January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hope everything is alright TTC and that you are feeling better. Keep us updated.

So had my midwife appointment yesterday and she told me I gained 7lbs in a week! I'm really hoping it's a combination of the salty thanksgiving food and constipation. But 7lbs????? I've been good about gaining only 1 lb a week and keeping my weight in check. I seriously want to cry.

I haven't heard of that supplement TTC, what's it meant to do? Hope you're resting - but that's a happy thought, 16 days isn't far away to being full term!! :)

Lock, bet the 7lbs is mainly water retention. You are tiny, bet you still look compact!

Glad your appointment went well Donna :)

I've got my OB appointment this Friday (I'm every week now) and this one will be at the hospital I'll be delivering at so will be fun to check it out. Still having trouble falling asleep, so I'm now taking a tiny bit of a sleeping pill so help me which makes me feel a bit groggy in the morning. My OB said it will help with the congestion too. I'm tired to say the least!

Lucy, my midwife said it was a anti-spasmodic herb, so supposed to settle spasms? I can't find much info online about it, but from what I can find some women take it in tincture form to help with preterm labour. My husband went and got me some this morning, I took a tab this afternoon and I can't tell if I feel better or not. I have drank a ton of water and "rested" as much as I can with an active toddler, no BH at least but I've had some "lightening" crotch and some cramping.

16 days until full term is a happy thought!! Amazing how we will all have newborns next month (or some of us THIS month)!

I think nesting mode has kicked in. My house smells like a hospital! Snap blessed! :)
:rofl:

Mushy- hope you feel better fast. so hard to be sick while pregnant and having a toddler too :nope:

TTCBean- hope it was just nothing. with one of mine I started losing plug in my 35th week. my water broke with him at 38+3. the rrlt can definitely cause contractions. my mw asked me to stop drinking it at my last appt when I told her I was having a lot. hopefully the supplement will help!

Lock- I gained 4 pounds between my last appts and the mw ended up checking me for swelling and asking me if I had any vision problems, etc. to make sure I wasn't getting pre-eclampsia. I think weight gain is just sometimes jumpy and not even. and with the holiday we just had, it's understandable!

Lucy- enjoy your visit to the hospital! seems to make it very real. hope the sleeping pill works!!

well, I thought I was leaking fluid and having a lot of cramps so I popped open one of my tests to check for amniotic fluid, but quickly realized I grabbed the wrong test. it was a test for a uti. so decided to take it since it would be ruined after opening it anyways... it came back blaring positive! I have only had a uti once and I'm having no symptoms that I had then so I'm very surprised. did some research for natural remedies and found out it can be serious in pregnancy causing preterm contractions/labor and can even make your water break :shrug: I went and bought some more tests and I'm gonna drink tons of water, juice, and add probiotics. I hope I can get rid of it before I would need antibiotics. :wacko:

aaaaaand I've decided I'm done bending over. I've informed everyone in my house that if I drop it, it can stay there or someone else can pick it up....

My son is goin on a nursery trip to see Santa today he's so excited :) bless him
Cruz has being moving so much all day yday I felt him loads in the night and he's moving the minute I woke up! It hurts some times
I still haven't started my iron and ino I need to
35 weeks tomoz! Eeek X
I hVe no idea how much I've gained midwife will weigh me soon and I'm dreading it X

Just had my 34 wk appointment and she said she will offer me a sweep at my 38wk appointment (dec 30th) she said it will be a 'bit uncomfortable' ...Any of you ladies had one before, how uncomfy are they?

I'm in two minds as 38 weeks is quite early and my hypnobirthing classes made sweeps out to be a complete waste of time/not necessary.

I had two with Chad
One at 39+4 and one at 40 weeks they didn't work
They didn't hurt either slightly uncomfy X

I thought it was quite early for the NHS to offer me one :wacko: I've decided I will let her have a look and if i'm a little bit dilated or it looks like things could be happening I will let her do it, if she has a look and my cervix is like a bolted door I will just tell her not to bother.

Lilly- I've had several. it's went both ways for me. some of them were extremely uncomfortable and some were no worse than a normal exam. also, went both ways in whether they seemed to work or not. with my only late baby, I had 3 or 4 done and still had to be induced at 41+4. the other 2 babies I had them with I went into labor the next day with one of them and within a few hours of having it done with the other. I think it's one of those things that will help if you're close to going on your own, but if not it won't do much. definitely think they 'can' push things along in the right situation.

I didn't think they did them that early either and I agree they work if your nearly ready :) X

My current midwife told me they only work if your body is ready to go into labour. My midwife will only offer them here from due date.
I've had one at I didn't feel anything at all even though the midwife said some people find them painful. I had the sweep at 40+3. I immediately became effaced. I lost the plug that night and went into labour the next day. For me it's worth a shot. I'll try one again this time.

I've had sweeps in both previous pregnancies, I'd say they are more uncomfortable than anything else. Probably what hurt the most was my midwife's knuckles scraping against my outside lady bits when she was trying to get her finger far enough up there :rofl:

I've dropped 3lbs in 2 days, so it's definitely some water retention, as well as the constipation finally making it's way out (gross as that is)

I had a a slow leak in waters with my third plus contractions in varying strengths with my last little one.. The midwife gave me a sweep when I got to the hospital and that really got things going! With my first tho I had a couple did nothing and still took two days to get him out once I was induced two weeks over!! X

so I've had to ask my midwife for antidepressants today to help get me through the rest of this pregnancy and through the first year to help avoid PPD. I'm not proud to admit it, but I've found it very difficult to enjoy this pregnancy, bond with baby, and get excited about her arrival. I haven't been taking care of myself as well as I should have, and this last week it has only gotten worse. I have been losing my patience easily, and taking care of the two I have now has been a huge struggle. I'm sure it doesn't help that I have no one available to help me when I need it most, so I was given zoloft.

Lock - I think it's hard in our society to ask for help so I think you should be proud of yourself for doing so. There's no shame. Depression is a part of my life and people I know and it hurts more to not ask for help.
Anyway I digress. You look great. I lack help too especially as family are overseas and dh works 7 days a week. It's not easy.
Big hugs.

Good on you for asking for help, Lock. I hope they kick in soon and you feel like you can handle the remaining few weeks then life with 3 little ones. Please don't feel bad about asking for help, you did the right thing. I only now truly understand how difficult it is not having support around you now that I've moved home. It can be isolating and overwhelming xx

:hugs: Lock, nothing to be ashamed off and I hope they start working for you soon and you feel a bit better.

Agree Spud! Such a shame talking about these things is seen as a bit of a taboo as generally people are so understanding and supportive.

Lock, there's nothing to be ashamed of! I've thought several times that I might need extra help throughout this pregnancy, but I don't feel comfortable enough in my hospital or doctor(s) to say anything. I know exactly how you feel, I only have one and my days are a constant struggle and I don't know why. It's definitely been harder to bond with this baby then my first. I'm hoping though, once he comes I'll feel better about him and the bond will just happen.

Sorry, went off on a tangent of my own. I do hope the antidepressants kick in and you're able to get some balance before she gets here!

lock- that was very brave of you to ask for help! :hugs: I hope you feel better very fast.

where I live they start offering sweeps around 37 weeks. but if you are not dilated at all they won't try. they will wait til your cervix is favorable for it and without any dilation I don't think they can get in there to separate the membrane. I usually start to dilate around 35-36 weeks so it's always up to me if I want them to do one. sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. the birthing center I'm with now is a whole new experience so I have no idea what to expect. if it's offered I would probably be ok with it after christmas just to get the holidays out of the way first just in case lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->