January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Having leftover furniture helps so much! I've only had to buy a dresser once (crib was given to us) such a money saver. Most of the big ticket items I already have, such as car seats, crib, mattress, dresser, breast pump and parts, clothes, swing, lay and play, pack and play, carriers, toys. All I really need is nursery and room decor, diaper bag (I even got a diaper clutch to keep organized :haha:) and disposable items like diapers, wipes, lotion, and nipple cream.

I honestly don't feel a huge rush to be in labor or give birth any time soon. I'm excited to meet my little lady, but also trying to enjoy what is left of my last pregnancy as much as possible, even when uncomfortable and unbearably tired. I know that once baby is here everything goes by so quickly. It's bittersweet.

We still need so much, and not just money wise. Really the only thing we need to buy for this little guy is a double stroller other than that we have everything else. But I have loads and loads of laundry to do! Mine, my husbands, ds1, all the linens and other laundry that I have yet to do from moving and could have avoided if I didn't leave them in bags in the garage for nearly 3 months now...oops.

I feel so overwhelmed with everything these next 2.5 months have for me. I have ds1 b day party this weekend, then halloween the next weekend, my anniversary weekend, then a couple weekends off, 3 birthdays within a few days of eachother and around American thanksgiving. December my close family wants to have a baby sprinkle, and like 50 Christmas parties. Then actual Christmas! I'm getting anxious just thinking about it all!

I'm definitely looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. The one time of year someone else does all the cooking and cleaning up, and I'm just there for the free food, which is always amazing because my family is full of excellent cooks.

I think I'll just knock out Christmas early, do all my shopping online, and get everything wrapped by early December.

Lock- if your new prenatal has natural iron derived from food I bet you will be feeling better within a week or two. :thumbup:

happy third tri Embeth and Heather! :happydance:

donna- you look fab!

mushy- I agree with feeling overwhelmed with it all. we just celebrated my oldest dd's birthday on the 15th. then halloween, my birthday on nov 13th, thanksgiving (which we cook and host for some family), Dh's birthday on dec 10th, ds birthday on dec 16th, christmas (we don't host, but it's exhausting making sure we make it to everyone's house in a day with 7 kids in tow), then our anniversary on dec 30, and new years dec 31. there is so much going on at the end of the year for us it's crazy. my babies tend to come a little early usually so I'm hoping with a due date of Jan 10th doesn't mean he will show up before at least january 1st!!!

we pretty much have anything big we need. we co-sleep so no need for a crib or nursery. the only thing I can think of is a new diaper bag and some more disposable diapers. we got rid of our cloth diapers after using them on the last 5 kids. they were still in great condition, but just too much extra work lately. I have started on my bag for birth, but it's more just that I have thrown it in my closet and as I've gathered some things I've thrown them in there. need to go through it and figure out what I still need. plus to wash all the baby clothes again. our car seat from the last 4 boys expired before my last baby so we bought her a pink one. had to get a carseat cover to make it look more boyish for this one.

I hope the iron rich prenatals kick in soon, because I'm really starting to feel fed up :cry: these last few days have been hell for me

Hope u start to feel better soon lock xx I'm with u on the fed up thing.. It's been a week of no sleep me now with this awful pain :(

Hope everyone else is ok.. I'm just enjoying relaxing.. Kids in bed, housework done.. Half term school hols nxt week so no work or school
Runs for us!!:)) and I have my scan tomorrow.. ;)) can't wait... Now just praying my leg gets better soon, would love a whole night of sleep and no pain!
Xx

Mushy I'm sure all will be great at your scan!! I know how you feel though, I'm *always* nervous before scans - I have one in 3 weeks and I know it will be the same...and they won't let my DH into the room until after they've finished scanning which will make it even worse.

Hope you feel better soon Lock and Embeth. ((Hugs)).

Good luck mushy sure it will be great.
Even though I'm excited for my 4d scan tomorrow I'm still nervous as haven't seen her since 20 weeks, hoping all
Still looks normal, think it's natural to feel a bit apprehensive before scans xx

Enjoy your scan, Mushy, it'll be great to see your sweet baby again :thumbup:

Welcome to the 3rd trimester, embeth and Heather!

We also have a lot to do before this baby arrives :wacko: My brother is currently living with us in our tiny house, he's in the second bedroom. He's going to move out before baby's due date, but I'm not sure when. When he does, I need to set the room up for both the toddler and the baby.

I have bought clothes, blankets, etc, but haven't washed them or put them away yet. My sister is going to give me some things (play mat, swing, etc) but she lives 4 hours away and I need to find time to make the drive over there. The only things I still need are the carseat, which my inlaws want to buy, diaper bag, diapers, and a dresser.

Other things on my to-do list are: get my carpets cleaned, do a thorough cleaning of the whole house, and cook up some extra meals to freeze so we have some healthy, quick food available after baby's born. My hubby's birthday is in just a few days, then Halloween and Thanksgiving (during which my grandparents will be visiting for a whole week) and Christmas too lol.

Man, there's lots going on, lots to do! I'm kind of happy about that though, the last couple months are gonna be quite busy, and I won't have tons of time to think about how I'm still pregnant and is this baby ever gonna come? :haha:

Hope you both get a decent nights sleep Embeth and Lock. Feeling exhausted makes everything so much harder.

Yay for your scan mushy! I have one on Monday :) I'm always nervous too. Your 3d scan will be so much fun Embeth!! Can't wait to see pics!

I know what you mean, Pitakat! So much is going on yet I feel like I'm gong to be pregnant forever!

Im trying to pack the house up. So not fun. 😕 I'm getting really uncomfortable and feel utterly huge at night now. Day time is still ok but come night and I feel like an elephant. Can't wait to see how big she is on Monday!

So he's doing fine, measuring about 3 lbs 6 oz. He is also frank breech, which I was afraid he would be breech. I'm really hoping I can get him to turn! I'm terrified of having to get a csection!

:hugs: I'm so sorry Embeth! Getting no sleep is like torture! I've been so irritable, and then upset and crying because I'm irritable and hate being that way towards my kids or my husband :cry: I hope it gets better for you soon.

Lucy, I absolutely hate moving, all the packing and unpacking! I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Pita, I also have a long list of random house stuff to do in preparation in 10 weeks or less now. So much to do, so little time.

I'm sorry your little man is breech Mushy, there's still time for him to flip though, and if you are interested, I know this great site called "SpinningBabies.com" it has a lot of positions and advice to get your baby to turn from breech to head down naturally

I agree Lock, no sleep is the absolute worst!!!! I hope you ladies having trouble sleeping are able to get some zzzz's very soon :hugs:

mushy glad the scan went well :)

Forgot to say, I had to do some shopping so I stopped by some used stores while out today and found a baby k'tan wrap for less than $5!!! Can't believe what a steal it was. And can't wait to try it with Landon :)

Still time for him to turn Hun :)
I haven't got my scan til the 30th November seems ages Ages away but Ino won't be long can't wait to see him and see what he weighs X
Half term here now also so no school runs for me . CJ doesn't go back til the 3rd November I'll be almost 31 weeks then! So Ino it will fly by. I'm Ment to be getting my Moses basket today which I'm excited about I already have a crib but Chad didn't like his crib and loved his Moses basket so thought I better have both . X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->