January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hey girls!

Back from my scan! Baby girl is definitely a girl and is perfect ;) estimated to be 2lb6 at the moment and already has a little hair! So can't wait to meet her now!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 11
Enjoy! Was so lovely seeing her.. She was asleep the whole time!

Aww she's cute!!!

Having a son but keep having dreams I give birth to a girl!! Really starting to worry now lol.

So glad it was lovely Embeth! Adorable little girl :)

I've just noticed I'm 30 weeks today, only 9 weeks to go! 😳 for those mamas who have had more than one baby (blessed, Donna, lock, Embeth, Athena - sorry for those I forgot!) did you find your post partum emotions were a bit more managable after your first? I'm hoping I'm not quite as teary and hormonally crazy this time round and I adjust a bit better to having a newborn.

Happy 30 weeks Lucy!i found all those after feelings were definitely less intense after number one.. Physically my body seemed to be ready to adapt better with my others. I think when u have other children already you have to be ready just to get back into normality quicker. I still have a few days after the excitement has worn off of feeling a bit down but that's just me! I always get this sadness about not being pregnant anymore!! The only thing I found worse with number 2 and 3 were the after pains ouch!!!! No one warned me you get those after having 2 or more.. I remember lying in bed at the hospital with ds2 and thinking I was going into labour again.. It's normal Apparently! I was ready with the pain killers after number 3!!

Xxx

Donna- hope you got your moses basket!

Embeth- completely adorable <3

Lucy- I always have a hard day somewhere between 2-4 days postpartum where I feel weepy and hormonal. It only lasts for a day, but has happened every time. since I expect it, it doesn't seem as bad. I just know it's coming and prepare for it. if you had it really bad or for an extended amount of time, maybe you could talk to your dr about it before hand so there is some plan in place if it's bad again? :hugs:

embeth- completely agree with the afterpains!!!! I don't remember it with my first, but it has gotten progressively worse with each one. my last 2 babies I couldn't even hold the baby right away I was in so much pain. since this will be my 8th baby I've already spoken with my midwife about pain medicine for after the birth. not looking forward to that part again. it's gotten so bad it's worse than labor for me :(

Precious little girl embeth!

Lucy, I've found that going from 0-1 the hardest adjustment. By the time I had DS I already had a good idea of what I was doing. The previous experience made a big difference and I felt more confident. I did have a few down days, but not nearly as much as with my first. I know it's different for everyone. For me personally when I brought DS home he fell into the routine and the flow of our home right away, the adjustment wasn't that difficult for us.

Those after pains were so bad with number two also thought I was in labour again lol
I still got very weepy when my milk came in about day three with Chad but only lasted the one day from what I can remember . I was a lot better physically after number two and felt better in my self tho.
I'm not looking forward to the baby blues again this time tho.

Happy 30 weeks Lucy can't believe I'm there on Thursday :)
I did get my Moses basket but it's only small so I want another one lol x
Well my kids have been up since 5am because of the clocks going back how fun lol x

Happy 30 weeks! Another milestone! Only 10 to go.

Well for the past 4 nights I've been wide awake from sun down to sun up. No sleep whatsoever and barely getting in 4 hours of sleep in the morning while DD is at school and DS is napping. The first night this happened I called DH at work the next morning crying that I needed his help with the kids. Now on day 3 with no sleep I'm unusually perky and completely fine with it. How is this even humanly possible? Or why even???? I've acknowledged how much it sucks, but think I've just come to accept my fate.

Well we went for a family hike today to see a waterfall at the end of it. Did I think the hike would wear me out enough that I would go right to sleep tonight. For a second yes, but quickly realized that was wishful thinking!

Anyway I took this adorable picture of DD and had to share with you all, so I hope you enjoy!!! :D
https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/12063388_10201223038454631_928272925661286552_n_zpscdvdiadx.jpg

thanks ladies! I hope I get better sleep soon too! In the very least, I'm not being a total grump towards everyone over it any longer, if that's any consolation! I think tired is now becoming a part of my personality :rofl:

That's sounds awful lock.. I really hope you can sleep a decent amount soon.. Gorgeous pic of your little girl!!

They really should explain to mums about after pains with babies after number 1! I really thought they d left something in there with ds2!!

I'm in the car on the way to London for a baby show.. Was hoping it would be relaxing but my leg is killing me and after a big dinner last night and a growing baby pushing my stomach up I feel v sick! Nightmare!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->