January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

Hey ladies scan was perfect measuring 1 day ahead so now due jan 9th :)

Baby was a real little show off having a whale of a time in there waving and clenching its fist doing big flips im trying to upload a pic but I don't know how it will go lol :)

I attempted hypnobirthing last time, but it kind of all went out of the window as I was induced. Is this your first Lilly?

Yep! I'm hoping even if I had to be induced etc it would hopefully teach me some breathing techniques or something to help keep me calm, I'm such a worrier and I just don't want to start panicking during labour.

Lovely bump lock! Fingers crossed you have the birth you want this time, I have no idea what to even write on my birth plan as I don't have a plan at all, I don't want to put too much about a natural birth as if I want the epidural I WANT IT and don't want some stuck up midwife saying no :dohh:

Chelle lovely scan! I'm jealous your baby was moving around mine is still being lazy and was laid on its side. We're due date twins :thumbup:

Yay lily :) :) I can't wait to find out gender now 6 weeks and counting haha !!!!

Thankyou ladies I think it makes sense to why I feel so sick as baby is constantly on the go lol !!!!

I attempted hypnobirthing last time, but it kind of all went out of the window as I was induced. Is this your first Lilly?

Yep! I'm hoping even if I had to be induced etc it would hopefully teach me some breathing techniques or something to help keep me calm, I'm such a worrier and I just don't want to start panicking during labour.

Lovely bump lock! Fingers crossed you have the birth you want this time, I have no idea what to even write on my birth plan as I don't have a plan at all, I don't want to put too much about a natural birth as if I want the epidural I WANT IT and don't want some stuck up midwife saying no :dohh:

Yes, you have to be careful about what you write on your birth plan. I wrote very clearly on the front page of mine that I did not want to be offered drugs etc. As a result I didn't even get offered gas and air and my husband had to ask for it for me...

Hypnobirthing was very helpful in terms of breathing, but it was impossible to use any of the other hypnobirthing techniques, such as relaxation etc, when attached to a syntocinon drip as it basically sends you from 0-60 in next to no time. Am hoping for a spontaneous delivery this time round as I'm not sure I could cope with being induced again.

Personally I don't think birth plans are worth the paper there written on !!!
Baby's will do exactly what they please and when they please so I just think what's going to happen is going to :)

I don't think I stuck to my birth plan at all! I wanted a natural birth with as little medical intervention as possible. Until I went into labor Saturday morning and wasn't able to get admitted until early Monday morning. I had barely slept around 3 hours Sunday after being sent home from the hospital again, because they gave me a morphine shot. By the time I was admitted I was so exhausted I never would have been able to manage without some sleep, so I got the epidural. I was able to get a few minutes of skin to skin before they needed to check his breathing, and used that time to check everything else. He was breathing too quickly and as soon as they were done with all the basic tests he was rushed to the nursery. That was around 330pm and I didn't get to see him again until around 9 pm. Then we had to get transferred and I didn't get to see him again until around 2 am. In the end it was nothing that I wanted.

Lock, super cute bump!

Chelle, great scan pic!

I'm going to try going all-natural this time, but I'll be flexible. I tried that the first time around, and ended up getting pain meds (which didn't really help) then an epidural and pitocin as my labor stalled. But still, it was not a bad experience. I do hope to stay home longer this time though, get more rest during early labor and actually eat something to keep my strength up! Also, my mom, who's a Labor and Delivery nurse, told me during that the last month I should spend 10 minutes a day crawling on the floor on all fours to get baby into a good position for birthing, so I'll be following that advice!

Lock you have a very pretty and neat bump going, very cute!

Chelle gorgeous baby :cloud9:

Well being that I've had 7 children, I definitely subscribe to the birth plans are pretty much crap idea lol. My experiences have been all over the board, although no c sections yet. With my first, my water broke at 26 weeks and managed to keep her in to 38 which is amazing, but when labor did start it was fast and hard. Asked for epidural right away. They turned it off for pushing which was a big mistake. So painful I didn't get to hold her for a couple hours after :(. With most of my others I have done really good with breathing through contractions. I was induced with 2 for complications and got epidural around 4-5 cm. the contractions were not anymore painful, but the complications I was having made my chances of a section higher so if there would have been an emergency it was either get the epi and be able to stay awake for section or chance having to be knocked out. Two other ones my water broke and I had to have pitocin to get contractions going. Apparently when my water breaks my body doesn't respond like most women. And one birth was only 39 minutes from first contraction to birth. He was in such a hurry! I started having contractions, nothing crazy and decided to shower before going in. By the time I got out of the shower I could barely walk. Got to hospital and was 9cm. He was born within a few minutes of arriving. You would think a fast birth would make it nicer, but let me tell you it was horrendous. I'm not sure our bodies are meant to labor that fast and it was scary. There was no breathing or resting between contractions. I hope that never happens again!

