January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hope baby stays where he is for a couple more weeks TTC!

Doctor started checking me last appointment. Just said I was well closed. Next check is monday, fun times :'s

they usually start checking around 35 weeks where I am, but since I'm using a birth center with a mw instead of an ob this time I don't know what to expect. they usually start weekly appts around 34-35 weeks as well, but my last appt was 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping she does check me on saturday at my appt just to see. I'll be 35+6 then and it would be nice to know if all these contractions and plug I'm losing is really meaning something or not.

Like Donna said we don't get checked over here, but they've offered me a sweep at 38 weeks so will be checked then, I'm more worried about the midwife rooting around in my vagina than I am about it being uncomfortable! I'm ok with smear tests as I don't know the person doing it and I'm out the door within 5 mins but I've been seeing this midwife since May :blush: uhhhh so embarrassing.

I don't know when they're going to check for me, I kind of don't want them to do it too early as I find it painful when I'm not actually dilated. I don't think they started until around 37 weeks with my first so I'm assuming that's when they'll want to check.

I made an appointment for the 21st for another growth scan. I do want to know how big he's measuring (although I know they can be totally off!) I just hope they don't try to get me to be induced early because of his size.

I bought a glider/recliner and ottoman today for an excellent price! I'm so excited to start using it!

Having terrible shooting pains, kind of like being stabbed in the crotch tonight. They take my breath away. Any idea what it could be? Don't remember this with my first.

Sounds like lightening crotch TTC, I've been getting it since the beginning of third trimester. Baby's head is probably hitting your cervix.

Enjoy your glider Mushy, DH just set mine up and it is sooooo comfy.

does sound like lightening crotch ttc. so painful!

yay for your chair mushy!!!

Yay for your new chair mushy!

Ah yes, lightning crotch can be quite painful, TTC! I've been getting it for a couple of weeks. I picture her fist or head thumping into my cervix!

I've been feeling off today. I feel a bit jittery and moody. And my bowels are a bit overactive! I saw the OB yesterday and baby is still floating around in the same position so that's a good thing. DH doesn't get here for another 10 days so stay put baby!! I've been having these strong urges to get things done so I've been washing lots of baby clothes and I tried to set up the change table but gave up on that pretty quickly!

Lightning crotch is so painful. It always takes me by surprise when it happens!

Hope you feel better soon Lucy :hugs:

Thanks Bev x haha I'm getting lightning crotch right now!

Morning girls hope ur all ok

Can't believe I'm 36 Weeks today I'm so excited to meet him now. Full term next week wow!

I have the midwife next week Tuesday. Will be usual routine though.
I have the consultant on the 4th January she said I can have a sweep them I'll be 39+4 doubt it will work but hey I'll have it anyway lol.
Well the double pram I'm getting is out of stock til February I'm gutted so now I'm getting a single pram and a buggy board till then and if we go far my oh will push Chad in his pram . X

Happy 36 weeks!

I'm struggling to know what to do with prams too. We have a pram and a stroller but my almost 4 year old refuses to walk anywhere! Not sure how I'm going to get her to walk 30 minutes to nursery every day if baby is in the pram! Might need to look into a buggy board but I have no idea what the type of pram I have is called!

That sucks that your pram is out of stock Donna. Hopefully it comes in early February. Bev, maybe you could put baby in a carrier while he's tiny (will keep him warm too) and you could push Holly? And then if the baby needs to go into the pram you could have Holly walk some of the way? I just got my double and have been using it to get my toddler used to it and for me to get used to pushing it! I have it on the single function but it still feels wide.

I will try a wrap or carrier and see how that goes. A double pushchair would be ideal really but I don't know how much use we would get out of it if she suddenly decides she likes walking!

I was supposed to buy a double stroller this week, but I got a chair instead...oops! We get some money from his parents for Christmas though that we're going to use for it.

Bev you could look into one that can be used as a single or double. If holly decided she wanted to walk you wouldn't have a double stroller lying around.

Hi all :)

Just had my 34 wk midwife appointment.. All
Is good she spent the whole appointment thinking I was 28 weeks even tho I said then measured me 32 and began to say how much over I was measuring!! Turns out I'm 2 weeks smaller! All fine tho next appointment is Xmas eve!!;))

I ordered my buggy board with a seat for my bugaboo bee cost £100!! My 2 year old refuses to
Sit in his pushchair tho so was no point getting a double.

Hope everyone's ok xx

Glad your appointment went well Embeth :)

Sounds like an expensive buggy board but I'm sure it's worth it though when they won't walk!

My nearly three year old doesn't use the buggy much. She won't sit in it ever since 18 months even though I walked with her in the buggy every day for those first 18 months. Im going to get a little push scooter to attach to the buggy for her.

I had a midwife appointment yesterday. I measured spot on. I'm on weekly appointments now.
My baby goes through active stages and then days where she doesn't move. I have been in a number of times to get it checked out and all is fine. I have an anterior placenta too. So baby hadn't moved at all that day and the midwife asked if the usual tricks of cold water/laying on side worked. I told her chocolate made the baby move so she got me a couple of pieces of chocolate. Straight away my tummy was moving lol. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not but she laughed.
I have my final scan next week too.

I hate having an anterior placenta sometimes! I have to make sure
I sit down and rest the TV remove on my belly so I can see it move otherwise I barley feel the movement!

It's worse now I'm not at work as when I was there I was sat down all day so could count movements now I'm walking around doing stuff I don't feel it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->