January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Embeth, that's a long time since having your urine checked! But I guess they know what they're doing :) bummer about your sick little boy, hope he's feeling better. I definitely have quiet days with this little one. She never really kicks, only squirms, but usually just as I start to think it's been too long between movements I get some crazy lightning crotch! I don't worry as I saw her on the quick scan a week ago, I really do think we get a bit of insight into their personalities before they're born :)

Donna, I hope you don't have diabetes! Good thing you went in to get checked.

Blessed, I think as lovely as the 'baby retreat' will be I'll probably get lonely too. Bet I go home early! (And then probably wish I was back there..!)

embeth- mine definitely has quiet spells! hope your LO feels better fast :(

donna- glad he started moving again. hope the urine was just a once off and you don't have diabetes. I know you are low on iron and when I'm anemic I have dizzy spells. hopefully it's just that.

Lucy- I always get nurses that tell me since I have several other children I should relax and enjoy the time away from my family while in the hospital. I really enjoy my kids though and don't see them as a burden at all. I'm used to the noise and all the extra love around me from all of them. I homeschool too, so it's a shock to my system to go from being around 7 kids all day to nothing.

I was trying to figure out why the mw said I wouldn't likely make it to January while looking at my chart and sonogram. so I wrote down all my due dates and the dates that my babies actually come. they came between 37+4 and 38+3. when I look at this pregnancy, those dates fall from December 24-December 30. I guess that's what she saw. I think I'll be amazed if I make it to January now.

Lucy.. I think they just leave u to it here if it's not your first with no previous problems.. I am really not impressed with the lack of maternity care in my area.. All comes down to money I think!!

I just lay in a warm bath and she's had a good kick around now so I feel a little better.. Have been so stressed with just the amount of things to do lately and work stuff I feel like it's affecting her, hope not.

Donna hope all looks normal with your scan when you get it.. Sure it will be fine x

Here's my 31+3 bump!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
Cute bump Embeth!

My baby is quiet today too, she has days like that, she moves so much in general though, I've never been really worried yet.

Hope everything is fine tomorrow Donna!

Shower yesterday was so much fun! The princess and pink theme was adorable, I felt very lucky!

Embeth- such a neat little bump you have! Cute! Although it must be a bit worrisome at times not having many appointments I must say I find most of mine pretty pointless and just annoying having to get my toddler looked after during them. Looking forward to no more prenatal appointments in 5 weeks!

Danna- id so have a princess and pink theme shower too. 💖

Totally get feeling a bit lonely when you're away from your kids, blessed. Although I do look forward to nap time! 🤗

Totally get feeling a bit lonely when you're away from your kids, blessed. Although I do look forward to nap time! ��

:rofl: well naptime is a whole different experience! totally look forward to it :)

embeth- gorgeous bump!!

danna- sounds like a lovely shower <3

Gorgeous bump embeth :)

Thanks girls I'm sure all is fine ino he's fine in there and the scan is precaution they have to offer u a scan after two reduced movements episodes
I'm glad I get to see him again
And I was having a scan anyway to check placenta so they will just bring that forward :)

Blessed what made u want to home school? Have you always done it just curious
I'm always with my babies to. I mean CJ does go nursery for 3 hours a day but apart from that they never leave me I don't really have any family as such
They didn't even mention the ketones and glucose again at hospital only when she first tested my wee so can't be worried .
My wee was clear just 12 days ago so I'm not to worried I'll see what it shows next week at my midwife appointment hopefully it will be clear then! Haven't got long left now anyway can't wait to meet him j think I'm goin to do his washing and get my hospital bag ready next weekend . Well his hospital bag as i still need to get bits for mine I need new slippers and pjs and pants I've got some bits tho. X

Hey ladies, how would you describe lighting crotch? I'm not sure if this is what I'm experiencing recently!

Beautiful bump Embeth.

Danna, I've been getting it a lot lately too, most often when I walk, and it feels like a quick jab or a small jolt in that area. I really am at a loss at how to describe it properly too.

Well I'm taking a 6 hr trip to NY for the week for thanksgiving. I'm probably insane for driving so far being as far along as I am, but I feel completely comfortable with it. It's my 3rd I feel far less panicky this time around. If I go into labor I go into labor oh well :haha:

Also bit late in the game but I'm finally getting cravings andc it's only for soda. Lord help me. Why can't I crave something healthy

I really really want to go to newyork and was thinking of going for my 30th birthday in two years that won't happen now tho but j really hope to go some day I'm from the uk and just so want to go to newyork lol x
Have fun Hun x

Danna lightening crotch is like a sudden jolt, almost like being electrocuted...or struck by lightning I guess, hence the name. :haha: The first time I ever got it was at Thanksgiving when my nieces and nephew were hitting a piñata with a stick and shrieking - my mom thinks Thomas was turning his head trying to figure out what his cousins were up to!

Lovely bump Embeth.

Have a great holiday Lock!

Our new floors are finally in, hooray, and they look *amazing.* We are forever indebted to my dad's friend who worked tirelessly (and without pay) all weekend installing them. Can't wait to get the nursery ready now!!

Today is going to be a long one...work all day, then straight to my midwife appointment, then straight to our prenatal class.

Hope everyone has a nice week!

I have lightning crotch now and then too. Makes me jump!

Have a great holiday Lock :)

Hope your appointment goes well FitMama :)

All my family and friends live in NY as that is where DH and I grew up before we moved. And it's not the city, just to clarify, haha, usually when I saw I'm from NY most people assume the city. It's actually a really rural and quiet area, lots of lakes, and wine county! Which is why I'm such a big wine fan. It's going to be hard to steer clear of all the wineries while I'm there

Had my scan girls :) he's perfect and weighing 5lb 13oz Alredi and I'm only 33+4 lol x lil chunk his belly is above the 95th percentile which doesn't suprise me as both my others boys bellys measured big to. So I have to have a Gtt test on Friday now which I don't want to do lol
I had them in last pregnancys to tho and all was fine
They checked my urine again today and it's all clear nothing in there so that's a good sign :) X

Booked into see her again on the 4th Jan for a sweep and to book induction I think X

HI ladies.
I hope you don't mind me jumping on board so late. This third trimester has gone so quickly and I've realised that I have gotten to know a few of you through these boards. I would really like to see how all your births go etc etc so joining this post makes sense (I only discovered it existed a little while ago).

And I'm due on 10th Jan with my second little girl. I went 5 days over with dd1 so I'm not expecting to go early.

Welcome Spudtastic! :)

Well I think I do get lightning crotch! It's just so hard to describe it , it's sudden and sharp and passes quickly, mostly when I walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->