January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Happy birthday Spud!! Hope you have a great day.

That's exciting Bev...the first baby of the group could be arriving any day now - such an amazing feeling to know we're in the final stretch now.

Got my Group Strep B results back and they're negative.

Just curious, are you ladies given a choice about whether baby is given the antibiotic eye ointment (to prevent blindness caused by std's) at birth? From what I've heard it sounds like it's mandatory in a lot of places. Here we're allowed to refuse but I didn't want to be given grief at the hospital so the midwife gave me a requisition to be tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea so I can wave the negative results at them if they try to argue with me...seemed like a good compromise.

We don't get offered that for babies here in the uk well I never have anyway . X

I dont think we get it in the UK. I've never even heard of it. They just give vitamin K but nothing else

Lucy, my nose has been clogged for the entire 9 months.

Happy Birthday spud!

Herr in the U.S. the eye ointment is always given right after birth. They didn't even bother to ask if we wanted it or not, it's just given. Not sure if it's different at other U.S. hospitals or not.

Painting in the nursery is just about done and with my nesting capabilities I think I can put everything else together in just a few hrs. Way to wait until last minute though.

I feel like I'm getting bh all the time now. They aren't painful at all but I notice my bump get hard, which makes sitting or waking difficult and sometimes it's hard to breathe :/ hope they are doing something in the way of progress

I know you can deny it. I had a homebirth with DS so didn't get it but I have friends who've had babies in hospitals and they informed hospital staff and they didn't get it. My hb midwife asked me last week if I'd opt out if we had to do hospital, and I said yes, so she noted it to remind dh/myself at the time. 6 days left so hoping we don't need that reminder. :)

Thank you for all the birthday wishes.

We don't have the antibiotic eye treatment here in nz either (I've never heard of it before today). We just get vitamin k with the option to opt out of that.

I hope my strep b is negative this time because they can never find the vein to get the iv of antibiotics in. They poke and poke around.

We are a 3 hour drive from the hospital so if things happen so quickly for me to have a home birth then I'd be very happy with that. I keep looking at the mess everywhere though and think that I couldn't give birth in such a messy house. I try to tidy but my dh is terrible. He's a really good guy just very messy. For example, dirty laundry is not put in the laundry bin....they are left wherever he takes those clothes off. If he can't find anything in drawers he pulls everything put and leaves it on the floor. He doesn't put any dishes away at all. Or anything really and it drives me insane. I'm not the tidiest person myself but it would help if he just tidied up after himself.

So the point of that digression is that any baby preparation is all down to me but I'm struggling with just tidying up and looking after an almost three year old. Normally I'd just go with the flow but I think the pregnancy hormones want everything super tidy and organised.

Spudtastic, I know how you feel. My DH is really really great but he is so messy :( like the other day he spilled some chips and stepped on them, said "oops" and walked away. Lol. I usually go with the flow too but having a hard time as the weeks tick by, I need this house super clean for my hb! Can't wait till next Friday because then I'm going crazy with cleaning!

Happy bday spud! I'm crazy about the house being spotless at the moment (I vacuumed very late last night!!) but at the moment my DH and 2 doggies are still away so it's easy to keep clean and tidy. I'm worried about that all changing!! So funny how pregnancy hormones make us so into keeping the house in order.

Oh Bev... You might be the first one to pop!! Exciting!

Too bad a lot of us seem to have the stuffy nose. It's my least favourite late pregnancy symptom I think.

Spudtastic, I know how you feel. My DH is really really great but he is so messy :( like the other day he spilled some chips and stepped on them, said "oops" and walked away. Lol. I usually go with the flow too but having a hard time as the weeks tick by, I need this house super clean for my hb! Can't wait till next Friday because then I'm going crazy with cleaning!

Oh my ttc. I had a good giggle. Our husbands could be related. My dh did something similar with a broken egg the other day.

