January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I'm definitely with most of you when it comes to hoping it's a girl! I'm not at the gender diasapontment stage at all as I'd really be fine if it's a boy, and DH would be overjoyed! But would love a little mini me! Think it's completely normal to feel that way. I just can't wait to see all the little boy and girl photos this January! I'm actually excited to see all of your babies!

Can't believe some of you are feeling your babies already, lucky! I feel the odd twinge and flutter, but not in the right place lol. I'm like "was that Mini?!! No, that was gas." :haha:

I'm a little bit hoping baby is a boy, although I'm not telling anyone that lol. My husband is also hoping for a boy. I love having a son. I'm not girly or particularly feminine and am a little worried that i won't be able to teach my daughter things like how to do her hair. I do have sisters who have mastered such things though, so those aunts may be quite useful in the event i do have a girl. We have had 3 different sisters say they hope it's a girl lol. And i kind of have a feeling that this baby will be a girl. It'll be amazing to have another baby anyway though, no matter the gender. I miss baby snuggles so much! I think it is normal for people to have a preference, and be disappointed if they don't get their preference. To feel grief after that is also normal. I think to say that it never happens or just shouldn't happen is creating unrealistic expectations.

Oh bless all you ladies wanting girls.

I was desperate for a boy last time as we had 3 girls in a row! And I was lucky and got my boy. :) Now I am not really fussed boy or girl. Although I think I am carrying girl as the pregnancy has been completely different to my son. Xx

thank you ladies! Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but this really is the best group, you all are so sweet and understanding :) even though this LO came sooner than expected (we weren't planning to ttc until June) I feel so blessed to be one of the January ladies! You all make me feel better knowing I'm not alone.

I have felt one decided kick and flutters once. So sweet :)

Keep forgetting to say, welcome and congrats rainbow!

I really hate feeling this way, I wish I didn't care one way or the other, but personally I think a lot of my disappointment stems from the family dynamic I had growing up. I had 2 brothers, and no sisters. My brothers and I never got along, and now that we are all into adulthood, we very rarely have anything to do with each other. I see them but once a year, and they will say maybe 2 words to me. My brothers have bad mouthed me behind my back, and have stolen money from me while I was in town visiting (we live 6 hrs apart, so I don't get to visit often)

Perhaps even worse was that they have never acknowledged their niece and nephew. They've never played with them, held them, or bought them gifts for the holidays. Not that material items matter, but for a lot of people gifts are expressions of love and affection, neither of my brothers have ever sent my kids a birthday card or anything.

About 2 years ago before DS was born my daughter went into my youngest brothers room to say hi and talk, he was playing video games, obviously couldn't be bothered to pay her any attention, and the only thing he said was "Could you just get her out of here?" That was last thing either of my brother said to my kids. Whenever I see people on fb post about how much they love their niece or nephew, I get jealous that my kids don't have that. I don't talk to them about their uncles or mention their uncles at all, so they are completely unaware, but I still feel heartbroken that my children don't have loving people like that in their lives.

I know it probably doesn't make sense, it may even sound strange or weird, and I know full well that every child and family is different. I have no reason to even feel this way, but I guess my GD comes from being very fearful that if I had another boy, it would resemble the family I had growing up, and I don't want what happened to me happen to my children.

Anyway, that was really long, and really personal, sorry!

Mushy- I'll be thinking of you on the weekend! It's such a potent mix of anxiety, excitement and anticipation waiting to find out if there's a little boy or girl in there. Do you have a gut feeling either way? Do you feel your little bump is sitting differently this time? Have you felt different at all to when you were pregnant with your DS?
Blessed, that's exciting you'll know for sure boy or girl next week! I can see the nub and it does look quite straight? But it is an awkward position. Have you posted on babynub? They were great with mine and gave me the confidence to go and get the private scan.
Lock, that's so sad that you're brothers aren't supportive of your family :( I have no doubt your little ones will be different to how your brothers treated you. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers and I really do love having brothers. I bet your boy(s) will be loving and supportive of their sister(s) xx
Heather, I meant to say before I'm so sorry to hear about your mmc xx

I totally understand how you feel Lock, the difference is you will raise your family to be supportive of each other regardless of gender. You'll find if you have another boy you will go out of your way to avoid the same scenario as you had growing up :hugs:

Thank you Blessed :hugs:

Can I just ask, is anyone off food? I'm struggling to enjoy anything I eat.

I totally understand how you feel Lock, the difference is you will raise your family to be supportive of each other regardless of gender. You'll find if you have another boy you will go out of your way to avoid the same scenario as you had growing up :hugs:

Thank you Blessed :hugs:

Can I just ask, is anyone off food? I'm struggling to enjoy anything I eat.

I've been really picky with food this week! Used to eat ginger biscuits in the morning to help nausea and I'm completely off them, then I threw a right tantrum this evening as I just didn't know what I wanted to eat, didn't fancy anything.

I'm just now eating for the first time today and it's already 3pm. I'm not enjoying eating at all nor do I even want to, most of the time just the thought of eating makes me sick. Smells still put me off.

All the things I used to enjoy make me either gag or give me a jippy tummy :(

But then I feel sick because I'm not eating, I can't win :dohh:

lucy- I haven't, but I will. I did post it on ingender and got two girl guesses and one not sure lol.

lock- I'm sorry you have that kind of family. I have no doubt you will raise your children to be more loving and close :hugs:

Thought we were meant to feel better 2nd tri?!! I did start to feel better but it's all gone downhill this week.

For those who've had previous pregnancies when do you start to feel back to normal? As in no food aversions/gagging etc (that's if you ever did feel normal again :wacko:)

Lilly when I was pregnant with my DD I had no sickness no nausea no exhaustion. In fact I felt amazing from start to finish apart from 2 weeks I felt nauseous non stop but that was related to dodgy meat I'd eaten.

This pregnancy is opposite in every way. I'm trying not to complain because this will be my last pregnancy and it took us 13 months to get here but I feel awful! I'm beyond shattered now but I know I won't be able to sleep when I get to bed.

I'm usually sick til 16ish weeks, but I hear it's not usually that long for other women. with one pregnancy I was sick The. Entire. Pregnancy. It was horrible. I was even sick after having him for a few days. I have 3 girls and 4 boys, and for me there is nothing I can definitively say that differentiates between boys and girls. my worst and best ms were both boys. all of them have just been varying degrees...

Oh no, heather! Glad you had Landon's blanket handy! Must say this pregnancy has been far worse than with my DS. I didn't take any medication with him and only actually vomited a few times and by 12/13 weeks I was back to normal. This time whole different story!! I've been sick for much longer, I went off my anti nausea meds this past weekend thinking 'I'm 14 weeks, I should be fine!' Wrong! Spent it with my head down the toilet bowl. So back on the meds! If this indeed is a girl then for me the old wives tale of feeling more sick with girls is true for me. Oh, and sooooo much more moody! My poor DH!! I'm still fussy with what I eat, can't wait for the phase where food tastes amazing! I loved that part last time! Blessed, I can't believe you were sick for the entire length of one of your pregnancies. Awful!!

In both my previous pregnancies I felt better by now, so this is all new to me. I'm not sure what to expect really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->