January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Great bump Donna! I'll need to do my third tri bump pic soon :D

I think I caught the cold or something! I'm someone who never catches anything.. what a bad timing :(

Hi Chelle!

Good job, Embeth! Ah yes, I sometimes get that sciatic nerve pain, it's awful! Try massaging your bottom 😆

Argh, names are difficult. I really think this time we'll wait till we see her to decide. I just can't get my head around a girls name that will suit her.

My bump is still very hard and just walking hurts 😕 it feels bruised all over. Has anyone had this? I'm wondering if I should call my OB. Any movement from the baby is so painful.

Lovely bump progression Donna!

Hope it's a quick cold, Danna. That's great you haven't had many bugs this pregnancy. I feel like half the time I've had one.

Great bump pics Bev, Donna, and Heather!

Hope all those sick and uncomfortable feel better soon. :hugs:

Well, managed to fail my 1hr glucose test for the third pregnancy in a row :wacko:. I've always passed the 3hrs in the past. HAve everything crossed to make it one more time. A bit nervous this time though since I was overweight when I got pregnant and am now over 30. :dohh:

Great bump Donna, you can definitely notice the progression!

Danna, I hope you feel better soon!

That's ridiculous Heather! You cannot measure love at all on monetary spending and material items. If that were the case, then I'd love DD1 WAAAAAY more than I love DS, obviously that isn't true, I love them both (all) equally.

I'm also having MIL issues right now. We live 6 hrs away from family and friends, and since I will be full term come Christmas, we told everyone we will be staying home for the Holidays. MIL is coming over to help out with my other 2 children around the time I'm due, and will be staying until Feb, which is fine because DD1 and DS will need the attention when I'm catering to a newborn, but she is trying to invite a ton of people over to my house for Christmas, and it's really annoying. Do you think I want to worry about entertaining people when I'm about to pop? Hell no! And these people, all of them, are the type that don't clean up after themselves, so I'll be on my feet cleaning up after them the entire time. I don't need that extra stress on me when I'm due in a week.

In my aggravation I've made chocolate, chocolate chip cookies.

I just want a quiet holiday at home, I don't need a whole crowd over.

Also, I am so over this constant sore back thing, but I know from here it will only get worse.

I think my bump is a bit smaller this time around than it was with my other 2, but I will have to go digging into fb to find some for comparison. I know I've gained way less weight though. 28 weeks in and still my appetite is non existent, most of the time I force myself to eat because I know I have to.

Sorry about not passing your GTT Athena :(

Aw that does sound annoying embeth! But I think a lot of women do have favorites and think all must.

Your bump is lovely!

I spent all day at the park and at an amusement park, I'm exhausted! Plus I have major heartburn all the time now.

My husband is driving me crazy! His back is hurting him and he's acting more like a baby than my nearly one year old! And he said the dinner I made was "dirt poor" food, but he is the one that asked for it!! We both agreed that I'm going to make dinner every night, no matter what, but to do that I need him to help with ds1. But instead he sits on the couch and puts mickey mouse on and just calls for him in the other room. Meanwhile he's running around the kitchen crying and whining. But I'm still expected to finish cooking dinner! After his remark about our dirt poor dinner I told him I was asking around for dinner ideas and all I got in return was suggestions for slow cooker meals, which he HATES. His response was, "did you tell them that you stay home all day and you don't have a job?" Excuse me?! I may not go clock in somewhere for 8 hours while someone tells me what to do, and get a paycheck! But I do have a job, a 24/7 job!

He's just really pushed my buttons tonight!

Sorry about the rant, it's officially over.

haha, seems a few of us are having a good rant tonight :haha: sorry about your DH troubles Mushy. Men always act like they are dying over the smallest things. And talk about a rude comment, should be glad he has food to eat at all, or a wife loving enough to cook for him.

Yeah, we might not get paid, but being a SAHM and home maker is hard!

Glad I'm not the only one ranting!

That definitely does not sound like fun having a bunch of people over for Christmas! Tell your mil if she wants them all there she needs to clean up after them as you'll barely be able to clean up after yourself!

I would definitely love some of those cookies though!

I used to think it would be easy being a sahm, but it's soo not. My son is very needy and seeks so much comfort from me and me alone. My husband can keep him calm for a good amount, but not like I can. It takes soo much out of me mentally that I don't think my husband quite understands.

Lock I don't blame u not wanting a crowd over! That's the last thing you need when you could give birth anytime!

Mushy sorry your having stress with your Dh.. I think I mine said that about a dinner I had cooked he would end up wearing the dinner!! How rude! My dh can be a pain I get tired of having to look after 3 children and keep a whole house clean whilst being pregnant and teaching part time! He does help but I have to ask him constantly!

I think I got about 3 hours sleep last night.. I definitely must have a nerve compressed or something affecting my right leg. No position in bed was comfortable and I had constant pain going from my groin to my foot! Nightmare!

Few hours and I'll be finished then it's Friday night relax and take away!!

Great bumps all by the way.. Heather yours looks perfect for 26 weeks.. Mines similar but lower.. I just always carry low! X

Hope your leg feels.better soon embeth!

