January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

oh I hope it's not much longer for you ladies that are hoping it's soon!

I usually don't go this far, but I'm not uncomfortable with the pregnancy so it's not bad. since I've gotten this hemhorroid to deal with I'm hoping it's not too soon.

Okay, I'm gonna have a nice long gripe.

My in-laws are very nice people, I like them. But I'm irritated right now.

My mother-in-law was dismayed when we told them we weren't finding out baby's gender because she wanted to shop for baby. She insisted that she wanted to buy "whatever you need!" It's their first grandchild, but since I already have a child, I already had everything we need, except for an infant carseat. MIL was like "Dibs on buying the carseat!" That was several months ago. We talked about what kind of carseat I would like, but she ignored my preferences and decided to buy an All-in-one type. I told my husband "That's not what I want. We have 2 of those that the baby can move up into. I want an infant car seat that detaches from the base. It's gonna be wintertime, no way am I putting my tiny baby in a freezing carseat." and he relayed that message.

We went to Christmas at their place, and I was thinking we might get the carseat then, but no. The next day we went to Walmart because MIL wanted me to show her what type I wanted, so I did, thinking that she would buy the carseat then and there, but no. She was like "Oh, okay, now I know what to look for" and we left empty-handed :wacko:

A couple days ago MIL sends my husband pictures of a travel system she's thinking of getting. Great, it has an infant carseat, the kind I want, but it comes with a stroller.

We have 2 strollers, don't need another stroller, and have no place to put one. My in-laws are the type who are always giving us things: things they no longer use, or they found in storage, or they bought at a yard sale or on clearance. Not things we ask for, just random things. We live in a tiny house and half our possessions reside in storage, we don't have room for more! So I tell husband "Okay, if that's the one she wants to get, fine, but she's keeping the stroller."

Then today my husband tells me that now they can't afford to buy us a carseat! :dohh: I told my husband it was no big deal, we'll just buy one ourselves. But truthfully, I'm irritated. In my mind, when you say you'll do something, you do it! I know it's not that big of a deal, especially since we can afford to get it, but it's rude. Anyways, that's my vent for the day :haha:

Fit_Mama - With my first pregnancy I had my first sweep at 40+7. At that point my cervix was posterior (pointing backwards) and closed. I don't think it's unusual for it to be like that so don't be disheartened if you haven't dilated at all yet. It took me fours sweeps to get to the stage I'm already at now with none last time round.

so sorry pita! I kinda know how that goes, although I don't have to deal with it a lot. my mil is very sweet and well intentioned but she flakes on things ALL the time. she is always saying she will come to visit (she lives many states away) and then doesn't. she is always saying she bought stuff for the kids, but she doesn't send it until years AND I MEAN YEARS later so it doesn't even fit them. she called recently and said she would be visiting when the baby comes, which I already know is probably bs since she says that every time, but it's still frustrating to not know if we need to actually make room at the time she says she is coming or not. and then called to say she bought christmas presents for the kids, but she can't afford to send them. when we say we will pay to have them sent so she doesn't need to worry about it, it becomes that the items are actually on back order. soooo, ok. it's just always something and can be very annoying. DH is used to it and says she has been that way all his life. I never tell the kids she is coming to visit when she says she is or that she is sending them something so they don't get let down. it's really frustrating when she tells me not to buy something since she is buying and sending it so I wait til the last minute and have to purchase it ourselves. so in that respect I know just what you're going through! :hugs:

Fit - it's so frustrating when other people go earlier. These last week's can feel like forever.
My friend has a funny story about her bosses two daughters (they all work together). Both were due with boys two weeks apart and they were the first grandchildren for their mum (my friends boss). The one due first kept going on about giving their mum the first grandchild and the first grandson. Turns out the one due second went three weeks early so was first and the one due first went two weeks over.

Pita - that is very frustrating especially as you want the car seat to be ready. My mil is similar too. She asked dh what we would like as a present for dd. Dh (without asking me) said please buy lots of nappies. Well that never happened and there were no other presents for dd. I don't mind at all. Having a baby is not about getting presents but not even a cute outfit from grandma is pretty unusual. They buy some toys but for their house when dd goes round to play.

I really hate to say it but I've been feeling really good for a few days. I wake up in the morning and panic because I think 'oh my I should be pregnant'. It worries me truly.

Hi girls,

Hope everyone's ok.. Must be some more babies about to pop soon!

I have had cramps and tightenings all afternoon.. Been really uncomfortable. Some quite painful ones radiating into my thighs! With this being number 4 and never having an early baby before I really don't think they will lead to anything soon but things definitely feel they re happening down there! Keep feeling like need the toilet too just uncomfortable hopefully a good nights sleep may help.

Xxx

Have just realised that we haven't heard anything from LilyFleur since she was about to leave the hospital two days ago. I wonder if she's had the baby?

Am currently lying in a bath with some clary sage oil in. I forgot how much I dislike the smell of it. I doubt it will do anything - I smothered myself in the stuff last time and it didn't have any affect aside from making me stink! Will try inserting some EPO tablets too tonight.

I was thinking that about lilly too.. Hope all is ok and she has her baby now!

I went into labour the night I tried clary safe with my last baby! Could have been coincidence though..hated the smell too!

