just happy I feel much better now and bub is still a happy little munchkin :D

That must have been so scary Sakura! Glad you're ok now :hugs:

Glad you and baby are okay Sakura!

Hope all the sick kiddos get better and all of you ladies with pregnancy aches and pains feel better too.

DH finally got to see Thomas kick last night!! Usually he hides from Daddy every single time but I poked my belly while DH was there and he saw it jump lol.

Today is my v-day, yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->