I agree about DH not understanding how tiring it can be as a SAHM. Sometimes he'll ask how our day went and if I am frustrated about anything or tired or sore it's like he has to one up me about how he is more tired etc. Has made the comment that it must be nice to sit at home all day and he would love to switch places. :growlmad: It makes me want to punch him in the face. I appreciate that he works so we can afford our house etc but I am always busy with the kids, washing, cooking,cleaning, and now that DS is in school it feels like DD and I spend half the day in the car. His idea of watching the kids sometimes involves going outside by most of the time is just turning on a show for them and then looking at his phone. Boo. Sorry for the long rant that topic hit a nerve.:blush:

Rant away! It's totally frustrating how much they don't get it! And my husband is the same way when it comes to watching our son. We only have one right now, so it's not even as hard as its going to get! He doesn't understand why I'm so worried on how I'll cope with 2!

My oh is the same he's a good day but it's me who does the hard work! Drives me mad x

Adorable bumps, Ladies :thumbup:

Lock, that would not be fun to have a bunch of people over, right before your due date! Sounds quite stressful. My husband has been reminding me that we'll have a bunch of his family members over after baby is born, "to meet the baby", and I'm like "Well I'm not cleaning my house for them, I will have just given birth!" :dohh:

Mushy, I totally understand where you're coming from with the meals, it is HARD to always be the creative one and think up new meals to make every. single. night. And cook AND watch the kiddo at the same time! Being a SAHM is a difficult job, don't let anyone sell you short.

Oh embeth, that sounds miserable :-( Have you tried ice packs or a heat pad or massage, see if you can relax it? Probably won't help much if it's a pinched nerve, but it might help the muscle feel better.

TTCBean, I started raspberry leaf tea this week, at 26 weeks. I'm only taking one cup a day so far, if I can remember it lol.

We haven't decided on baby names yet. We had it narrowed down, leaning heavily on one girl name and one boy name, but he's decided he doesn't like the girl name (which I picked) and I'm not feeling the boy name anymore either (which he picked).

My husband's new job is starting to drive me crazy. He has no set schedule, they only schedule one week in advance, and they keep revising the schedules. He worked day shift for 4 weeks, and now he's working nights. So I'm trying to keep the 3 year old quiet during the day while he's sleeping! It's hardly possible! He's spoken with them about getting back onto day shift, but so far we've heard nothing. I'm glad he's working again, but I feel like this company is taking advantage of him, by giving him a lunch break that's only 15 minutes, and he works for varying hours each shift (some are 6 hrs, some 8, some 12) on top of the crazy schedules :wacko: I'm encouraging him to apply elsewhere, but so far that hasn't happened. That's my rant for the day lol

Has anyone who has previously been pregnant had polyhydramnios ( excess amniotic fluid)?

I have never had polyhydramnios, but I had the opposite which is oligohydramnios (too little amniotic fluid). I actually did quite a bit of research on both when I had oligo. have you been diagnosed with poly? I had oligo twice. once was due to the placenta slowly pulling away the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. another time I had it and they did not know why. with yet another pregnancy I was borderline, but it never went low enough to be diagnosed with oligo.

Hey Blessed,

Yes, I have polyhydramnios. It was picked up during a growth scan last week. I was sent for the scan as I was measuring behind by two weeks (26cm at 28 weeks), which was the same as with my last pregnancy. The scan showed that the baby was actually measuring 29 weeks and that I had slight polyhydramnios. I've had the GD test done, and passed, and am waiting on my virology results to come back to see if the baby has an infection. My consultant thought that was unlikely though and doesn't seem too concerned. I have another scan booked for two weeks time (at 31 weeks) so we will see then whether it's improved or not. Funny how I'm measuring small, yet have a big baby with too much fluid... My bump is much lower this time too. Clearly my muscles have given up after being pregnant with my son last year!

Lucy - I had a very sore bump when in the States. I really think it was the terrible heat. I've felt much better since coming home. Hopefully it will cool down soon for you.

We still are no closer to coming up with a boy's name that we like. Goodness knows what we will do if we have another boy (which I think is most likely).

Pinterest is my best friend for meal ideas, it has basically replaced my cook books. I love it! :thumbup:

I've not spoken to mil for a bit, but when I do I'm going to tell her no one is coming over for Christmas, NO ONE!

Well I've only put on 12lbs and I feel as if I weigh over 600lbs. I feel so out of breath D:

I've recently started feeling my little lady get hiccups, anyone else feel them too?

Also, scored some deals on great dressers for the kids today.

Pitakat I totally sympathise as it's hard to keep a toddler quiet in the day while DH sleeps! My DH does night shifts every few weeks and I never had a problem with it until we had a child and I realised just how impossible it is to keep them quiet!

Sick of having quiet movement days! Since baby turned I don't feel as much movement, I've been kick counting all week and i do get regular movent it's just a lot lighter, my whole lower belly used to wobble at night with the kicking, last night I just got a few movements really low down! That's it, no belly jiggling!

12 weeks to go! Can't wait for this baby to be out so I can keep an eye on it.

Edit: When I was at my Hypnobirth class on Tuesday I had my hand on top of bump and could feel baby moving under, it was so disgusting and amazing at the same time :haha: felt like an elbow nudging me under the skin (although I'm pretty sure it was a foot)

27 weeks today :)

Attachments

• bumpie_week_27~2.jpg
    bumpie_week_27~2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members