January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hey ladies.
Am I being unrealistic? I have a 3 hour drive to the hospital and I told dh that from boxing day he can only drink two beers in the evening. I'm feeling a bit guilty about it but if it was him birthing a baby I wouldn't be having any. Tonight is the test night. We'll see if he sticks to two beers. He was absolutely drunk yesterday and the day before.

How much beer/alcohol do your oh 's drink in the evening? I'd be really interested to know if they are abstaining or not.
I don't have anyone else who can drive me to hospital either. I'm 37w5days.

You're not being unrealistic at all. That's very sensible especially as you're so near the end and have a long drive to the hospital.
My DH doesn't drink anyway so it's not an issue but I know if he did he would be abstaining from drinking for now!

Not unrealistic at all Spud. I told DH several weeks back that I don't want him drinking anymore until after Baby is here because who knows when he'll need to drive me to the hospital.

Once in a rare while he asks if I mind if he has one beer and tonight he had 3, but I didn't mind because it is Xmas and we were with family, including his brother's wife who doesn't drink and could have driven us if I suddenly went into labor.

My DH likes his beer but can't really complain about not drinking for a couple of weeks when I haven't had a drink since April - hopefully your DH will understand why he needs to take a break from the beer, especially when your hospital is so far away and there is no one else to drive you.

I don't think you're being unreasonable, my DH will have 2 beers maximum but has mostly been drinking alcohol free beers since the 18th Dec just in case.

Like others have said, you're not being unreasonable at all Spud. My DH doesn't ever drink, but I certainly wouldn't want him under the influence when he's supposed to be driving me to the hospital.

Well I was just woken up by mild contractions. We'll see if this goes anywhere

Only 3 sleeps till my c section and now im feeling like I want to leave it another week... Now that Christmas is over I am happy enjoying this time knowing I'll get a full nights sleep and can relax in the bath and not worry about a newborn. Hope this feeling changes! I want to feel super excited about meeting our baby but I guess I know the hard work that lies ahead. Heather, I remember you saying you find the newborn phase hard too? Anyone else super nervous about sleep deprivation and the post partum crazy hormone dip? On a happier note, my house is spotless again! Im obsessed with the smell of cleaning products! Haha!

Thanks ladies. It's good to know that other dhs abstain from drinking. My oh is a good guy but he definitely has a drinking issue. His family is even worse as his brother is a full blown alcoholic (luckily lives far away) and his parents drink every day too.
I have told him if he can't drive me to the hospital there will be a divorce. It really annoys me that he can't just give up drinking for a few weeks.

Oh the newborn stage - my dd is amazing but she has been the worst sleeper. I figure she's at the extreme end of the sleeping scale I surely can't get that twice. She woke up every hour after she last went to sleep for the first nine months then every two hours until she was 18 months. I did it all by myself too - not one get up or sleep in from dh.
But I do remember being do happy not to be pregnant any more and on a high from giving birth for a few weeks. It was such a good feeling.

Lock - fingers crossed this is it.

Spud I also agree that you're not being unreasonable. He is if he can't commit to only drinking 2 max a night. My husband doesn't drink, but he does have a medical Marijuana prescription for severe anxiety and he's stopped using that until the baby is born.

Blessed has been quiet! Hope we get some baby news soon!

I've been woken up at 5 am this morning by my dog throwing up on my bed. I've actually had a great nights sleep and I'm completely unable to fall back to sleep!

Mushy - I hope you get back to sleep. Dd just woke up and now I'm wide awake too.

I thought two beers was being reasonable. He managed two beers last night but I had to growl at him. I think if we have issues then something really needs to change. I don't want my daughters growing up in a house where drinking every day is the norm.

Then on a mil note.....we had friends staying on Xmas day. My inlaws came round too. I was having a quick lay down on the sofa due to lots of rib pain and I overheard my mil whinge about dh and I to the wife of dhs good friend. It wasnt anything nasty but didn't portray us in a good light. I was shocked. I'm not an unpleasant /lazy person so I don't know where it came from. But then my mil is a drama queen. So I'm grumpy about that too. Our friend said she tried to change the conversation but she just went on and on.

Sorry for all the whinging ladies. I just wish I lived close to my family especially at this time of year.

Spud 2 beers sounds very fair. My OH will have 1 or 3 every couple days. That doesn't affect him much though, a light beer at dinner and maybe one at 8, he can still drive for sure.

I don't feel rushef for baby to come yet, but I also can't sleep anymore. Cramps wake me up, I pee 3 times a night, my nose is stuffed... I miss the second trimester!

Hi girls,

Spud my dh doesn't really drink but if he did I would definitely expect him to be having just a couple by this stage, that's not unreasonable at all!!

Lock fingers crossed this might be it for u!

Lucy.. I love a clean house!! I try to keep mine clean but it's such hard work with the 3 boys and a Labrador that sheds hair constantly! I'm so jealous u get to meet your baby soon... I dread the sleep deprivation and the hormone dip too.. You ll be fine tho, I find just getting back into my daily routine helps, school runs etc.

I was having cramps yesterday and what I think is heavy discharge/plug, i know labour is weeks away for me yet but I'm hoping these are positive signs my body is preparing.. Done lots of Christmas present sorting and tidying today, enjoying a cuppa and rest now then we're going to take the kids out for a curry a bit later xxx

All having mildly painful contractions on and off. At least 2 every be with lots of bh and more plug loss. Don't want to jinx it by thinking this is it though haha but maybe it's the start of something

Spud you are being very fair!!

Good luck Lock!

So today I'm officially the most pregnant I've ever been :haha: I was really hoping LO would come at 38 weeks like DS1. Hoping I at least don't go OVER due... getting anxious... though no signs today :( all my cramping ended yesterday evening and I've had only a few BH here and there.

hello ladies
hope you all had a fantastic christmas im just so bloody tired now haha !!!

spud my hubby also has a drink most nights 3small cans which is a pint and half although its never whilst ds1 is awake which i think is fair i like a glass of wine or a vodka red bull most nights when im not pregnanat too !!! oops lol

well no signs of impending labour here i think my clairvoyant will be right with her dates lol

Fingers crossed Lock! :dust:

I think our partners are doing very well to be cutting out/limiting alcohol over the festive period, esp as we could be another few weeks before we go into labour, it would be easy to think 'oh it won't be tonight' and to have a lot to drink. I'm really suprised DH isn't moaning more about it, our wine cooler is full of soda water! :haha:

I get the feeling blessed us with her baby..! Hope so!!

Im looking forward to having a glass of wine at night again...:)

Haven't heard from Donna either?? Labour watch is fun!

Embeth, I agree with you about getting back into a routine when the baby is born. Well as much as possible! It's summer holidays here though so most people are down at the beach having fun! We'll be going down to my parents beach house (only an hour away) with the baby a bit. Figure may as well still enjoy summer even with my red eyes! Haha

Still here and no baby lol pregnancy really knows how to tease, but maybe it's a a good step in the right direction and a sign of good things to come soon!

Thinking about having a glass of wine when labor actually does take place to see if it helps a bit :haha:

Still no sign of blessed? Hmm, hope she's snuggling a newborn :)

Hope things keep moving in the right direction for you, Lock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->