January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Oh exciting you're a getting signs!!;)
Lilly towards the end with my last baby I had days of a constantly hard bump its was really uncomfortable..I couldn't feel where baby was as the whole bump was like a rock! Did go eventually and he was fine!

Morning girls I don't feel well at all today I couldn't sleep last night j was tossing and turning all night and I was boiling hot even tho it's not even hot here and I didn't have the heating on.
I've woke up today and I'm still really hot I've had some toast and feel slightly sick but not to bad just so hot busy day packing today
Good luck chelle hopefully something happens soon X

Blessed- hope things either speed up or slow down for you. It sounds so uncomfortable to have all those contractions and no sleep but no baby yet either. :hugs:

Pita and Donna hope you both feel better soon!

Full term for me today! I've been so crampy this morning. Baby either needs to come by Monday or wait until anytime after Christmas afternoon. Anything else and I will miss Christmas morning with ds and dd and that makes me too sad to even think about. :cry:

im hoping nothing does now as my poor little boy has chicken pox so baby really needs to stay put for a while now bh have completely eased off compared to loluesterday but lily my bump is the same now constantly hard

Really glad I'm not the only one with the hard bump, don't know what I'd do without this message board sometimes :flower: midwives have given me no advice and haven't even gone through my birth plan or labour signs to look out for etc!

Donna - sorry your feeling crap, it is really mild out there! I keep sitting with the door open and you can't even tell it's open as it's so warm.

Athena - Yey for full term! Hope baby hangs in there until after Christmas.

Chelle - Hope your little boy is better soon. According to the front page of this thread we are due date buddies! (Jan 9th) :thumbup: which terrifies me as you have so many symtoms haha! I haven't even dropped yet I don't think.

haha lily i dont think hes coming for a while after yesterday's drama apparantly you can be engaged for weeks with 2nd babies haha strangely at the start of this year my clairvoyant told me jan 11th would be a significant date !!!!!!

Might have a bit longer to wait in that case Chelle! :)

How are we all doing today? I've been having lower back ache on off all day, started this morning at 5am. Keep having the odd cramps around my lower abdomen too.

Kind of hoping it's just general aches and not the start of labour as I'm finding the cramps painful enough as it is, don't know how I'm going to cope with real contractions! I've just had to take some paracetamol for the pain, if I wasn't full term I'd have called the hospital already. I'm such a baby when it comes to pain!

How are you all doing?

Nothing going on here! Just a few BH today and *really* tired. My hips were aching pretty bad last night, kept waking up every 30 minutes or so. They kind of go numb, it's weird. Watching a Christmas movie with DS to relax. See my midwife tomorrow - she texted me excited that we made it past 37 weeks. DS was born at 38 so we shall see... maybe he will surprise us and stay in until his EDD.

Nothing much going on here either! Just very tired and achy. I know what you mean Lilly, sometimes I will have painful cramps or BH and worry how on earth I am going to cope in labour!

How long do they usually last for? I've had an hour of constant backache and I'm literally sat here rocking back and forth and groaning. I'm so angry the midwife has not spoken to me about labour signs or what to do when I'm in labour like when to call the hospital, I just do not have a clue what to do:growlmad:

so exhausted today. was up til 3am with horrible contractions and then felt so nauseous I had to take some of my morning sickness medicine. I finally took something to help me sleep and crashed. the hours upon hours of being awake in pain at night is really wearing me down. think I'm gonna start some things to move it along. epo, rlt, birthing ball, not even sure what else. nothing drastic, but it's time to get something going. I can't keep managing on only a couple hours sleep a night.

Blessed- hope you manage to get some good sleep before things really get going for you.

Lilly- my Dr says to call if water breaks or contractions are painful and coming 5 min apart for at least an hour. Also to rule out false labor drink lots of water and change position if BH seem to be getting regular or try a warm shower. This will usually make BH stop but actual contractions won't taper off and usually get stronger if you get up and move around.

Just had my last appt before c-section. All was good but I was getting worried last night. I haven't had BH in my other pregnancies but for 3hrs last night they were coming frequently and were getting uncomfortable. I'm scared of going into labor because I'm afraid of uterine rupture etc. They finally tapered off after I got the kids to bed but I panicked and packed my bag thinking I was going to have to call. Just nervous now as still crampy in my lower back today with pelvic pressure for the first time. Good grief I wish I didn't have this section scar. I have no idea how long or short my labor might be and I'm freaked out about it taking to long for the sitter to get here and then me to the hospital 30mins away.. :dohh: It would be very dangerous for baby to be born outside of a hospital.

Sorry for the long post. Last night really wound me up. :blush: I don't know how you ladies that have had signs for a week or more are handling it so well. This is nerve wracking and much more stressful than going on a schedule.

Athena - It's just a constant pain in my lower back, so not like BH or contractions coming and going it's all the time. Sorry last night was so stressful for you :hugs:

Blessed - hopefully things start for you soon, must be awful to be in limbo for so long.

Blessed I hope things start moving along for you, 2 hours of sleep per night (in addition to all your other symptoms!) doesn't sound like fun at all.

Athena hope you don't have any more Braxton hicks scares before your c-section. I'm guessing they need to assess Baby's kidney as soon as he is born?

Nothing happening for me aside from the clearing out. Today has been a good day so far - I went to Ikea and managed to find everything on my list, and the swelling in my feet went down enough that I was able to wear my own shoes instead of DH's!!

Hi all,

Not a lot going on for me getting more uncomfortable by the sat tho and still a while to go!
Lily if the pain doesn't subside or gets worse it may be worth u calling.. Sometimes back labour where the baby is back to back can be a constant pain xx

Been ice skating this evening, although I sat with my toddler and watched my dh and my sisters took my older two! Great fun to watch and laugh tho!!;)

I have midwife Thursday then a week from that I'll finally be full Term!!yay!!

Still in pain so will call L&D at 11pm as it will be 4 hours since pain started, also had watery gushes and had to change my underwear 3 times, I had sex with DH before the pain started so don't know whether the watery cm is related to that or it's my waters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->