January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Anyone used a Bjorn carrier? We are looking at the Miracle. :)

I really want to baby-wear (can see myself not bothering with the stroller if we're just popping out for a couple of things) but know I wouldn't be a wrap person so this seems like a better option for me.

Fit Mama - I've not used a Bjorn, but can recommend the Ergobaby. We have the original one rather than the 360. You need the infant insert for when the baby is first born.

I have the original ergo and the 360, they're both awesome! It was a huge bummer that ds1 stopped wanting to be carried. I've also used my sils baby bjorn and it did get way more uncomfortable very quickly.

I also used the moby, which was great when they're young and don't weigh much, but as soon as they start gaining too much it becomes too stretchy. And since it's a jersey type fabric it just keeps on stretching.

I really want to get a woven wrap this time, as I loved the moby when it worked. I just have no idea where to look, or what is good. I wish they sold them in stores.

We still use the Ergo (and even bought another one when in Canada..), but my son is quite heavy in it now at 28lbs!

I found the bjorn the easiest to get on and off compared to the ergo which was really handy for short trips. It's also lighter so it was great to keep in the stroller basket. Although it can't be used for as long as the ergo it was really handy!
I'm still thinking of getting the baby ktan for when she's really little, I've read when it stretches out it can be washed then put in the dryer to get it back into shape. Anyone tried doing that with wraps?

Thanks for your input ladies. :flower:

I am leaning towards the Ergo 360 now! I also like the look of the Ergo Swaddler (though swaddled babies always look like they're wearing straight jackets to me :haha:).

Congrats Mushy and Donna!

I have the Bjorn and used it for both kids. Only for very short trips though as it always hurt my back.

I went to the high risk ob yesterday. On the down side baby does have a horseshoe kidney. On the up side everything else looks fine so it's just a random anomaly and not a sign of a bigger problem. Only time will tell if it will cause any issues. Some people have it and are fine with no symptoms and some have frequent uti's and kidney stones. They will u/s his kidneys and check the function when he is born. So all is well in the meantime as long as they are functioning well enough to keep amniotic fluid from getting low. Hoping for the best and thankful because it could be much worse.

FitMama, I tried to order the Ergo Swaddler last night! Had trouble with delivery though so gave up in the end. Will try again tomorrow.

Athena, so sorry to hear that. Thank goodness it is not a sign of any underlying problems though. I hope he is one of the lucky ones who is not affected by it.

Oops! I took ibuprofen today thinking it was paracetamol as I had a headache i couldn't shift. I just read then that taking it in the third trimester is the worst time to take it, I hope as I'm not quite in the third tri I'm ok... 😣

Taking IBuprofen just once should be fine. From what I've read it shouldn't cause any issues before 30 weeks.

FitMama- I would be careful with a bjorn. they are pretty notorious for increasing risk of hip dysplasia according to the International hip dysplasia institute. people call them 'crotch danglers'. maybe they have come up with some new stuff though? the issue is with the seat part. if the babies legs dangle instead of having material come out around their legs it puts all the weight on their hips instead of their bottom. here is an article on it..https://naturopathicpediatrics.com/2012/12/12/baby-wearing-safely/

of course in my opinion baby wearing is lovely so if it's the only one you like, it may be ok and work for you! I have a lillebaby which is kind of like the ergo. lot's of back support for me and a better seat for baby. I have noticed there are some really good ones by infantino coming out lately that are very cheap compared to the $150 I paid for my lillebaby. the new ones have the right seat and for $30 I'm tempted to get one lol!

Athena- I hope it's just something that makes your LO special and unique and has no bad effects for future!

Taking IBuprofen just once should be fine. From what I've read it shouldn't cause any issues before 30 weeks.
^^^ I read the same!

happy double digits Donna!!!

Thanks Athena x The only reason I checked what I took was because it worked so well and usually paracetamol doesn't do much for me. I'll mention it to my OB on Monday. Haven't seen her since I was 17 weeks!! Crazy huh!?

Oh and Athena how are you feeling about your baby's kidney? You must be relived it's not an indication of anything else, but scary all the same x

Lucy- good luck at your appt. That is a long time to go between them.

