January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hope ur all ok girls I've lost anther 2lb on slimming world this week total 13lb loss X

Well done on your weight loss Donna. You're doing great! :)

Well done Donna!

We re doing ok. Isabelle has the cold virus my boys had and woke up last night with a barking cough and awful sounding breathing..much better after she calmed and had medicine and ok today just worried it will happen again tonight!doctor was useless today just said give calpol.. I am worried about croup.. She didn't seem to think so. Nervous for tonight, all 4 of them on my own as dh away on work hoping she's ok xx

Hello.

Seren is just getting over a nasty cold.....snotty nose, chesty cough, gunky eye and runny poos. We've put off jabs for two weeks already. Agghhh I hate jabs.

Good job with your weight loss Donna!

Hope the sick babies are better today x

Embeth I was talking about you taking your 4 kids out for dinner with my DH tonight! We went out to the pub and had a great time, im glad we're getting out more again. There was a lady who stopped and talked to us, she has 6 kids and just loves babies. So sweet! I watched a show called '18 kids and counting' today about a family in Scotland with 18 children 😱 I actually felt bad for the kids as I can't imagine how you'd share your time evenly across 18 kids. If must be chaos at bedtime there!

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Aw glad u had a good time Lucy! We love going out I'm a big believer in not letting having kids stop u doing things ( obviously within reason!;))and just doing them all together!saying that we spend far too much money on meals out and going to costa! My toddler asks to go and get a babychino whenever we're out!😂😂 3 weeks until we take them all to Disney world for a holiday.. I'll let u know how that ones goes!!😉

Lucy - I've only just heard about that family too. (It has to be the same. How many families that size can there be?) . I was telling my dh the same thing about how I wondered how you would give enough attention to each child.

Your Disneyland trip is going to be so much fun embeth! We've been lucky and been able to travel with our little ones, hard work but worth it! We have to go back to NY in a few months 😱 Sooooo far from Australia! But I agree, we try to do the same things we used to but now with kiddies! We figure if we do it from when their little they'll see it as normal. Haha love your toddler with his babycino! 😂

Omg 20 kids now?! I'll have to look it up! The mum was 40 when she had number 18... She looked great which amazed me! She said they found going from 2 to 3 the hardest, which i found interesting.

It's Mother's Day in Australia this weekend, not sure if it's the same elsewhere? My DH is away but that's ok, he sent flowers and did big poster with photos on the wall!

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Lucy - are you Australian or American? It's mother's day here this weekend too and dh is also away (for 5 dsys). He'll be away every year on mothers day. Nothing from him though. Just me and my girls. I may invite his mother over for lunch because my dh won't have done anything for his mum.either ever.
(He claims he does stuff through the year)

I need to take a leaf out of your book Embeth and not stop doing things just because I have a baby. I feel like I hardly do anything at all anymore and I'm so bored. I don't know how women with lots of kids do it, I feel like I'm constantly holding her.

I'm worried about taking her somewhere incase she has a poo bomb! A few places don't have changing facilities, makes me stressed just typing that.

It's Mother's Day in Canada (and the States) this weekend too. DH is taking me for brunch. :)

Lily I've found a good changing pad (our diaper bag has one built in) and well stocked diaper bag make all the difference in the world when it comes to getting out. We've changed Thomas on the beach and at the park where there were no facilities...just put a garbage bag under the changing pad and changed him on the ground.

And I once changed a poo bomb in the backseat of my car lol. The key was garbage bags, disposable gloves and lots of wipes in the diaper bag - didn't get anything in the car (or on me)! It's intimidating at first but you get used to toting them around. :)

20 kids crazy!!😱 my friend has 8 that's seems mad to me.. She loves it tho and they're great kids.
Not mothers day here.. Buts it's sunny for once so nice to have some sunshine just did a run with the dog was great.

Lily.. Don't be worried about going out.. All will fall into place with working out changing her etc.. Iv changed my 4 in all sorts of places.. When I had my eldest the best thing I did was join baby groups and do swim/baby massage courses made some good friends and gave some meaning to everyday rather than feeling isolated at home.
I do find taking them 4 of them out alone a bit stressful now.. I had to collect a pushchair from mothercare the other day dh was away so went with all of them alone and my 2 and 8 year old started running round the aisles nightmare!!
Xx

Hope ur all well girls were battling cruzs eczema it's such a shame I've never had to deal with this before
I've seen that 18 kids and counting I could never
My oh has been talking about if we had another one today I said no way I don't want anymore I said I still want a girl but not enough to try again I can't honestly say never ever again cuz I don't no how I'll feel in a few years but I'm tired of always being pregnant and in the baby stage I'm not a big fan of the baby stage
Cruz is the most happiest baby I've ever met tho he really is and I'm so in love with him
My mom had 6 kids in the eldest and I have 2 sister and 3 brothers X there is like a 19 year age gap between the eldest and youngest X

Spud- I'm Australian (but was living in the US for most of my pregnancy). My DH is American hence the travel to and from there. Happy Mother's Day weekend Fit and to the US and candian mamas! I think my DH felt bad for being away this weekend (it's a conference but really just an excuse to catch up with his friends!)

Lily, don't worry about the poo explosions! I'm so naughty, I went out for dinner and some drinks with my sister last weekend and I brought Annabel in the ergo! She slept in it most the time while we had a great time... Until she did a massive poo explosion and my sister changed her on the floor 😱 There was nowhere else to change her! 😆 She didn't mind and I just had to laugh! Hope you find some groups to join, it makes such a difference to your week if you can get out and talk to other adults who are in the same situation. I found a walking group with my first which was great while they were still little.

Mothercare with all 4 embeth! 😱 What pram did you get??

Hope Cruz' eczema clears up Donna.

I had to change Gabrielle on the floor and backseat of the car a couple times too! The built-in change pad is a life saver.
We are going out a lot, I was getting a bit crazy during the winter months inside, but now it's much better! I'm also gonna meet other momas for walks soon and get into a baby/mama swiming class.

Happy mother's day weekend!!

I changed James in the back of the car a few times too!

Lucy bought a graco Evo mini stroller for holiday and when it comes into football season and I'm standing on muddy fields watching my eldest! It's so easy and compact to fold so great for airport plus don't want my bugaboo ruined at football or travelling so figured was good to get a second one, we also got Isabelle a highchair which she loves! We have a bloom fresco chair sitting in the loft but find the base so big and lost the harness so plan to try and sell it!
Sorry cruz is still suffering with eczema Donna.. Such an rubbish thing to deal with.. I get it now and again and sometimes just nothing u can do to take it away. I would never say never with regards to having more children but with 4 I'm pretty certain we're done!
Had a lovely day in the garden in the sunshine yummy BBQ now looking forward to kids being in bed and relaxing! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->