January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I've heard a glass of red wine and a warm bath is meant to start labour, might try that if I go overdue, I'm not try anything to get baby out (pineapple, spicy curry etc) apart from bouncing on my ball.

Think I'm going to decline the sweep on 30th, I'm getting scared the closer my due date gets!

Lock, hope the contractions are moving baby down. Mine has been in a similar position to yours (kind of sideways?) the whole time!

Glass of red and a bath sounds great Lilly! :) cervical checks really hurt me so I think I'd decline a sweep too. Eek!

blessed, donna, did you have babies? :)

Just a reminder! If you haven't been added to our private FB group send me a private message with youe e-mail address so I can add you!

Lucky - are you in Oz? I'm in nz and it's hot hot hot.

Thank you ladies for being supportive about the beers. Dh had two last night (but big ones - 500ml bottles). It's now 4pm and we just had an unpleasant conversation. We have friends with us and also friends coming around for a bbq later (I hope I don't have to do too much. It's so hot). Dh finished work and had one beer so as it's four pm only I said (and maybe I shouldn't have said and just waited until he actually reached for a third beer but we were alone for a moment and I can tell when he's planning on having a few) 'two beers remember'. Dh then put forth an argument that he could drink a beer an hour. He wouldn't get drunk as his body can process a beer an hour.
I'm torn between wanting to see him have a good time. I hate being the party pooper, especially as he works 6.5days per week and this is the most busy and stressful week of the year. But then I feel like beer is more important than me and our unborn child. I was quite grumpy and said that if he couldn't not drink for a few weeks for me then he seriously has alcohol issues.
He wasn't happy. Aggghhh. I feel like he doesn't respect me to not drink.

Yep, I'm in Melbourne. It was soooo hot but a lovely cool change has come and now it's 19 and we had some rain :) it's hard with the beer situation. I do understand what he's saying in regards to having a beer an hour. I'd be ok with that but it's whatever you're comfortable with. Especially being summer and party season! It's hard in general with husbands and pregnancy, we have 9 (plus!) months to bond with the baby but for them I guess it's difficult to bond until it's born. Don't worry too much, things will change in terms of his priorities after he meets your baby.

I think I might be having contractions. I thought it was baby moving, but it seems to be consistent and getting slightly painful. Trying not to get my hopes up! But I would definitely welcome him tonight in order to get out of a Christmas party tomorrow!

Good luck mushy nope I'm still here :)

Got the midwife Tuesday will just be a usual appointment tho then I have my consultant a week tomorrow I think she said she will do me a sweep and maybe book my induction
My eyes are stinging since the move its been Chad waking up early where as before was CJ lol x they have there own rooms now
I still don't feel ready to have another baby I'm terrified I'm excited and want to meet him but so scared X

Oh mushy! That would be such good timing! Come on baby!!

You've had such a big week Donna! Hope you can sit down and put your feet up for a bit before baby comes. Im terrified too! I'd be happy to be pregnant for a few more weeks yet, only 2 sleeps and one day for me left. Eek.

Good luck Mushy!

I feel the same Donna, I'm so nervous! :hugs:

Same with me mushy. It's so frustrating!

For the past 2 night I've not been sleeping well at all. Between painful contractions that keep waking me up and my dhs snoring I'm exhausted. I'm ready for labor to start and for her to come but I am nervous about the pain and how I will cope

Me too. I'm so nervous about the pain. Im still thinking about getting an epidural as soon as I get to hospital.

Sorry to hear those contractions died down mushy.

It's the 28th here. Had visitors since 24th. They are the best visitors but I'm ready for some quiet time now.

Plus I don't know how to go forward with my dh. His one drink an hour yesterday was 6 big beers and two whiskeys. Guess I'll work it out but I'm pretty upset. Sorry to go on about it. Overall we have a good relationship. I just don't have any one else around to chat about it with at the moment.

It's alright spud, feel free to go on about it as much as you need. It's a stressful situation for sure, and I agree with the others that if he cannot adhere to a request that should be simple for most people, then there are some underlying issues there.

Personally if it were me I'd be a jerk about it. My DH had some drinking issues before our first was due, he was military then and dragging me to house parties every night, playing drinking games and such, I put my foot down and told him to stop drinking by 37 weeks. Well he didn't, so the night I went into labor I told him he better stop drinking now or he was not going to drive me to the hospital, because I didn't want to ride in the car with someone who was under the influence, and if he had had even a little bit, not only would I find someone else to drive me, but he would not be allowed in the room as I was giving birth to our DD, and I would tell the nurses to not let him round until we were ready to leave the hospital. Sounds cruel, but I certainly was not going to put up with a husband who drinks excessively, especially now that we had children. And if he didn't stop, he needed to seek help immediately, or go cold turkey, or I would take our daughter and leave him without a second thought. Seemed to work, because he hasn't had more than 2 or 3 drinks in a night since on the days he decides to have a drink, which is pretty rare these days.

Thanks Lock - that's some serious drinking on behalf of your husband. Well done for putting your foot down. And what a great result from your husband too.

I think sometimes dh doesn't hear what I'm actually saying because I'm too nice about it. Plus with his parents his dad has always ignored his mums opinions and done whatever he wanted.
I also don't want my children growing up with drinking until you pass out on the sofa is the norm.

Sorry about the drink situation with your DH spud. It must be frustrating for you when he said he would have one drink and then had a lot more :(

I too will be getting an epidural as soon as I get to the hospital if last time is anything to go by! :haha:

Bev - epidurals are a great invention. It actually helped my birth last time.

Lock - I really appreciate you sharing.

It's 7.45am and dd is still asleep. It's incredible. (Lot's of busy days and late nights though with our visitors kids).

Sorry your contractions didn't turn into labor Mushy - with the exception of Lucy I'm starting to think we're all having 2016 babies! Which is when we're due anyway, but it just seems weird that there aren't any babies yet. There has been 1 born in the January rainbows group and that's it.

I splurged and finally got myself a diaper bag, a Petunia Pickle boxy bottom, on sale from a store in Montreal.

Spud sorry your husband is still drinking too much, I think (know) I would he acting like a total jerk about it like Lock said! DH got drunk 2 nights in a row when I was 33 weeks and I lost it on him in a hormonal rage - since then he's stuck to a maximum of 1-2 beers per night and most nights doesn't drink at all. Last night he had 1 beer while watching the hockey game and then went back to water.

I've also flipped out about DH's messes/clutter so he's been deep cleaning and throwing things out like crazy. Messiness and excessive drinking are two things I am not willing to tolerate with a child and thankfully DH is understanding about this.

Spud has your husband told you how he plans to get you to the hospital?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->