My husband is the same! I'm not the cleanest person either, but far from slob. But right now, I couldn't be bothered like half the time to clean. My husband doesn't clean anything at all! He's also the type to leave his clothes exactly where he took them off. And for some reason, if he actually brings trash to be thrown away, he'll put it on the counter, right by the trash can. As for actually cleaning anything...haha yeah right! He's an awesome husband otherwise, and the sweetest guy!

Bev that's exciting! I'm ready for baby's to be born!

Happy b day spud!

As for the eye ointment I wasn't even given the option, they just did it. I didn't even know what it was for, but seems silly to be done automatically.

Happy Birthday Spud!

Hope it's the start of something Bev!

I'll.join the always stuffy nose.club too. Just finished DS birthday party. He had so.much fun! :) Now I need to buckle.down and really get everything ready for baby and a bag packed.

Bev- how exciting!!!!

Spudtastic- happy birthday! I'm having tons of pressure too.

Fit- we can refuse it here, but if we don't say anything they will just do it. I always just let them do it in the past. recently I actually asked what it was for and when I found out I thought it was absurd. they do a pap at the beginning of pregnancy and run blood work, so when all that is negative why do they still do the antibiotic?? I'm refusing it this time.

I don't know how you ladies deal with a hubby that is like that!!! I would be so annoyed. I guess you have to pick your battles though. my dh's mom always made them clean up after themselves and taught them to do the dishes and laundry. my dh does all that when needed without even being asked. he will also cook too, so when I have friends who are crazily making and freezing dinners when they have a baby coming I don't even worry about it. he takes over cooking dinner for a month or two after the baby comes and cleans anything I can't get to after he gets home from work. his mom was awesome! and he is an amazing husband in general. I really couldn't have done any better in a dh.

I had my class today and it was good. learned a lot of relaxation stuff. also had my appt so I'm hoping my gbs comes back negative. it always has before. my mw doesn't do cervical checks before labor normally, but she did today. I am 1+cm dilated and 50% effaced already :happydance:

Morning girls
Hope ur all well
I've woken up with what feels like a uti :(
But I've had the feeli
G a few times and never had one this pregnancy so far so really hope I haven't j didn't get up for a wee last night when oh came to bed which is I normally do. So thinking that's maybe why.

We have the vitamin k here I always allow it . .

I've got the midwife on Tuesday. . I won't no if I'm dialted any at all until I have my first sweep which should be the 4th Jan so 3 weeks tomoz! I'm done with being pregnant now it's all aches and pains I feel like I'm so bruised down below like someone has been kicking me lol x

Blessed, my mil never had any of her kids do anything. Ever. She just always did everything for them. All of his siblings are messy. In the three years we've lived together though I've gotten him to change a lot. I try not to press on things too much or quickly.

Hope you don't have a uti donna!

I never thought I would say this, but I am completely over being pregnant. I'm in so much pain all the time. My waddle is pretty impressive! I don't wish him out sooner, I just wish it was time already.

I feel
Fine now so think it was just from holding me wee in half the night lol. My oh cooks and cleans but is messy in some ways .. X

Ugh I got zero sleep last because of bh coming every 10-20 mins. Most painless and just uncomfortable but I did have some painful ones too and more plug loss. I doubt it's the start of something actually I really hope it's not because the nursery is still unfinished and none of my bags are packed. Guess I should pack now.

Now I'm completely exhausted

Hope you don't have to deal with a nasty utility Donna

My hubby has gotten a lot better with cleaning but he used to be the worst. When we first started dating I nearly ran for the hills the first time I saw his house. He had warned me it was a little messy but in reality it looked like a bomb had exploded in there. I was horrified. In his case his parents were so super strict that he rebelled when he moved out and just quit cleaning. He still has his bad habits (hello leaving dirty clothes everywhere) but has gotten a ton better plus he cooks everything and waits on me hand and foot in that regard (preparing and packing my lunch, cutting my apples into slices for me, making my coffee and tea etc.) so I really can't complain.

I'm so sore too. My feet throb all the time, I feel like I got punched in the crotch and even my legs and hips were aching last night. I also have a ridiculous penguin waddle going. Oh well, not long to go now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->