January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hope you're ok Lock, sounds like you're going through so much :hugs:

Happy v day Heather!

Happy V Day Heather :flower:

My heartburn has really kicked up a notch this week, it's horrendous - I'm taking Zantac every now and again to try get some relief, if I eat fatty foods it's awful, last night DH was eating cheesecake and I was eating watermelon :cry: so much for being able to eat whatever you want when pregnant.

Those of you who have been pregnant before, when do you start to see babies limbs stick out when it kicks?

I think I was nearing 30+ weeks when I saw limbs.. Lots of knobbly knees and elbows I could see/feel. I remember my last little one always stuck what was either a knee or elbow out and I used to have to push it back in! When he was born feeling his little knees and elbows would
Really remind of it!
Can't wait for all that to start even if it does get a bit annoying towards the end! X

I can see things sticking out when baby kicks or moves but not sure what part of baby it is. I think it was towards the end last time when they were more recognisable as limbs.

Sorry about the heartburn, Lillyfleur. Mine is really bad at the moment too :hugs:

Me too Bev I am always seeing lumps but I'm not sure what part they are. He is always pushing against my sides too - what a strange sensation!

Last night I bought a new (heavy) bathroom garbage can and was carrying it through the store. It was resting lightly against the side of my bump when I felt the craziest pressure and realized it was Thomas pushing against the garbage can lol.

I see a biggish round shape a lot, I assume it's baby's butt and pat it xD

Cute bumps, Ladies! You all look so good!

Happy V-day, Heather!

Athena, glad to hear that nothing else seems to be affected, and I hope it's not something that will cause him any issues in the future. Thinking positive thoughts for your little guy!

Wow, Lock, you've been going through a lot lately. Hope things calm down for you and your husband and you're able to relax. Don't feel bad about a little retail therapy :hugs:

It's been a stressful past week for me, mainly due to a dust-up between myself and my son's father.

But on the plus side I bought a used Moby for $12.50, so I'm excited about that! Already been practicing tying it :thumbup:

pita- that's a fab deal on moby! sorry you're having a hard time.

lilly- definitely feel you on the heartburn. :(

Hope ur all ok girls I'm doing more Xmas shopping today I'm so excited I'm a big kid lol x
Almost in third tri! Counting down the days lol x I have the midwife a week Tuesday x

Have fune Donna! The Christmas hunt is always a thrill :) and considering how close our EDDs are to Christmas, that's an excellent idea, relieves some of the stress now.

I'm not sure how much decorating I'll be doing this year as baby girl will probably be born before I get the chance to take any of the Christmas stuff down and don't really want to worry about putting anything away whilst taking care of a newborn.

I only did it online j couldn't brave the shops lol x my birthday is the 15th Jan and I'm normally late so baby could show up then x

I tend to do the online shop as well, so much less stressful.

Defo lol
They come today was really quick
I got him bing and bings house he is going to love them x

We certainly bought lots of stuff first time round that we never used. Joshua wouldn't sleep or rest anywhere other than on me or on a cushion on my lap. Must make sure we don't have a repeat of that this time round. We went through about five different types of chair before we found one he would go in!

Fo us, the things that were a must and that I will be using this time around are:

(1) Sleepyhead bed. This was the only way that I could get Joshua into his crib. It makes the baby feel like it is being cuddled. We have the bigger version now, which we only stopped using this week. It's meant to go up to 36 months though. https://www.johnlewis.com/sleepyhead-deluxe-portable-baby-pod-white/p231482924

(2) The miracle blanket swaddle. We went through about 6 or 7 other types before finding this one which finally worked. It's got little flaps inside to help keep the arms in place and stop them breaking out of it. They used to sell them in Mothercare but i think they have stopped so i might have to resort to having them sent over from the States. https://miracleware.com/product-category/miracle-blanket/ If not I'm hoping the ergo baby swaddles will work in the same way.

(3) A dummy / pacifier. Didn't use one last time and boy as a breast feeding mother was that a mistake. He just used to use my breast as a dummy instead. I think he was probably latched on for about 18-20 hours per day in the early weeks. Ouch!

Hey girls hope everyone's ok?

I'm still suffering with my lower back plus had flu jab yesterday and has made me feel rubbish. On a good note my little lady seems to be becoming very strong and active felt some kind of limb move across my belly yesterday really made me realise how quick things are going so excited to meet her.. Just under 3 weeks until my 4d scan!! Can't wait!

Frustrated that sleep cushion thing looks really good I may try it.. We have bought the chicco next to me crib as usually my babies end up in my bed! The pacifier/dummy is also a must for me.. I really struggle to stop my breast becoming one.. My last little man decided he didn't want it from 4/5 months last time so ended up feeding longer than I wanted again!!

Think I will pop to mothercare in the next couple
Of weeks and ordering my pushchair ;))

We have the Chico next to me crib too and also the NCT bed eat, which is what we attempted to use last time. He wouldn't go in it before I got the sleepyhead though. Am a bit worried about the bednest as a child died when using one earlier this year, although it was being used incorrectly. Still, reading the article made me feel quite sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->