January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Congratulations Spud! Sounds like we had pretty similar experiences, with long early labours and babies born in the pool :thumbup: how great she was born in the sac!

Congrats spud!

Hope you start feeling better soon Heather!

Congratulations Danna and spud! So happy for you ladies!

Heather, i hope you heal quickly.

Today is my due date and I'm having mixed feelings. I know I'm one day closer to meeting my baby, but i also feel like I'm gonna be pregnant forever lol. I was feeling patient until we got all the baby stuff out and set up! :dohh:

Fantastic news Spud! Am so pleased for you. I would certainly recommend a water birth to anyone considering it. I'm certain it helped me not to tear this time round. It's also very surreal seeing the head floating there before the rest of the body comes out 😊.

Well we have finally settled upon a name. I asked my husband if we could take a little time as I was a bit nervous about our slightly old fashioned choice. We have called him Cornelius Alexander or Corey for short.

Has anyone else suffered with Anemia following child birth? I was very dizzy a few hours after giving birth and nearly black out on three occasions. They did a full blood count and my iron levels are 8.5 (anything below 8 and they recommend a transfusion) having been 9.8 a few hours after the birth when I was put on Iron tablets.

Am really behind on posts!

Danna - congratulations! Can't wait to see a picture.

Heather - you poor thing. That sounds horrendous. I'm with you on the sore nipples. I think Corey has a slight tongue tie which isn't helping. My left nipple was bleeding a lot the other day. Am going to try to pump from it today to give it a rest

Hope ur better soon heather

My iron count is 8.6 or something like that frustrated it was low before labour 11. Sumat in labour and dropped to 8.6 due to a big blood loss.
I'm on tablets and very dizzy also I was worried about having to go back into hopsital I was told if it was below 8 I would have to . I hope ur iron comes up soon Hun x

Hope you're feeling better soon Heather :hugs:

Hope your iron levels rise soon Frustrated :hugs:

Here she is! Sorry I haven't catch up on the thread, little lady is taking all my attention!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 15
Aww she's beautiful Danna!

Hope the tongue tie isn't too bad Donna, does Cruz need it to be cut?

They said its only slight and because we're bottle feeding and he's feeding ok it should be fine
Chad was toungue tie and his was cut but he suffered with bad wind and cudnt suck the bottle properly
Cruz seems to be Doing ok they said it shudnt affect his speech as it shud stretch out as he gets bigger X

LOVE the name Frust! I was really lightheaded for a few days after the birth, blood pressure was fine and they didn't check for anemia as apparently I didn't lose a lot of blood so it was just put down to not drinking/eating enough.

Sorry it's been tough this time Heather, hopefully things get easier sooner rather then later. With my first my nipples got really chapped and cracked and bled a bunch and I was told by a lactation consultant to use a little neosporin. It helped tremendously!

Frustrated our first name choice this time was Emmett Cornelius but we made the mistake of telling people and got way too many awful reactions it turned us off of using it. I still love the name though!

Danna she's gorgeous!

I went out for the first time since having him today haven't been dressed since lmao
Haven't took Cruz out yet tho but have to take him for his heel prick test tomoz at the hopsital they don't come out on weekends anymore they said
x

Danna she's beautiful!

Lilly / Mushy: thanks! It's hard for people to say now that they don't like it, but I'm sure quite a few don't.

Donna: Well done you! I can't contemplate going out yet. Every time I move I feel dizzy and keep getting horrible tingling sensations all around my body (across my chest, in my hands and feet and across the small of my back). I know now that I've certainly never been anaemic before. Have never felt anything like this. Am not sure how much is the anaemia and how much could be the retained membranes (not sure if I mentioned it before, but I've lost a couple of tennis ball sized clots and the midwife said they contained retained membranes). Am waiting for a scan appointment to make sure everything is now gone. My uterus hasn't retracted any further since it had 9 hours after giving birth though and isn't as firm as they would like.

Congrats to all the mamas who had their babies!

Hope it's not much longer for everyone else.

I read back a little bit need to catch up more.

I have postpartum pre-eclampsia so I'm not feeling well and haven't been on here. Terrible headaches, swelling in my ankles, high blood pressure, stomach ache, and just generally feeling awful. I had no idea you could get it after having a baby even when not having it at all during pregnancy. Anywho I've been on meds to lower blood pressure for a few days now, and finally starting to feel better. I guess it can be pretty serious and can cause strokes, seizures, and death. Hope you ladies don't have to experience anything like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->