January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Congrats to the ladies who have had there babies there so adorable!
So my c section is booked for the 12th which is still my due date at least I only have to wait a week the reason why its so late is because of the time its around so they aren't doing a lot of c sections as of all the public holidays we have had :( its only because we have free healthcare with medicare so I'm not complaining.... But my next baby I'm getting private health so I can choose.... Hurry up this next week I wanna meet my lil man!

Well my bump looks like it's dropped of a night then the next morning is high again lol consultant said he's still free and bobbing around lol x

congrats lily what a beautiful name

im so fed up atm i have shitty piles lol ive never
had pain like it lol so im quite happy to have little man
stay put a while i think

very cute heather!

sakura- It's nice to have a date!

donna- I hear it's common for subsequent babies to engage and disengage often

chelle- I'm in the same situation. had them since last thursday, so painful! I'm not trying to have this kid til it's cleared up or very close to it. can't imagine women doing this. I don't get them so it was quite a surprise. started when I started having clear outs and it seems like it's not going away since I haven't stopped having them!

found out today that as of january 1st they have changed the paternity leave policy at DH's work. he was only going to have 3 days paid paternity leave and was planning on taking a couple days vacation to go along with it.... but now he will have 10 days paid leave!!! i'm so thankful this kid waited for january :) he will get even more time than he would have and won't have to use up any vacation time. so very thankful!

edit: and I have my appt tomorrow with my mw. they are willing to induce me when I go in tomorrow, but I'm for sure telling them I'm not ready yet. can't wrap my head around going in tomorrow and starting something. which means I will have to come in a couple times a week for baby checks to make sure he is ok. maybe I'll consider induction for next week or something. I just can't yet.

Tasha, my c section was at 39 weeks and I went into labour 8 hours before the scheduled time so I had her 5 hours before she was due to come out! I love how she chose her own birthday! When will they most likely schedule yours for?

Heather, you're having a c sections aren't you? My labour started as period cramps really low down and continued that way. They got me to 5cm in 2 hours! Are hours still going?

Blessed, that's great your DH gets 29 days leave!!

Hope baby comes earlier than your induction date Donna

blessedmama, thats great news and must feel so good knowing you'll get more time with your OH home! How nice you can save those vacation days! I just booked a flight for my father to come down and help with my other two kids for when I go in for my section.. he'll be here 10 days, soo relieved to have the help and glad it is with someone the kids are comfortable with! My OH gets some paid time off but this is his first, my third, so he is pretty much no help and I feel like I'll be guiding him! My dad had six kids and helped me with my first born so he can offer some insight if need be ;)

On another note.. has anyone experienced conflict with people (friends, relatives etc) regarding visitation in the hospital?? There's been a big up roar with one of my OH's friends (well, wife of best friend) she claims it is her time to bond with the baby and that she will take it personally and be very hurt if we don't allow any visitors in the hospital. I told OH she can bug off and that it is extremely selfish to say something like that to us. Clearly the most important people the baby needs to bond with are mom and dad. I've never liked having visitors while in the hospital, I feel so drained and yucky and there's no privacy especially after a cesarean..I have no issues with people visiting once we are home! Just something that has been bothering me.

Tasha, my c section was at 39 weeks and I went into labour 8 hours before the scheduled time so I had her 5 hours before she was due to come out! I love how she chose her own birthday!

^^^^^ I love this! with my 4th baby I was scheduled to be induced on dec 17th at 7am. the day before on dec 16th my water broke about 2:30pm. he was born at 11:59pm, 1 minute before dec 17th haha! I always said that I loved he got to pick his birthday too :)

Meiko- thank you! I'm very grateful he will have the time off! that's so wonderful your dad can come help. I'm sure his help will be greatly appreciated! it'll be nice to have someone experienced around while your DH learns the ins and outs of a baby :flower:

I can't say I have any issues this time with visitors. I say stand your ground though. she needs to get over herself and respect your wishes. her time to bond with your newborn baby???? what nerve!!! I'm amazed at some of the things people say :roll: if you give in just to appease her I think you will regret it. I know in the past when I've felt like someone was bullying my time to have a baby I've always regretted letting them have their way. :hugs:

Mushy- good luck with being alone with two babies!! 😁

So glad its not just me who thinks she needs to get over herself! My OH agrees it is a terrible thing for someone to say so glad I don't need to convince him! It's safe to say she, nor anyone but my children, will not be visiting in the hospital. Just not my thing, I'm sure it has put me on her shit list but oh well!

I'm definitely happy to have my dad come out, we don't see each other often, he lives a few states over and I've seen him twice in the last three years. Now to just have LO stay put for the next three weeks! It's so close! I'm usually team "get this baby out now" but for whatever reason I'm really not hoping LO comes earlier. Stay in there! My OH is even afraid to touch me for fear of starting labor, ugh.

Morning girls hope ur all ok well I'm still here the sweep did nothing lol!
I'm hoping it will help in some way even if it doesn't send me into labour with Chad I had two and my induction was so much easier than when j had CJ and didn't have any sweeps
I woke up for a wee in the night and felt like I had a uti and have the same horrible feeling this morning .
But I only had my urine checked yday at my appointment and it was clear so I'm hoping he's just lying on my bladder funny
CJ was suppose to go back to nursery yday only I couldn't face the walk to take him I'm going to take him today tho he really wants to go back and maybe the walking will help get things moving lol x

Got my midwife appointment this morning to see if baby has moved from an oblique position and she can do the sweep. If not, she mentioned hospital so I don't know when that will be.

Morning all,

Sorry the sweep hasn't done much for u Donna, maybe your little
Man will just surprise u!

Just taken my two big ones to school... Feels weird to be back to it all and not have work to go back to. I've had no more cramps at all, my bump feels so low though. She was engaged when I saw the midwife nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm sure she still is but j strangely haven't had the awful pains and pressure when I try to walk like
I did withy last, hoping maybe she's a little smaller!

Looking forward to more babies arriving.. Must be time for another one soon!!xx

Good luck at the midwife bev.
Well everyone seems to think Cruz will be smaller than CJ and Chad I feel smaller aswell but we will see .
I don't have the midwife again till a week today I'll get my second sweep then and then she should book my induction for the 17th which is next Sunday I hope I don't go that long but I'm pretty sure I will I'm nt to fussed to be honest I do want him here now but Ino it's not much longer now and I've waited 40 weeks so what's a few more days lol x

Congratulations lilly on your baby girl! Love the name you picked for her :)

Hope all goes well at the midwife, bev.

Meiko, that's ridiculous that she would say that to you, the only people your baby needs to bond with at this time are you and your oh!

I'm still getting lots of bhs, but nothing else to report. I'm getting a massage today, so looking forward to that!

Had my appointment today and baby is still in the same position. I'm being induced this Sunday!!
Hoping he will arrive naturally before then. Got a gym ball today and been bouncing lots on it to encourage him to move position!

Hope he moves into position for u bev :) I'll be induced next Sunday if he isn't here so a week behind you! I can't believe my babies never want to come lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->