Aaaaaand the nurse just called and said my blood sample for the verifi test was 'insufficient' which I'm not sure if it means they didn't draw enough blood or didn't find enough fetal DNA to make determinations. So I have to go back in Monday morning and have it drawn again!!! I definitely went from being excited and hoping to hear we have a healthy baby to oh great so another week of waiting, boo.

So we scheduled a private sonogram to see the baby today at 5 :happydance: we got crap pics at our nt sono so I'm very excited to go tonight!!! :)

Yay for the sonogram tonight blessed!! Definitely my fav part of being of being preggy!
Hope you get some cute pics! Will you be having a little sneaky look down there or trying to stay team yellow?

Cute scan pic chelle!

Love your little bump Lock!

I'm not a huge advocate for detailed birth plans. People asked me last time about my birth plan and I responded 'to have a healthy baby!' Which was good as I ended up going to my regular OB appointment and my blood pressure was through the roof so she said that I wasn't going home without my baby! So I was induced and after a long labour and 4 hours of pushing and a failed vacuum attempt I had a c section! They literally had to push him back inside to get him out! In the delivery room then again in the OR 😁I will be getting a scheduled c section this time!! The first thing my OB said after he finally came out was 'I'm booking you in next time' Lol

Lucy I'm not sure yet. I think it would be lovely to stay team yellow, but my hubs wants to see for sure so it may happen that I see lol. I guess we will figure it out as we go :) I'm just really excited for some cuter pics!

Heather- I absolutely agree 100% and sometimes I think it causes some women grief when they have this idea of what they want the birth to be and it doesn't happen that way. I have a few ideas of what I would like to happen, but it never goes exactly as planned and I refuse to feel down about it as long as the baby is safe. Sometimes we can lose sight of that in our desires. You won't feel disappointed though if you are able to go with the flow and just want what's best for the baby. :)

I was totally open for anything during birth, my birth plan was more of a guide to go off of, but could definitely go any way I needed. The only thing I was sad about was that he was taken from me so quickly. I think that's caused a lot of his separation anxiety today.

I didn't have a birth plan with DD and I don't plan on one this time round, I'm such a stickler for plans when their in place that if it were to veer off I'd panic!

The only real plan I have is that I want a home water birth but I can accept that that could change last minute but I'd be ok with that because it would probably only change for emergency reasons.

That's a lovely bump Lock and such a beautiful scan photo Chelle. 3 sleeps until my first scan and is it dragging!!!

My labours were very different .
I was induced with boy tho.
CJ my first I was Iinduced at 40+10 I had the pessary around 11am and went to delivery around 9/10pm they broke my waters around 12am I think and he wasn't born til 3.30 that after noon so was in established labour 13 & halfhours was hhorrendous. I had the epidural but it fell out. In pushed for two hours and had a hemorrhage after. I lost a lot of blood. I had to stay in and had 3 units of blood shouldof been four. But I got out with iron tablets. It scared me so much.

Second time was induced at 40+4 and he was born at 40+10 but was so much quicker I was only in labour 6 hours and pushed for 45 mins was so much nicer I had an epidural which worked great but I didn't have it til klate so did a lot on gas and air. I really hope I have a labour like myssecond again. I had to be cut the first time and had stitches second time only and tiny graze no stitches.

X

both mine were 9lbers
CJ 9lb 5oz
Chad 9lb 1oz

Xx

Hi everyone! Mind if I join you? I've been stalking this thread for a while. :) EDD is January 10th. Was afraid to join as had spotting and bleeding from 13dpo until 2 weeks ago. They never found a cause for the bleeding and only gave baby 50-50 chance. Long story short bean looks good on u/s and no more known issues. Finally only 2 days short of 2nd tri and cautiously optimistic enough to believe we'll make it. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->