Blessed-good info. I didn't know that about the Bjorn. Guess it's good I hardly ever used it. Think I need to check out the infantino. We've pretty much decided against a double stroller but wanted to find an inexpensive carrier that was comfortable. Since this is our last we don't want to spend a lot on baby gear since mostly we already have all the big stuff and they don't use it that long anyway. Hope that doesn't sound cheap.and terrible. :wacko:

Just hoping for the best. Mainly worried about the possibility of him being in pain from stones and things. Worried I won't know if something is going wrong with the kidney since it will be ages before he can tell me how he feels. The guesswork when you LOs are sick is what gets me. Now just have everything crossed he will be ok and I won't be in the hospital for Christmas. Thanks for asking :)

Athena, hopefully if they tell you he may get stones they'll be able to give you a list of symptoms to look out for. My DH is a kidney stones doctor! He occasionally does pediatric cases but they are rare so that's a good thing! Will they do the ultrasound when he's a newborn to get more info?
Think we won't get a double stroller either and stick with the carrier/stroller combo and I might look into one of those boards my toddler can ride on.

athena- I really hope he has no problems from it. I would be scared too and it's so hard when there could be an issue. my last baby literally did not poop on her own for the first 3 months of her life! we had to use suppositories to make her poop. the dr's ran all kinds of tests to see if she had this disease where some babies (rarely) are born with no nerve endings in their intestines. thankfully it came back negative or she would have had several surgeries to remove intestines and would have been in chronic pain her whole life :( I was mortified reading about it. turned out she was just allergic to milk and her intestines were inflamed from the allergy. after I took milk products out if my diet since she bf's she finally went on her own at exactly 3 mos old. I know that fear and hurt thinking your newborn may have problems their whole life, it's heartbreaking. :hugs: as for the carriers, the infantino has some good ones that are newer, but they also have some that don't support the hips as well. I have an infantino mei tai sash that I love, but I can't wear it for long periods or it hurts my back. nice for a smaller baby though or for short periods. its this one here https://www.infantino.com/products/sash but I have seen some more structured ones at walmart that look fab and like they have more back/shoulder support. much more ergonomically designed! it's just convincing hubs to let me buy a new one since he knows how much we spent on the lillebaby lol. but for only $20-30 how can I not?? ;)

hey ladies, sorry if I've worried anyone, just wanted to check in real quick. I've been dealing with a lot going on all at once and it's become emotionally taxing.

Shortly after his 2nd birthday Everett started getting his 2 year molars where he just screamed for hours straight and went from sleeping through the night to waking up 6 times or more for a week straight.

Then DH started to experience chest, stomach, and back pains. He went to see his doctor, who then had him rushed in an ambulance to the hospital thinking my husband was at high risk for a heart attack. DH was diagnosed with an issue with his heart (not exactly sure what the medical term is called) where the membrane around his heart becomes inflamed, so he needs to go back for a check up, more blood work, and start taking anxiety medication to help manage his stress. This also means we have a hefty medical bill, and cannot afford to buy any baby stuff for a while when 3rd tri is only a week away. This whole situation and experience was probably the most scary and stressful for me, I'm basically in a constant worry and panic now over it.

We had made appointments with Home Depot to have 2 windows replaced that had wood rot. We were blown off 8 times in the last month, finally had the windows replaced today, but only one. Come to find out Home Depot screwed up and when the contractor went to pick up the windows from the warehouse, only 1 window was there and not both, even though the receipt says we ordered 2, and we were charged for 2. So now I have to wait for them to figure out what the heck is going on and get us our 2nd window installed. That's another headache to add to my list, on top of them constantly calling me and me having to tell them over and over again we only have our 1 window, and not both (because I guess they didn't get it the 1st three times I explained it to them)

My kids keep waking up with bug bites, all over them, so now I have to worry about an infestation somewhere. The pest team didn't find anything at all, and have no clue as to what is biting them, but I've been on my feet all day for days deep cleaning everything they touch, bedding, clothing, toys, carpets ect, in hopes that I get rid of whatever is biting them. Strange thing is, they are the only ones being affected.

With everything else going on, we still have not had the time or money to start working on the nursery, so we are way behind on getting that or anything else to prepare taken care of. I've barely been able to take care of myself because I'm still feeling sick most days and am currently under weight for where I should be.

Still have no help available to me when I need it most. I'm having to deal with and take care of everything on my own.

The only thing I've managed to do in the right step so far is set up the maternity photo shoot for the end of October (something I can actually look forward to) and take the kids to get their flu vaccines next week.

*sigh*

But can't believe I'm past V day and practically in 3rd tri already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back