January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Blessed, so sorry about your DH's grandfather.

Lovely bumps ladies. Even though I'm measuring right on target, I feel my bump is still on the small side, but maybe it's because I have a longer torso :shrug: but I can still sleep comfortably on my stomach.

I know I'm more than likely just paranoid, but I keep feeling I won't be bringing a baby home by the end of this. Not sure if it has to do with my previous loss or because my mind still hasn't really grasped the fact that I'm having a 3rd when I was so certain for so long we were done at 2. I've been a bit hesitant to buy anything :/

I'm still getting awful sleep due to rls and insomnia. I went to bed at 3am this morning and it's the earliest I've been to bed in months now! This no sleep thing is really driving me nuts, and I hate being so tired during the day while my kids are awake. I had to have DH come home from work early one day last week to help me with the kids as I only managed to get 2 hrs of sleep and had trouble napping. I was beyond not functional that day. I hope it doesn't happen again. I'm pretty sure I'd be getting more sleep with a newborn than I am now

Great bumps ladies, and congrats on all the v-days, double digits and making it to the third trimester!

Sorry about your grandpa-in-law Blessed.

Lock hope you can get some sleep soon and sorry you're feeling worried. I get scared too from time to time. I think it's a combination of my loss and that my cousin had a full term stillbirth. Doesn't help that I had a horrible nightmare last week that I woke up sobbing from.

I'm finding that counting kicks helps ease my worry. Anyone else doing this?

I felt like my bump hadn't grown much from my last appointment as well but then it was measuring 27.5 at my 27 week appointment so clearly it has grown.

Great bumps ladies, and congrats on all the v-days, double digits and making it to the third trimester!

Sorry about your grandpa-in-law Blessed.

Lock hope you can get some sleep soon and sorry you're feeling worried. I get scared too from time to time. I think it's a combination of my loss and that my cousin had a full term stillbirth. Doesn't help that I had a horrible nightmare last week that I woke up sobbing from.

I'm finding that counting kicks helps ease my worry. Anyone else doing this?

I felt like my bump hadn't grown much from my last appointment as well but then it was measuring 27.5 at my 27 week appointment so clearly it has grown.

I've got a count the kicks band, I think it's great, today I've felt him move in 8 sessions 😊 X

Has anyone who has previously been pregnant had polyhydramnios ( excess amniotic fluid)?

happy 3rd tri buny!

hope your ankle heals soon Frustrated! And sorry, I haven't, so I can't give you any answers. Has your gp or mw said anything about potential risks?

Yes it's a terrible feeling Heather, like we want to be excited, but are almost too scared, and still expecting the worst. It doesn't help that I keep hearing all these stories about late term miscarriages, late losses, or still births :nope:

Btw Mushy, I had forgotten to mention in a previous post, I LOVE your purple hair <3 I had gotten blonde highlights recently for my 27th Birthday a few weeks ago :)

Here is my 27 week bump. I still feel I am a bit on the small side and haven't grown much since week 24, I can still sleep on my stomach.

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/12106999_10201164481590746_6508475330449518809_n_zpssndilwh1.jpg

Lock I feel the same too. I am very excited, but I also don't feel like this is real. Each week that passes, doesn't mean much to me. I don't feel like I'll go into preterm labor but at some point I won't find a heartbeat anymore. It's awful. PAL is hard. I know too many women that lost their baby late or soon after birth. It's hard to believe I'm blessed with my son and my soon to be daughter. I feel like it's too good to be true and Gods going to do something to change that. Just trying to take each day at a time I guess.

Also......I scheduled a 3d4d ultrasound! !!!! Halloween day at noon! I'll be 28 weeks. So excited!!! But also terrified of seeing a penis at that appt! !!! I want a girl so bad and now that I've known girl since August it would be rough to be told the opposite after bonding, calling her hadleigh, and all the pink that has been bought!

I feel exactly like this about my 4d scan so scared those little boy bits may jump out!!

Lock the no sleep sounds exhausting hope it gets better soon. your bump looks perfect
To me.. People keep saying I don't look as far along as I am she certainly feels quite strong in there tho!

I feel the same way about being too lucky, like something must happen, I can't have everything I want! But I try not to get those thoughts get the better of me and am still getting ready for baby and planning ahead. I know statiscally, we all have a lot more chances of bringing our babies home healthy than not :)

As for finding out baby is a boy instead of a girl... At first I wanted another 3d scan to re confirm, but I figured I'd probably be more sad and stressed finding out now than at birth when I have a baby to cuddle. I already bought so much pink, which is my favorite color...finding out they were wrong now wouldn't save me any money, just make me go crazy xD

I have a question ladies, what do you do for bath times for like 0-6 months? I can't figure out the best option. My bathtub is very deep and it would be very hard to kneel by it and handle baby inside. My kitchen sink is ridiculously deep too. I've been thinking of the baby bloom bath for me bathroom sink, but wonder for how long baby would like using it. Portable baths seem messy, but maybe some are great?

