January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I was washing up and cleaning the kitchen wen I felt something down below I've lost more bloody mucus X stil no pains tho x

Yes, it's miserable Donna and probably accounts for my foul mood today. Am just so worried that I'm going to have to be induced again (on the hormone drip, not the pessary) and I really don't think I could face that :cry:

I was induced with pessary and hormone drip with CJ but only needed the pessary with Chad no drip hopefully you won't need the drip this time Hun if u are to be induced how long will they let u go over. X

Hi Donna, it's not really a case of how long they will let you go over as they can't force you to do anything. You can take the decision to just wait and see what happens and be monitored in the interim. I have friends who went over by 3 weeks. However, they tend to recommend that you get induced after 14 days and that is the view that we took last time as the risk of still birth was four times higher after 42 weeks than it was between 37 and 42 weeks. As such, the latest I would allow myself to go over would be 17th Jan (2 weeks after my IVF calculated due date which I consider to be the most accurate or 16 days over my 12 week scan due date). I think I'd rather have a caesarian than be induced again though.

Aww bless you Hun. Did u have a really bad induction?
Thankfully both mine weren't to bad I did have a bad time with CJ hemoraged after etc but the actual induction wasn't to bad I'll be induced 10 days over here which is the 17th X

Yes, it wasn't good. Probably best I don't put any details given some people will have to have one.

Ah, that's the same date as my potential induction. Not sure if they will do it on a Sunday though. Also it's our first wedding anniversary that day and I can think of nicer ways to spend it!

They do inductions here on a Sunday so sure they will do it that day aww bless really hop you have baby before then I'm sure u will X

:hugs: to everyone facing a possible induction. I hope our babies all make their appearances on their own.

Because there have been 4 stillbirths in my family, all of them boys, all of them at the 40+ week mark, this causes my anxiety to go through the roof sometimes. I didn't even entertain the possibility of going overdue my whole pregnancy - because my mom had me at 38 weeks I was convinced Thomas would be early too, but nope!

Hope you feel better soon Frustrated, the end of pregnancy can be so hard. The other day it was just too much between my anxiety and this terrible cold and I cried and cried and kept telling DH that I cannot do this anymore.

Have started losing some of my plug for the first time finally.

Fit- hugs for your anxiety. I too am having this at the moment. I just want my baby here.

Adjusting to 3 has been a challenge Donna,but far easier than expected, but DH is also here helping, I'm sure once he goes back to work in two weeks the real test will begin.

Hope some babies show up for you ladies soon! Facing possible induction can be scary

Thanks Fit. Your family history certainly puts things into perspective. The most important thing is to make sure our babies get here safely. Sadly I think mine just take a little bit longer to cook than most. My waters did break naturally last time at 40+13 but I was strongly advised to be induced rather than let things take their own course because there was thick meconium in my waters. On reflection that was probably just because he was late rather than in distress and I'm sure it would have all been fine if we had let the labour progress naturally but you simply can't risk hurting your baby in the face of medical advice. I just need to man up and face the pain. I think it's worse this time round as I know how my body deals with the hormone drip. I think one of the other difficult things about going over, aside from worrying about less movement, is having to psych yourself up every night when you go to bed as you think it's going to happen only to wake in the morning to nothing and have to go through it all again.

Big hugs Fit Mama, sorry about your anxiety, that is understandable :hugs:

Hi ladies just a quick update from me, after spending 7 hours at the assessment unit today, my section is next week. I have to go back every day for heart traces and steroid injections, not that my weeks is a cause for a concern but they'd rather be safe than sorry they said.
X

Glad they've got a plan in place and taking good care of you, Tasha. You will be holding your baby girl very soon!

Just a quick note, my son was born 1/6/16 @ 5:31 am. 8 lbs, 1 oz, 20 inches. Born at home with a crazy 2.5 hour labour, will post pics in our group soon!

congrats ttc!!!! can't wait to see the LO <3

frustrated- sorry you're inductions were so awful. I've had to be induced twice and it was wonderful experiences so I can't compare, but I imagine the anxiety of having another bad experience again for you must be horrible.

donna- even if things settled down, it could pick up any minute! I hope you go before your date!!!

fit- I imagine it's definitely weighing on your mind about going over and the stillbirths you've seen :( I know a couple who had stillbirth and it messes with me too. I'm not comfortable going over 41 weeks.

tasha- glad they have a plan for you and baby!

bev- sunday will be here before you know it!!!

afm- I know pitocin is fabulous for me if I have to be induced, but the mw group I use will do a foley bulb. from what I've read online it could take a day or two to start anything with it!!! I really don't want a long drawn out labor. anyone have any experiences with it???

Congratulations bean that was quick!

Glad you have a plan tasha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"