January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Glad everything was ok Lilly, it's always best to be on the safe side :)

glad everything is alright Lily

not sure what is causing it, but every time I eat or drink something I have to run to the bathroom :X it's embarrassing, and really unpleasant. The end of pregnancy is definitely awful.

But besides that, only 13 days until my EDD, that's less than 2 weeks! Crazy!

I have looked at spinning babies a few times before. I tried everything suggested in my last pregnancy with DS and he was so stubborn he never turned, and thus I ended up in a very long and drawn out labor. I tried sleeping on my left side only last night. I think it may have helped, but every time I poke at my bump to try and feel where her butt is currently located, I get a BH, which I find strange. Do you think that could be normal? Guess I'll try getting down on all 4s to try and encourage her to go more towards the middle than the sides.

Been getting loads and loads of pressure, so I know she's engaged.

Lock, I'm having the same bathroom issue.

Saw my midwife today and baby is in perfect position :) he was back to back last week! Measuring at 37 weeks. Everything is doing okay, now just waiting on the big day really! Lots of lower back ache. Last night I had bad period cramping and lower back burning... no plug or CM or anything going on though. Some BH here and there.

lock- I hope baby turns. mine was in the same position and the spinning babies stuff got him to turn last night. there is a way to dislodge them on there and then positions to get them in a better position. even if it didn't work with another baby it may this time. :hugs:

lilly- I'm glad baby is ok. I was so excited thinking it was your waters!!!

had my mw appt today. she checked me and I am now 3cm dilated and 60% effaced :happydance: she stripped my membranes too so hopefully not much longer. I've been feeling nauseous and crampy since we left. also been spotting and losing lots of plug.

after only getting 45 minutes of sleep last night I'm so over it!!!

I'm so over it too. I'm grumpy, hormonal, fat, tired, achy and had a little pity party just now. Don't get me wrong....anything for my little girl but I bawled my eyes out when Bubba died on Forrester Gump last night and I've seen the film heaps.

I find out if I'm gbs+ or -ve tomorrow. I was positive last pregnancy but last week by midwife said I was actually -ve at the start of this pregnancy. I had a swab done to test for thrush and they did strep b at the same time. So I'm feeling hopeful. I just want to be able to be in a birthing pool without being attached to a drip or if I have a home birth or in the car on the way to hospital I don't need to worry about it.

Just had an appointment, baby is measuring approx 8 lbs which is no big deal to me! I'm 2.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced!

spud- I hope it's not much longer for you. and that you are negative! they informed me today I'm negative, but they didn't call at the beginning of last week so I figured I was - already.

mushy- sounds fabulous! :)

Wow Mushy and Blessed you're both so dilated!! :) some of the hard work is already done!

Spud, argh the hormones. It's funny how some things set us off that don't normally. Hope they've settled down for you today.

Lock and TTC sounds like you're having some good signs!

Bev, I thought you might have popped by now! :)

I saw my OB for the last time bedorr the section on Tuesday. Baby is always in the same position, with the back poking out on my right side looking out to the side. My son never engaged either - he thinks it's because I have a rather small pelvis. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing! She'll hopefully still be floating around when he scoops her out next week!

How's everyone feeling about Christmas and being so pregnant? We have quite a bit of driving to do and I'm not really nervous about going into labour however I am annoyed I'll be sitting in the car feeling uncomfortable. I'm currently getting s few highlights put in my hair. Soooo needed! I feel pretty gross at the moment so need a bit of pampering. Also haven't quite finished my Christmas shopping... Eek!

that's excellent news Mushy and Blessed!

So have any of you ladies thought about or started freezer meals? Personally I think they are brilliant for post baby meals since there is so much chaos with newborns and such during that first month.

DH and I went shopping last night for a ton of groceries after I found recipes online and made a list. Most of the recipes are crock pot recipes, so I just put the meat, veg, and spice into a gallon size freezer bag, write instructions, and then pop in the freezer, then all I have to do is dump into the crock pot at a later date.

Tonight I made about 4 dozen meatballs, and froze 3 dozen of them.

Lucy, luckily I have no where to go, but that also means everyone is coming here, and I have to host, cater, and clean up after everyone, which is probably far worse :wacko: I do NOT want to do it, but all my family lives 6 hrs away and we will not be going that far with me being so close to my EDD, so they are coming here instead. But when I traveled during Thanksgiving, I brought a small pillow that I put behind my back, and it seemed to help with the discomfort of being in a car for an extended period.

That's great news Mushy!

No signs at all here, feel like I'm going to go overdue at this rate!

Great news mushy and blessed not long now.
So we spent our first night in the new house last night .. There is still a lot to do we've got to decorate etc but going to Unpack rest of boxes today and get ready for Xmas
I was in Asda last night and got rest of Xmas prezzies and Cruz a cute little hat
15 days to due date not even lost any plug lol I'm not ready for him yet tho x

Glad you're in your new house Donna :)

I keep checking our group thinking there might be some baby news.. We need the first one to make an appearance!

I keep checking like a mad woman too! Ooh babies, where are you?!

Yay for the first night in your new house donna! That was such a fast move I would have lost my mind! I hope everything settles quickly for you.

I am in so much pain, I kind of hope it's not long now. Although I know that I could go on being this dilated or more for weeks. I've been dtd with dh every night this week to try to move things along. He's been quite happy with it!

Lucy, I am okay with being so pregnant around Christmas but I wish I hadn't offered to do Christmas morning at my house and a Christmas party with my mom's side the Sunday after Christmas. A part of me is hoping to go into labor before that Sunday to get out of it haha!

Lock, I would love to do freezer meals but I have a tiny freezer. I'm hoping my husband's family will step up and help a bunch.

Glad you're all in now Donna hope u can get all settled for Xmas xx

Mushy sounds like you don't have long to go now ;)

Does anyone else find the baby's movement quite uncomfortable at times?? I was walking round tesco last night and she was moving a lot it just feels like she's huge in there now!im worried about how big she is going to be..

Here's my bump pic today.. Got on the scales this morning, won't be again! Put on 2 stone now :( have so much back fat!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 7
Sounds like it won't be too long Mushy!

Great bump Embeth, looks like it's dropped!

Embeth, you've got such a neat little bump!

Hmm that's a lot of hosting Mushy. Hope you go into labour before the Sunday Christmas party!

Lock im so bad with freezer meals. I did that last time and I don't think we ended up eating much of it. Im not an excellent cook so it just didn't look all that inviting. Thinking there will be lots of pasta and take away for us!

It often looks low in the morning bev then by later I feel like I have a hippo under my ribs!!

I'm with u on the freezer meals Lucy.. Im not a great cook and never feel like eating meals when I prepare and freeze them. We ll be doing a lot of
Take always and microwave meals for the first couple of weeks I think! Xx

im too lazy for freezer meals lol
i always forget to take stuff out of the freezer
anyway let alone with a crazed 2 year old and a newbie
lol.
im so jealous of u ladies being dialated already im fed up now think the next few weeks are very emotional ones for me anyway as it would have been my dads birthday xmas eve then my grandads anniversary 26th of dec then my dads anniversary 10th of jan and my nans the 22nd of jan and being heavily pregnant and hormonal is not helping at all !!!! :(:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->