I had a baby bath, which I hated soo very much, I then just moved into the bath tub, but it wasn't too deep for us. However I didn't give him many baths before he was mobile, maybe once a week he'd get a full bath and not just a clean up.

This whole pregnancy I've had a hard time believing it being true. I mean I was taking pregnancy tests well into 10+ weeks just to make sure I was indeed pregnant. It's hard for me to imagine bringing home a baby, but not really in a bad way as more of I still can't believe it way.

Especially until now I haven't felt pregnant! But I just popped and my hips have started hurting, definitely making me feel pregnant now.

I had a baby bath with CJ only used it once or twice
Just used the normal
Bath then and did same with Chad and will do the same this time I think baby baths are a right faf lol x

Hi girls! I had the most annoying baby bath to start with, it had a net thing and a bar in the middle. Was just awkward! Then got a regular one that was quite deep that worked well. But overall baby baths are kind of awkward.

I feel the same about not believing there's a baby in there and that I'll have a new baby in 11 weeks &#128563; I brought it up with my OB this week as I was concerned with feeling so differently to my fist pregnancy. She said it's quite normal to feel this way. I also talked about how I'm nervous about the postpartum part as last time I found it emotionally quite a difficult transition. She thinks I'll be better off emotionally this time but more physically drained. It was good to talk about some of my fears.

Totally cute Lock! I thought I looked small and then bang on 27 weeks I grew. A lot!

Hope all is well Blessed x

A close friend is a doctor and she told me they had a 'code green' yesterday that means a maternity emergency. A lady was trying for a vbac and she had placenta abruption. They got he into theatre in 8 mins but it was too late and both her and the baby died &#128546;. Too sad to even think about.

Baby is having a quiet day today, I hate these days :cry: the closer it gets to D Day I just worry something is going to go wrong.

That's so sad Lucy x

Well I've been feeling a bit down last few days I'm so stressed been arguing with oh and kids stressing me out been worrying my self about how the hell in going to cope with three kids
I found it hard work going from 1-2 how will I manage this time
After a long day I no my kids will be in bed easily and I'll have my evenings I'm not looking forward to starting again I can't wait to meet him but I hope I manage to get him in a good routine like I did my other two .
But can officially say I'm petrified last few days x

Lucy that is awful and terrifying!!! Poor woman :( a friend was upset today as a relative of hers is about to lose her young child to meningitis,only 3 became ill on Sunday, life is so cruel sometimes.

Lilly I know what you mean, it's worrying when they re quiet and I often think of how many weeks I have to get through before I have a healthy baby in my arms.. Sure your bub will be kicking you to bits tomorrow!

Donna, I sometimes worry about coping with 4. Having two older ones to get to school and various activities everyday as well as a toddler and baby and a house to keep clean it's just so much. You will be fine tho.. We all cope in the end I find that once the first month is out the way after baby is here things start to settle, baby will just fit in.

Anyone sometimes find their little ones movements quite strong and uncomfortable?? At only 25 weeks her movements tonight have been crazy really strong kicks and rolls in my lower Tummy/cervix.. It was beginning to stress me out as reminded me of when I starts leaking waters with my last baby as he was moving so crazily.. That was at 41 weeks tho!! This just seems early for her to be so strong!??

Oh Donna, I totally understand. I've spent most of the pregnancy worried about how I'll cope with another baby and going back to the start. I started making a photo book of my son today and seeing pics of him as a cute chubby baby helped picture this one. But I do understand, I've also been arguing with DH - I think we're both a little anxious. They say mothers of many kids are the happiest - so maybe it's not as hard as we imagine! I plan on making it as easy as I can by wearing the baby and getting her to take a bottle from day one so I'm not doing all the night feeds. Sometimes I think trying to imagine life with the new baby is harder than actually having it (well I'm hoping so anyway!) xx

That's horrible Lucy! Poor lady, can't imagine how her husband must feel :(
It's not something you hear often anymore, thank god, but it sure is a scary thought that things could go so wrong...

Thanks girls I'm sure we will cope
I've also been told it gets easier the more u hVe don't no how true this is lol

I am excited to meet him tho
Had a talk with oh tonight and feel a little better x
Yeh very strong movements here like can really see him going for it under my skin x he moves a lot lol x

I'm having the exact opposite on the movement front. I feel they've gotten a lot less noticeable. I'm almost getting worried about it. Sometimes I get super worried and then I'll feel a little nudge.

I also fear how I'm going to cope. I have a very hard time with just one, it makes me feel very sad sometimes. I know I'll manage, but it's very emotionally taxing sometimes.

Lucy, that is so tragic. I feel for the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->