January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

We've been here for hours and still not been seen yet :(

We were waiting 3.5 hours in the end. The doctor examined him and said that he has tonsillitis and the lump is the corresponding gland on one side although he doesn't have a prominent one on the other side. They said because he hasn't got a raised temperature and seems otherwise well then it should go down over the weekend. She said if he gets better and still has the lump then it would be a cause for concern and if it's still there on Monday then to make an appointment with our doctor. I am seriously annoyed that we waited 3.5 hours just to be told to see the doctor on Monday :x

How stressful for u bev, fx it goes down quickly I'm sure it's just where his body is fighting infection.. does it move around? X

Bless him I'm sure it will the tonsillitis cj still has a lump it isn't very big it moves around but I stil slightly worry about it he's due repeat blood tests this week x

It does move a bit but is a bit restricted due to how big it is. I'm just so worried that there's not a similar one on the other side and they said that if he is feeling well and it stays then there would be a cause for concern. He doesn't even seem to be showing signs of tonsillitis and seems totally fine in himself. I just hope it will shrink by Monday!

There may be one on the other side u just can't feel bev, :hugs: I know how stressful it is worrying about these babies! Glands get huge for all sorts of reasons try not to worry xx

Bev - sorry to hear that you've had a tough time with sick kiddies. I hope they are all better soon.

Embeth - how's the study?

Afm - I'm just wondering if any of your ohs (partner/hubby) help with getting the kids to bed? I do it all and it's getting hard to get two kids asleep at the same time. All they want to do is play. They're not getting to sleep until 9pm ish and I need my me time after bed time.

I have also decided what I want to study. I'd like to try photography so I'm enrolling on a distance learning course. I'm nervous as it's a complete u-turn and new. But even if it doesn't lead anywhere I will be able to take better photos of my family.

Bev hope James's gland is getting smaller this morning x

Spud the study is good thanks.. I have passed all my coursework and my two theory exams just have a practical exam to do in April. Providing I pass that in am a qualified fitness instructor and move on to qualifying a a personal trainer which is a lot more work. Photography sounds great!goodluck with that, my sister in Law did a course in that when her two were younger as did her husband. They other passed and even did some wedding shoots afterwards.

With regards to bedtime.. I do it really. My older two get sent up at 8 and are big enough to sort themselves, they read for half an hour then one of us will check them after that. The two little ones. You co sleep with us so I take them both to bed around 7 and feed Isabelle and Jacob lay the other side and goes to sleep.. it can take minutes or over an hour and working for me in the evening can be a nightmare as Isabelle wakes to feed all the time! Oh is happy to help but can't really do much while I'm feeding still. Will oh not help if u ask? X

Oh bev I hope it goes down! Praying for him :hugs:

Spud- have you asked him to help and he won't? My DH puts all the kids to bed except Landon. I rock him to sleep while he puts 5 of them to bed and the other two are teens so don't need anything. 4 of the 5 he puts to bed is really just him reading to them and covering them up. The 2 year old sleeps next to us in a toddler bed and sometimes he has to stay until she falls asleep but usually she goes right to sleep without anything.

Our bedtime I just take Cruz up lay him down and leave the room
We take it in turns taking chad up depends who he asks for my partner did do it every night till recently though but same with chad we lie him down kiss etc and then leave and then I normally take cj up because I'm quite and same there take him up lie him down and tuck him in etc I'm lucky that all mine have always self settled really easily well I lie cj didn't he slept with us as a baby but since he went in his own room etc he's always settled i love my evenings to much
I'm finding 3 really hard lately ! Cruz is climbing up the sofa now and I'm scared of him falling if he obv needs to learn how to get back down safely
Chad and cj are so loud and fight and Jumo and run about constantly just normal boy stuff but god I feel like I'm having a break down somedays uno when ur sick of hearing ur voice I take my hats of to u lot that have more I couldn't do it in seriously done with having babies now and taking Cruz to be earlier I thought I'm so glad I don't have to go back to baby stage I love babies but I'm truely done x

Sorry you're having a hard time Donna! Have you tried showing Cruz how to get down? Landon likes to climb on the couch too. We always just show them how to turn around on their stomach and ease down the front of it. They seem to get it really quick.

Yeh I've been showing him he's only really learnt in the last few days so hoping he picks it up soon bless him he's so cheeky I love them so much tho it's hard but worth it ! X each day is a new day ay x

It is really difficult. I struggle enough with two kids so I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be with three or more kids! I am definitely feeling done with two and I'm OK with that. I will always miss being pregnant but I can't cope with any more. I'm excited for all the next stages though :)

Thanks ladies. My two are easily excitable. If I put them to bed at the same time they play with each other. Seren doesn't understand and thinks it's really fun to work up Isla. It's still really light here in the evenings. I've tried all the tricks. Full tummy, bath, no tv before bed etc etc. They suffer from FOMO. My DH isn't really helpful. He's never done a bath..he doesn't get them dinner or even entertain them in the evening. He just does his thing. I ask and he will then put Isla to bed once and then he's done his turn for a month. I do explain I need him to do more butthen he conviently goes somewhere else at bedtime or just doesn't do it at all when i think he is so I then have to do it after I get Seren to bed. Isla needs company. She won't go to sleep on her own. It takes bloody ages.

And I have really bad cramps. I'm worried I'm pregnant but I don't think so.

Also my dh is not terrible. He's just happy to let me to all the kid stuff, like his parents I guess.

Sounds like my DH too. No matter how much I nag him any change is just short term and seemingly requires so much energy that he soon goes back to doing nothing!

I have felt like I'm cracking up lately with all these kids! I just get no time and Isabelle still feeding and waking up so much doesn't help.. I keep putting off stopping as I don't have the energy to deal with the screaming!!

Spud.. I've had bad cramps on and off for months. I haven't had a period yet and still feed so am hoping they're just down to that. They just come and go randomly and feel exactly like period pains x

I get it Donna, sometimes I just count the hours down till bedtime. Now I'm studying full time (so hard btw!!) I'm out of the house 3 days a week and I must say although it's hard work I feel better. I think I was really struggling being home all week. Being home with little kids is definitely the hardest job ever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->