January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Good luck today, Athena!

Lock, how's your sleeping going now? Can they do your daughters photos another day?

Mushy, I cracked it yesterday. It got to 3pm and I was so swollen by the heat I was dropping everything (including my phone, I just got the screen replaced and now it's cracked again) so I put DS in the car and drove with the a/c on full and got a McDonald's sundae :) then we went to the beach and tried to relax. By the time DH got home I was lying on the floor with the fan on me and he made us go out for dinner just to escape the sauna house! I really hope it cools down soon.

Donna, sounds like a great appointment! I've got a growth scan in 2 weeks!!

Good luck everyone at your appointments and GD tests!

I have my GD test on Thursday and may be asking for help interpreting the results. They have an online portal where you can log in and view lab results so I often get them before my midwife does.

Trying to book newborn photos but finding it so outrageously expensive, ugh. When photographers send you a link to your viewing gallery can you generally view/print the photos or do they stop you from doing that too?

Lovely bump bev :)
Thanks girls I have an anterior placenta to this time but I find I still feel him a lot just as much as I did with the other two I think altho I can't really remember x

sadly no Lucy, they had the photographer come in on one day only and don't do reschedules. The teachers at least held the check when they noticed we weren't there, so we didn't lose out on any money, just school pictures. Still though, would have liked them :(

Sleeping is getting slightly better, though I'm still unable to get to sleep until 3-4 am, unless I am very tired/worn out from weeks of not getting sleep, then I will pass out all night around 10pm.

GTT tomorrow, not looking forward to it :wacko:

Hi ladies! sorry haven't been on. think I am finally all caught up. we went to DH's grandpa's funeral and all things considered it was a lovely time. we rarely see most of DH's family, so that was nice to see everyone. we had to drive about 11-12 hours there and then back again and the kids did really well.

love all the bumps!

hope everyone is doing ok today. my LO went transverse a couple days before we left so I did some exercises and positions to get him back down. his back was across the top of my tummy and he was poking/kicking both sides. after I got him to move back to head down he has not been moving much. it's really worrying me lately. I only feel him 2-3 times a day.

my hips and back are absolutely killing me lately. doesn't matter if I sit more or walk more, it's just become quite painful lately.

Has anyone who has previously been pregnant had polyhydramnios ( excess amniotic fluid)?

I have never had polyhydramnios, but I had the opposite which is oligohydramnios (too little amniotic fluid). I actually did quite a bit of research on both when I had oligo. have you been diagnosed with poly? I had oligo twice. once was due to the placenta slowly pulling away the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. another time I had it and they did not know why. with yet another pregnancy I was borderline, but it never went low enough to be diagnosed with oligo.

Morning girls hope ur all glad the funeral went as well as a funeral can Hun. Aww bless u keep an eye on his movements Hun lil monkeys like to have us worried don't they x

Morning all ;)

Double digits finally for me today!!

On a mission to get my youngest potty trained.. He was 2 last month and has been using the potty in the house for months but I have been quite lazy with it so going for it now.. Hopefully means only one set of nappies to
Change when bub arrives!!

Lucy the heat sounds a nightmare where u are must be hard in the house being so hot!I must say tho an ice cream followed by chilling on the beach sounds so nice! No beach insight here and 12 degrees outside!! Can't wait until we fly to Florida next May for a bit of sunshine!

Blessed glad the funeral went as well as it can do x maybe get ur bean checked if he keeps being quiet in there, maybe the position he has moved into x

CJ didn't potty train till just before 3 but then was dry day and night within weeks . Chad already tells me when he wants a poop and will get potty but hasn't done anything. So far I do think he will be ready before CJ was tho . Potty training stressed me out so much with CJ I'm going with the flow this time lol.
Chad cries every time we leave CJ at nursery . He wants to stay to play bless him x

Both my older two were 2&1/2 exactly when they stopped with nappies, Jacob just has wanted to do it himself so thinking may as well get it done properly ready for January!i hate it tho .. Worrying about them having accidents constantly it's such an effort! Off to buy a little reward chart for him in a minute!! Xx

Well my gtt has started with the phlebotomist digging the needle around in my arm because she couldn't find the vein. Wonderful. Now my arm is sore and hurts by just my typing this. Ugh not a good start and right now I just want to go to sleep

Good luck with the potty training ladies! Anyone know how to potty train a one year old :haha:

Embeth I live in the same county as lucy and can testify that the heat is so awful! Yesterday was another obnoxious hot day, I couldn't cool down no matter what by the end of the day I felt so awful.

Lock that sounds awful. I'm going to do that test today too. Not looking forward to it. My veins are hard to find and I swear phlebotomists just don't care how many times they poke you!

I have the same problem too Mushy, the phelbotomists always complain about how I have tiny veins or they can't find them :/ good luck today with your GTT. They made me fast for mine, so after I had that sugary orange drink I felt awful, dizzy, lightheaded, and nauseous. So glad it's finally over with.

DD was extremely stubborn and hard to potty train. She was 3 when she was trained to pee on the potty, and 3.5 when she was fully trained. She went through a fear of pooping stage, and would hold it in, refused to eat dinner because it would make her feel like she had to poop, and ended up getting constipated a couple of times. It was potty training hell, but once she started pooping on the potty, she was basically fully potty trained overnight, and even stopped peeing the bed at night as well.

DS is only interested in playing with the potty at this point. I've tried sitting him on the potty but he freaked, so not going to try that again for a bit, but I'm alright with that, I'll just let it happen when it happens. I found that pushing potty training onto DD really pushed her back rather than forward, and caused more stress and issues than necessary.

Anyway, I took this photo while I was at my clinic for my GTT. This outlines all the reasons why I love my midwifery and birthing center! It's just awesome! https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/12166368_10201198362997760_859530851_n_zpsam8w1vbe.jpg

I had my flu jab today and my three year old has the nasal flu spray . I've got my whooping cough vaccine on Monday but going to double check with midwife it's ok to have x

They actually found a vein quite easily today. I guess I got a phlebotomist that knew how to find troublesome veins without stabbing me 5 times. It was great!

Lock that birth center sounds awesome! I wish we had a birthing tub at my hospital. Getting through labor at home with my first was literally laying in the tub with the shower running. I don't know how I would have made it without it!

The birthing centre sounds great Lock!

I have my whooping cough injection in a few weeks but need to book my flu jab.

Good luck with your tests Mushy and Lock! Took me all day to get over that sick feeling this time. Yuck!

Mushy, how good is this cloud cover today?! We were able to go to the park this morning!! It was so nice chatting to some of my mommy friends, the days I don't have a proper adult conversation are always a bit lonely.

Potty training, I don't think my DS is even close to ready for that. Maybe when he's 2 I'll start to think about it.

It's still super hot by me, but I'm pretty far inland. While there's cloud cover it's just making it humid on top of the heat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->