January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hope your headache gets better soon Donna :hugs:

I finally packed my hospital bag!

i am now spud due to being a hairdresser with sciatica not a good combination :(

Would you girls travel 1.5 hours one way for a Christmas celebration, 1.5 weeks before your due date? DS1 was two weeks early. We'd be driving back that night, probably get home around 7pm. I'm having a hard time deciding! It would be nice to see family from far away, etc.

Chelle - Sorry to hear you have sciatica. I get it briefly now and again. It's not very nice.

Ttcbean - that's a tough one. I think you should follow your gut instinct. For me I am a 3.5 hours drive away from the hospital so if it was 1.5 hrs in the other direction I definitely wouldn't go and I would if it was on the road to the hospital. I was also late with dd1 so I'm not expecting dd2 to come early.

Hi girls hope everyone's ok?

I have 3 weeks until maternity leave, I teach so
Will just be finishing when the schools finish for Christmas then have a whole year off ;))

Ttc I would probably wait and see how I was feeling v near the time, if I wasn't having any major signs of baby being on its way I would probably go.

Am finally relaxing today has been one of those constant crazy days with the kids driving me mad!! Been desperate for some peace!

Dh is decorating bubs nursery for me this wkend so I'm looking forward to sorting all her bits out. Want everything organised so I can then just look forward to enjoying Xmas with my boys!

Does anyone feel like the baby is always right at the front of their bump?? I know it sounds silly but she feels like she is literally the other side of my skin with no padding! It's weird I can feel what I presume is her bum at the top of my bump all the time! Quite uncomfortable when she moves at times xx

Hope all is well at your scan, Abbie!

Donna, your bump looks awesome! Hope your gtt went well.

TTC, it would depend on how I was feeling. I'd wait till the last minute to decide lol.

Well Thanksgiving is over, all the cleaning and prep and cooking for the holiday is over, my sister has gone home, and my grandparents will be headed home in 2 days. Whew! It's been a crazy, busy past week, and I'm grateful that in a couple days I'll just get to relax lol.

I'm going to have to look up a list of what to put in my hospital bag because I don't remember what goes into it! I know to pack something for me to wear and something for baby to wear, other than that I can't really recall. Luckily I only live abut 10 minutes from the hospital so if I decide I need something from home someone can bring it to me :thumbup:

I have this feeling as though I'll go a little early, but I wouldn't mind having baby on the due date or even going over (though I may give a different answer when I'm 39 weeks :haha:) I was only 3 days over with my first.

Thanks girls, I think I'll wait until last minute too, day or so before. Worst case is I'll have to mail a few presents after the birth of the baby lol. The person who is hosting the gathering asked me at Thanksgiving if I was going or not and I didn't know what to say!

Ttc I've already told people I'm not traveling for them, that if they want to see me they'll come to me. I said it nicely though, and they've all agreed. It works out great because my husband and I hate driving around Christmas time anyway.

My nephew got me and ds1 sick. I seem to be doing worse off than him, but he gets a good amount of colostrum so I imagine that's helping him out. I feel like I jinxed myself as I was thinking the other day how I'm surprised I haven't gotten a cold this whole pregnancy when with my first I was sick 3 or 4 times.

Hope you feel better soon mushy!

Embeth- my bump is the same. He is so high and stuck to the front. It's quite uncomfortable. I agree about the hard bit being a bum stuck out. Most of the time I feel short t of breath and can only eat small meals. Sometimes I wish he would drop down some but then might cause pressure and spd etc so no great option. :dohh:

Cruz is the same always right at the front sticking his bits out I can only eat small meals and have bad heartburn to X

Hurtburns woke me twice last night too! :( I thought I would throw up it was so bad!

Hope you ladies had a nice weekend! We painted the nursery and put up the Christmas tree. I cried because next year there will be a little baby with us when we do it, how amazing :')

Next weekend I'm washing baby's stuff and packing! Then some Christmas shopping... time is flying by right now with the holidays isn't it?

Finally got a belly shot uploaded, 34 weeks... feeling huge! Heartburn is really bad this time around for me too, waking me in the night, etc. So hope he decides to come out on time, and not delay!!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
I'm back from my time in NY. Can't believe how busy I was, but I can relax some now, at least for a little bit. I still have the nursery to put together, pack my hospital bag and the diaper bag, but DH and I picked up our first pack of diapers for the baby today while out grocery shopping.