I'm still getting on/off cramps going to attempt to sleep, don't think they re leading to anything so hoping they ll have eased by morning x

I've finally settled at home with my 2 other LO's. So happy to be home again! DD is so thrilled to have her sister home. I'm loving all these newborn cuddles, and she snorts when she cries, which I think is the most adorable thing!

Enjoy some baby pics ladies, and hope to hear more news from the rest of the group soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone's babies :flower:
https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/995311_10201419980698064_3187812373845880593_n%201_zpsujqxjplg.jpghttps://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/156263_10204540026934855_7458496580284263752_n_zpsc7snbnxu.jpghttps://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/1511436_10201419981058073_6256797711305032764_n_zpsdj1lzesl.jpghttps://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/10599136_10201417433474385_4496602736728111171_n_zpsdco3wjvl.jpg

She is adorable lock.. Congratulations enjoy her ❤️ Xx

I think claire looks just like you, Lock :)

Embeth, maybe you'll have an early baby? If not hope the cramps are doing something!

I can't believe you haven't had your baby boy yet Bev!!

Blessed, I thought you would have had yours by now, just shows how every pregnancy is different! Hope the hemeroid goes away. I think I had one the 2 days before I went into labour, it bulged out and I felt like when I went to the toilet it would pop out of the bottom! It was completely gone when she was born and I didn't notice it during contractions. But I'm not sure how pushing would go!

Donna, how are you settling into your new place?

Hope the stinky bath works frustrated!

Pita - I hate clutter so getting unwanted things would drive me crazy!

Im still only pumping while I wait for my nipples to heal. Annabel only woke at 11 and 3 last night, hope it stays that way! Like you, Lock, loving the newborn cuddles!

I don't get caught up in all the hype with when other people I know's babies are born. I guess I just see it like they all have their own journey and each one is special no matter when they come. it hasn't ever really bothered me :)

lock- she is completely gorgeous!!! :cloud9:

frustrated- I used clary sage in baths and on a rag last pregnancy and did nothing for me. boo. hope it helps you!

embeth- I hope it turns out to be something!

lucy- I really wanted to make it to january, but then when I had all the prodromal labor I decided as long as he made it to 37 weeks I would be happy. I think when I got him facing the right way is when the prodromal labor kind of eased off. now I'm having contractions off and on but I know I'm stalling it out from my panic over this stupid hemhorroid! it actually started getting better today so hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone or much better at least! and then after it's gone he can come when he wants lol. I'm sure I'll start back on epo and rrlt as soon as it's better. :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, it's nice to have a place to vent lol :hugs:

Pretty baby, Lock!

Pita, I don't blame you for getting upset, it's pretty frustrating to be expecting something then have it taken away. Feel free to rant away!

if any of you ladies are interested in reading, here's the birth story in full detail

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...pidural-birth-story-midwife.html#post36721934

Morning girls she's beautiful lock :)

Settling in ok thanks Lucy still have loads to do but going to do it room by room! My new tumble dryer is coming today considering mine got broke in the move .
Me and my oh had an argument Saturday and he didn't speak to me really at all yday think he's waiting for me to say sorry. I really don't need this added stress right now
I've got the hospital at 2.20 hopefully have a sweep and maybe book the induction in X

Hi ladies, just a quick post to say I had my baby and team yellow turned team PINK! - I had gone to the hospital at 3am on 2/01 3cm dilated and waters broke shortly after, then nothing! Contractions completely slowed and was told I would be facing an induction the following day:cry: if they didn't start.

Finally thinks started at 10pm and a few hours later she was born, it was a bit dramtic as they didn't believe I was close to pushing and only offer me codeine and a warm bath, when I got in the bath they finally realised I was going to push and had to quickly get me out and rush me in a wheelchair to L&D where they filled the pool up.

Gave birth in the pool using just G&A, wouldn't describe it as a Hypnobirth as I screamed the building down haha but did think whilst she was crowing that it wasn't too bad! Baby Elizabeth Rose was born at 0.56am 3/01/16 - weight: 7lbs 3oz. Didn't have any stitches and I just a slight graze, had an hour and a half of skin to skin before we were moved to the ward.

Can't read any of your posts as no wifi here so hope it's all going well and I catch up on this thread later today.

Oh wow lilly congratulations!!!! That's great news!

Sorry to hear u and oh have argued Donna.. Me and my dh have arguments a lot when I'm hormonal he really stresses me out!! Don't normally last long tho I get bored not talking for too long! Lol! I know what u mean about doing without the stress tho.. Think we have quite enough to deal with at this point in pregnancy!

Well I was up for 2 hours last night feeling v crampy and uncomfortable really like period was going to start at any moment plus had a really really dry mouth and just could not sleep! They have finally worn off this morning, v strange tho only ever had cramps with days to a week of my due date with my others.. This is v early for me. I found myself lying there thinking please go away I'm not ready for this baby yet! Which is weird as a lot of the time I feel desperate to meet her!

Lots of tidying and cleaning today before boys get back to school tomorrow xx

Lilly that's fantastic news! Congratulations :) Did you think you might be having a girl? I'm pretty sure ours is a boy even though we are team yellow too :)

Congrats Lilly!! You kept calling her a he! What a surprise!! Haha I would scream the building down too if I was pushing with just gas and air!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->