January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I'm so excited to meet him now but I'm still petrified of having three kids I don't no if it's because I felt completely done after two . Don't get me wrong I'm so happy I'm Having him now but the other two were very planned and tried for for a good while. This one was a surprise after my coil fell out suppose I'm terrified of how it will be with three X
He's going mad in my tummy today moving so much :) X

I didn't want kids at all growing up then I did when I met my partner but it took us three years to conceive then I new I wanted another and we had Chad who took 16 months to conceive was ntnp after CJ and now number three defo done now tho x aww it's lovely isn't it x

Thanks so much for the insight into the world of 2+ little ones Lock, Embeth, Donna and Blessed xx I did briefly talk about it with my OB and she said she thinks I'll be better this time. I really don't like the feeling of being in the dark and not knowing what's next so this time I should be a little more prepared! And hopefully I can work out a better sleeping arrangement, I remember getting just so exhausted. Embeth, I know what you mean about missing being pregnant. I used to think at times that I wanted to put him back in my uterus where he was all cosy and warm! Haha. I think for me I was overly anxious and had a tough time letting go (still do!) I didn't leave him at all till he was 5 months old and that was just with his dad so I could get my hair cut. So at night I found it hard to 'switch off' and let DH take over. I just worried so much! Anyway, I hope we can all keep in contact after we have our precious bundles and help each other out in the postpartum time xx sorry about the essay!

Lock your little girl is so cute. And her little hat! Adorable! Fanily hike in cool weather sounds lovely. I can't believe you're still not sleeping. Have you spoken to your OB/midwife about it? I hope you don't get sick from being run down. I believe phenergan is safe in pregnancy? That may help for a bit?

How come your Moses basket is so small Donna? Do you have to return it?

Now, the after pains. I don't remember these! I read the uterus contracts while breastfeeding so it can get back into place? Maybe I didn't notice so much as I had some pretty nice drugs from the c section? How long did they last?

I think we are back to the name Mila :) question. In the U.S. People pronounce it Mee-lah but I think Australians (and maybe in the UK??) people say Mila with a shorter i sound? Am I over thinking this? 😆

My Moses just seems little to me some are quiet deep and some shallow like I can't explain it really lol x I'm going to be keeping it I'll just buy another one to I'll keep one downstairs maybe or I could just sell it on I suppose lol x
I love mila I'd say it as meela it was on my girls list X
The after pains didn't last To long c

Lock- hope you can get better sleep very soon. your dd is so precious <3

Lucy- mine have gotten worse and lasted longer each time. with my last baby (#7) it lasted maybe 4 days.

I'd say Me-la, but I speak French so that's how you say it.
Wow ladies, I didn't know there was pains after the birth, worse after each kids, why no one talks about that?

I'm getting nervous too, mostly about getting everything ready. There's only so many free weekends left, and christmas time is pretty crazy... I can't wait to stop working so I have more than 2 days a week to get things done with no energy haha.

I think I'd prinounce it my-la!?! I have a girl I teach called it and that's how she pronounces it. Think we are going with lily at the moment.. Most likely change again tho!
The after pains that come straight after birth are something that's mainly felt with baby number 2 or more, I'm sure I was told
You don't really get them with number 1,just the usual let down/feeding pains when your uterus is contracting back.

Xx

thank you ladies! I remember getting zero sleep about a week before I went into labor with DS too, so I basically waltzed into motherhood with 2 already dead on my feet :haha: Right now I'm feeling the same as I did then. The best way I can describe it is I feel restless. Every time I go to lay down I feel as if I should be up doing something, so I toss and turn endlessly. I think it's just pregnancy insomnia and the nesting instinct on steroids!

I did have some after pains after DS was born, but that was mainly from my uterus shrinking back down. The cramping was like going into labor again! I only had a graze the 2nd time around, so I actually felt great after DS's birth, was up walking like normal again 30 mins after his birth :D

Lucy, I'd pronounce it like Mee-la because the actress Mila Kunis pronounces her name that way also.

Donna I was the same as you, I was so adamant against having kids when I was young, now I'm on my 3rd :haha:

Claire moves around mostly in the mornings and at night, and usually she twists around, I can feel it, and it feels quite strange. Her elbow or foot drags across my stomach, and when she kicks, she kicks hard! Hard enough that it has actually hurt, and even alarmed me. I had gotten worried a few times wondering if that was normal. I don't think my other 2 kicked nearly as hard.

Great bump blessed X
Lock I was the same only a graze with ds2 no stitches or anything so felt normal! I really hope I get another straight forward labour this time
I'm tired today thank god it's half term so no school run
I'm Ment to be having my whooping cough jab today by my Drs have rung me to tell me then haven't got it in they'll try to get it and let me no X

ugh i have sciatica after spending the morning not being able to put pressire on my foot it ended up in an afternoon in a&e the pain is unreal i dont know how I'm sspsd to last another 7 weeks at wotk being a hairdresser i didnt get my break till 3 last sat as i get so busy !!!

on another note we may have actually found baby a name

Reuben Elliott me and hubby love it and think it goes well with ds 1 Finley

I can sympathise chelle! I have been told I have sciatica after getting stuck putting my trousers on a couple of weeks back.. My whole leg has been painful particularly into my ankle.. Has been waking me up in my sleep it's awful.. Really hoping it disappears xx

yes embeth i was shocked at how far down the leg it actually goes !!!

Had to take a different train than I normally do due to traffic issues. Rode the long way to make sure I got a seat as it gets very crowded (think getting bumped and jostled constantly) and lurches all over the place. Well of course a few stops in an elderly man got on the train and NO ONE - including the 2 able bodied "men" hogging up the priority seats - offered him a seat. So I had to and nearly got knocked over by the lurching trains. The 2 "men" just stared at me and didn't give a crap. Unbelievable. What the eff is wrong with these people?

Oh I can't stand when people (particularly young, healthy men!) don't give up their seat. I feel like asking them where their manners are. Good on you Fit for being a good citizen. Hope you didn't get too uncomfortable standing all the way.

Chelle and Embeth, siatic pain is so bad &#128533; hope it improves before we all get huge!

I saw my OB today and she did a quick scan. Baby girl is measuring big!! I suspected so. She said she could see her practising her breathing which she said is a good sign and also feeling hiccups is as babies who are sick or distressed don't tend to hiccup or practise breathing. It was my last appointment with her before my new OB in Australia - it was a bit sad!

Chelle - Reuben goes perfectly with Finley! :)

Lovely u/s , bump , and kiddo pics!

Lucy- I agree with others that going from 0-1 was harder than going 1-2. DD was different than DS as far as sleeping less and such but felt much more confident and calm with #2 since I felt like I knew what I was doing. Less weepy too since I wasn't as afraid of everything the second time. With Ds I was sure something terrible would happen and was so wound up about it.

Was thinking about how little time is.left and how busy the next 2 months will be. Ended up dreaming my water broke at 30 wks. :wacko: Woke up panicked about how little we have done for the new baby so yesterday I went and got Dd a new dresser so she will be officially moved out of the nursery and spent the afternoon putting it together. I feel a bit better but a little like I'm drowning in things to do.:dohh:

Did my 3hrs GTT this morning and Dr Wednesday for baby kidney check. Fx'd all is well and I can get my c-section date. Think I'll feel better if I have a date to plan around. Sorry for the long post.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->