January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Blessed, what happened with your OB? I think you'll like the birthing centre. Have you taken a tour yet? I'm the same with the money wrap! Never looked quite right. The ktan comes in one piece and is easy to use, a must when you're standing in the car park with a restless toddler and a crying baby!
she is constantly talking down to me. she is a new ob that I have never used before so I wasn't sure what to expect. each appt is worse than the last. my early appts she was laughing at me for using natural things. then I was having a lot of trouble sleeping and was trying some natural things to help but decided to bring it up to her. she laughs about the natural stuff and says there is no research to show it helps. then 2 appts ago she prescribed me anti depressants for sleep. :saywhat: now, I'm not opposed to meds or even anti depressants... if I was depressed. she went on to tell me that they have a side effect of making 'some' people drowsy. and then says that I will likely become dependent on them and have to wean off them by 36 weeks or my baby will be born addicted to them. I asked what happens if he is born addicted to them and she says the usual addiction withdrawal symptoms, such as crankiness, shaking, tremors, and trouble sleeping. is she serious??!!! surely if he had to go through that after birth he would also go through it while still in the womb when I stopped as well. so at my last appt she asked how I was sleeping and I said fine. I guess she assumed I was using the anti-depressants. before I left I told her I wasn't gonna use them which made her angry. she acts like she knows better and I should just agree with whatever she says and do it. I realize I am only a mere mortal, but I have been in this body for a lot longer than she has been a dr or my dr and I still have to make the best decisions I can. she found out my kids go to a family dr instead of a pediatrician and lost it. it's really just absurd. they get very good care, our family dr has been our dr for many years. and I feel like she is really medicalized. don't get me wrong, I have nothing against modern medicine. but it has it's place. and I do like to try natural things such as herbs, homeopathy, organic foods, essential oils, etc for healing before I just jump on something sometimes. that doesn't mean I don't get my kids antibiotics when they need it, or don't take them to the dr, or get them medicine when it's an emergency. she really just isn't a good fit for me. very pushy and unwilling to hear anything I have to say if it doesn't fit her opinion, or something she read in a medical journal.

anywho, my tour and orientation is set for thursday the 24th. and yes, the ktan does look lovely and very comfy looking. maybe I will get one too!!

Chelle love the name, very adorable!!

Mushy happy vday!! :happydance:

That is so ridiculous, Blessed! Antidepressants?? For real??? Geez, that's extreme for sleeplessness. There are so many better alternatives! If you're still having issues, you may want to see if you can get a prescription for Phenergan. I took it for morning sickness (it's an anti-nausea med) and though it didn't help much with the nausea, it sure as heck knocked me out every time I took it! I told my OB that it kept putting me to sleep, and she said that that is the reason some pregnant women take it- to help with sleep problems. Needless to say, I had to stop taking it during the day, but I still use it at night occasionally when I can't sleep.

AFM- DH and I have been working on the whole baby name thing for weeks now, and we may have found a good one! We're thinking of naming her Eliška (pronounced el-EESH-ka) and calling her Lexi for short. I've wanted to call her Lexi all along, but DH said Lexi is a nickname and I needed to find a "real" first name that Lexi could be a nickname for. We did all of our IVF attempts in Prague, and so I started looking at Czech names since I'm not fond of Alexis or Alexandra, or any of the US names that folks shorten to Lexi. Turns out that Eliška is the most popular girls name in CZ right now, and it's also the Czech version of my own middle name! I'm feeling pretty good about this one. Now to see if DH agrees to it!

Happy v-day Mushy!

Blessed that doctor sounds like a nightmare!!! Does she get a bonus everytime she prescribes antidepressants or something?? I usually never have trouble sleeping but on the rare occasion when I have I've always taken the anti-nausea med Gravol and it has always knocked me out without making me feel hungover like sleeping pills do. Plus it is available over the counter (here at least) and I *think* it's safe to take while pregnant - I wouldn't know though as when I'm pregnant I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Love the name Buny and cool that it's a translation of your middle name. :thumbup:

thanks ladies! she was a nightmare! I won't go back even if this midwife birthing center doesn't work out. I'll figure something else out if need be.

buny and fitmama- you would think she would have prescribed either of those as an option considering I'm still experiencing morning sickness occasionally and she knows that. I actually am sleeping better now. all I did was force myself to stay up a little later at night. I was crashing hard at 10-10:30, then I would wake up by 2 or 3 and stay up most of the night. I'm making myself stay up til about midnight and I now sleep all night. on the weekends when hubs is home I sleep til 10am sometimes!

Blessed, she sounds like my OB I had last time and I changed from her at 28 weeks. She always made me feel silly. Changing was the best thing I did! I'm sure the midwife clinic will work out, but if not there's always another OB. Keep us updated!

Happy v day Mushy!

Love the name Lexi, buny. And having a Prague name is so cool!

Danna, that's so exciting you're doing classes! I met a really good friend through mine. Now we see each other every Thursday - our Lo's are 24 hours apart!

Cool name, chelle! Is it pronounced Reed? I like it, very masculine.

thanks Lucy! I think that's why I kept going back, just felt like I'm so far along I had to. finally realized I hate going to my appointments. I'm anxious all the way there and then leave feeling like I was treated like a moron. not worth it. I do think I will love the mw :)

forgot to say buny- I love the name! I have a cousin named Lexi and I like the full name you picked even better. very pretty!

Morning girls hope ur all ok
I have a niece called lexi - Mae
:) lovely name

Today is V DAY
Glad it's here it's going super quick think I should start to get organised lol x

Happy v day Donna and for yesterday mushy!

Soon all be hitting the 30 week mark before we know it!

Have good days all off to work for me x

https://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/donnarobinson1214/Mobile%20Uploads/F2E95D83-AE34-45A7-B608-1BFE4E64A7A3_zpsnvagsw3b.jpg

Can't believe the difference x

Omg donna thats huge lol i have to put mine up theres nothing there hahaha

24 weeks on sat

Attachments

• IMG_20150917_090944.jpg
    IMG_20150917_090944.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
Here is my 25 week bump pic

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/Mobile%20Uploads/76D42E69-9DAB-4FF7-A2B4-FD51A296D8AF.jpg

Lovely bumps! I should take more pics, I keep forgetting xD
People give me their seat in the subway often, so I must show alright already! hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->