January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Morning all,

Hope everyone is ok x

Lucy my births have been ok.. My first was induced and back to back took forever and ended with an epidural but my other two were normal just gas and air and in the pool for my last.. Not sure why I'm feeling this way the pain and discomfort of all the bleeding and hormones afterwards just seems to be sticking in my brain this time!

Midwife today... Going to get my 2 year old hair cut as well
Which is always a challenge! I take him to a children's hairdressers where he sits in a plane or car with a TV attached to try and distract him!😉😉

Hope the midwife goes well Embeth. And good luck with the haircut :)

Happy due date Donna!

Happy due date Donna! Hope the little starts moving soon. I've definitely noticed less movements over the last week or so but I recall that was the same last time. Your sweeps do seem pretty far apart. I'm sure they will give you one if you go the antenatal dept at the hospital to get monitored. I know I had one there last time. My midwife gives sweeps every other day, with a maximum of four I think. I have my third today and my fourth will be on Saturday.

Embeth, that sounds just like the hairdressers that I take my son too :). I'm with you on the way you are feeling about the birth. One of my friends said that the cramps from the uterus contracting in the week or so after giving birth with the second was even worse than with the first. Am hoping not. I ended up with awful swelling from stitches last time round (I looked like o had a massive pair of testicles) and a really bad UTI. Have already for the doctor to prescribe antibiotics this time so I have them to have if I feel I'm getting a UTI again.

Couldn't sleep at all last night for some unknown reason. Ended up getting up at 3.30 and doing household chores and our tax returns. Finally fell asleep at 6am. Feeling it today :sleep:

thats crap they do at my hospital and its only an hour from yours lol the midwife gave me one at heartlands at 37 weeks

Well I'm in triage now for lack of movements monitor was showing some contractions goin up to nearly 70 but they've died of again and they think he's gone transverse I'm waiting for a dr X

Thanks Hun he was moving ok on monitor just have to see a dr I hope he's not transverse X

Hope he's not transverse Donna.. My little one is moving a lot less lately, going to ask about it at my midwife today.

Frustrated.. The cramps after birth are a lot worse with number 2 or more.. Just have some painkillers handy! I was given some strong ibroprofen type stuff after my last baby and it really helped before they set in. No one told after my second and I was lying in the hospital bed thinking they'd left something in there with the cramps! Painful but normal!!

The hairdressers was a nightmare! He was tired and screamed the whole time!! Done now tho and he's fast asleep
In the back of the car while I sit in the car wash!!😉

Glad he's not transverse. Good luck for induction!!

Embeth - I thought that would be the case. Will try to stock up on the strongest meds you can take whilst breastfeeding.

Donna - am glad he is the right way round. What day are you booked in for?

Saw the midwife earlier. No change. The three sweeps don't actually have seemed to have done anything. Am not seeing her again until Monday when I will be 41+3 or 41+1 depending on the date you use. Have booked in for a massage on Saturday to try and relax a bit. Am just going to assume he or she isn't coming for a while yet now and relax about it all a little bit. If I end up being induced I will just ask for an epidural this time round.

Glad he's not transverse Donna, when's your induction?

I'm in a foul hormonal mood at the moment just want to hide away!! Don't know why, things are just bothering me 😠 thinking I may book myself a nice haircut! X

I'm going for the epidural too Frustrated :)

Hugs Embeth :hugs:

Thanks bev x

Well midwife was as uneventful as ever!! There really isn't much monitoring round here.. I now don't see her until 41 weeks.. 3 weeks time!! Hopefully I won't see her at all praying I will have a baby by then!

Baby measuring week behind my dates and 3/5th engaged.. That's about it!

I'm
Being induced on Monday I'll be 40+4 that's when I was induced with Chad aswell X

Spent last night in hospital with Elle as body weight has dropped 9% since birth and they were concerned she might be jaundiced, needless to say breastfeeding has been such a FAIL! I'm now expressing every 3 hours and she is having that, she will be weighed again tomorrow so fingers crossed she has gained weight.

Hope all goes well with the inductions!

Hope her weight picks up soon Lilly, the pic in your profile of her is so cute.. Love the hair!!

Exciting Donna not long for u at all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->