Beautiful bump TTC!

I definitely feel you ladies on the heartburn, it's sooo bad. Think I'm just about over this pregnancy also Heather, the nerve pain on the back of my right thigh is awful, and it's just so difficult to do anything now. I get out of breath just by going up and down the stairs :nope: I get worn out simply by doing nothing at all, and I'm so huge now! I am far larger now than I was full term in my previous pregnancies, and I still have 5 weeks left. I'm really hoping she comes early.

The good news I have though is that I went Black Friday shopping (yes I totally bought into the hype! I am the reason people have to work Black Friday :blush:) and bought Claire $400 worth of baby clothes for only $113. Talk about a deal! :thumbup: the entire store of Carters was having a %60 off sale for Black Friday.

Lucy- I was having a lot of trouble falling asleep when I had low iron. now it's just every now and then. usually if I have a few hard nights I'll crash and sleep really good the next night.

Donna- so glad your placenta has moved! hope your gtt went well. lovely bump :) :flower:

Embeth- so cute!!! my baby is definitely sitting the way yours is. I've never felt one sitting this way. it feels like his back is going down the front of my bump all the time with no cushion in between. little butt is right on top. so uncomfortable when he moves!

Chelle- said a prayer for your cousin. poor girl! :hugs:

Bev- yay on the bag!! I only need some snacks in mine and last minute things like a phone charger, etc. I will likely take out the clothes and wash them once more :blush: no reason to do so, but I'm sure I will in my nesting.

TTC- if it were me, there is no way I would chance it. but I have had some of mine come close to 37 weeks. I won't even be leaving on christmas this year to visit family that is 45 minutes away and I will be just over 37 weeks. my birthing center is about 40 minutes from my house and the thought of driving all that way back to my house to drop my kids off and head up to the birthing center while in labor is not a pleasant one in my head... but also one of my babies came in 39 minutes from first contraction to birth so maybe I'm just nervous since then. you have a lovely bump!!! :flower:

Pita- we cook for family on thanksgiving too and even though I'm excited for it to come, I'm thankful when everything is all cleaned up after. we had my fil and step mil, my brother, and my sister with her husband and their 6 kids.

Mushy- I hope you're feeling better fast! :hugs:

Danna definitely feel as though time is flying by with all the holidays in between!

LockandKey- bet it's nice to be home! we finished up our christmas shopping with some black friday deals. :thumbup:

afm- we bought a car today so we will have 2 vehicles. our other one is a 15 passenger van. it's nice to have a regular car to get groceries and what not. we also took the kids to pick their secret sibling presents today and let them unwrap them as well. everyone was happy with what they got from each other.

the heartburn has become ridiculous. nothing helps. I have it all day and when I wake up to pee at night I have it then too. :nope:

I have no idea what to expect with this baby and when he will come. my children have come at all different times...
#1- 37+6
#2- due date
#3- 41+4 (had to be induced to get him out)
#4- 38+3
#5- 37 weeks (induced early for complications)
#6- 37+4
#7- 38 weeks

seems like the majority of mine come on their own between 37 1/2 weeks and 38 1/2 weeks which is end of december for me.

That's interesting you said you had trouble falling asleep when you were low in iron, blessed. I got my iron checked again and it was low which coincides with my sleeping issues so I got some liquid and regular iron today - fingers crossed it works! Congrats on the new car! I bet your little boy comes when you're mid week 38 :)

Hope everyone's feeling ok today, seems like a lot have yucky heartburn. Such a yucky pregnancy symptom.

Cute bump ttc!

Lock I know what you mean about getting tired easily. We have a sectiond story in our new house and the thought of going up there is too much!

Aww that's so sweet Danna about your crying when you put the Christmas tree up, such a lovely thought having your baby there to do it with you next year.

Embeth- my baby is sitting in an 'awkward' position according to my OB. Kind of on the side, good thing I'm having a c section! I can totally feel her learning to breathe sometimes. How weird is that!?

Glad your placenta had moved, ehat a relief!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->