January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

My midwife suggested evening primrose too but I totally forgot to pick some up!! I see my midwife soon, curious if she will do an internal or not. I am having some lower period like cramping, but that's all. I've also been a bit "clogged" up so don't know if the cramping is just that.

I have dome evening primrose oil lying around... tempted to take some but it wouldn't be with the blessubg of my doctors. They really don't believe in any of those natural things. I've been taking RLT and feel bad about that too as it's writen on the package that I should discuss it with my healthcare provider.

Frustrated I'm using 2 capsules per night. :) Did it help you get things started with your last pregnancy?

Danna I didn't want to start using anything before 39 weeks just in case because they say it's best for babies to cook until then if possible. Although he seems completely uninterested in coming out so I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. :haha:

Fit Mama - no it didn't make any difference. I used it last time as I heard that it helped to make everything a bit more stretchy and less likely to rip. Last time my waters broke 17 days after my EDD based on my 12 week scan and 13 days late based on my IVF due date. I tried raspberry leaf tea, clary sage oil (I was literally doused in the stuff although it is meant to be really potent), hot curry, long hilly walks, bouncing on my ball and daily sex. I also had four sweeps (every other day from 7 days after my IVF date). I basically tried everything aside from castor oil which I bought but didn't have the nerve to drink (thank goodness as there was thick meconium in my waters and I would have blamed the oil, and myself, if I had drunk it) I think that if the baby isn't ready then nothing apart from being induced will get labour started. I had a scan when I was 7 days over which suggested the baby was over 9lbs at that stage but when he was born a week later he was only 8lbs 2. They put a lot of pressure in you to induce here, but all of my friends and I resisted induction until it was really necessary which for me when the thick meconium was found which they claimed was a sign that the baby was in distress.

Saw my midwife today and I am 3-4cm about 80% effaced and baby is at 0 station. She mentioned she has another home birth patient who will most likely go tonight, so a little freaked out as if I went into labour I'd have to get her backup. :( Hoping I won't (and hoping I do at the same time lol)... she doesn't think I'll make it to my due date, so hoping at least another day or two.

She wanted me to stop RRLT for a few days to see if it changes things up. She said sometimes it can have opposite effect.

Had the midwife today he's still back to back is 3/5ths engaged this time was 4/5ths last time ..
Don't see her til 40+5 now I'll get a sweep them if he still isn't here
I haven't even lost any plug lol
I have the consultant Monday she should be doing a sweep and maybe booking induction X

Might be a stupid question, but what's the difference between ~/5ths engaged vs. the station a baby is in?

With my first home birth my midwife didn't do any checks at all, even during labour so a lot of this is new to me. :)

Donna - was she reporting how much of the baby's head was engaged (i.e. in the pelvis) or how much of it was palpable (i.e. outside the pelvis). If the later then it makes sense as it goes 5/5th (free floating), 4/5th (a little bit in, but mainly out), 3/5th, 2/5th 1/5th etc.

Zero station, is, I think, fully engaged i.e. 5/5th engaged or 0/5th palpable.

Angelo is here! He's a tiny little guy. :) 6lbs 2oz and 18 1/2 inches long. Is picking up BF like a pro. Much better at it initially than his brother or sister were. :thumbup:

image.jpg

Yeh I think it was the later as in what's palpable :) both my boys never fully engaged until labour think it's cause there always back to back lol x

Aww, he is gorgeous Athena! A perfect little package :) Congratulations to you and your family!

Congratulations Athena Angelo is such a gorgeous little guy. <3 Glad he's such a pro at bfing already. He makes me so excited to meet my little man!

Thanks for the info Frustrated, I'm starting to get worried that nothing will work for me either and that I will need to be induced. Because of the stillbirths in my family I'm not comfortable going all the way to 42 weeks so it would be sometime during week 41.

I'm going to be very busy with sweeps, stress tests and ultrasounds starting next week...

Is anyone else not sleeping? I wake every half hour and then just lie there, blah.

Fit Mama - from memory, the general population risk of stillbirth was 1 in 2000 up to 42 weeks and then 1 in 500 after 42 weeks. For that reason we took the decision to induce at 42 weeks last time, although my waters went at 41+6 so the day before I was due to be induced. Because of the meconium the advice was that I was induced in any event. I think we will do the same this time around, although 42 weeks falls on our first wedding anniversary and being induced is not really the way I want to spend my first anniversary, which means our cut off would be 16th Jan.

Congrats Athena! Gorgeous little one! Excited for these babies to keep coming :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->