January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I buy ALL my baby stuff online Sakura. I have a Babies R Us nearby, but the options online are endless. I mainly buy online from Amazon and with a prime membership they do free deliveries, and you have your order in 2 days.

Sakura, if you think that's bad try living in Jersey.... Aside from Mothercare, we have two shops on the entire island dedicated to baby clothes (and they are tiny and have a very limited range) and there are no shops dedicated to baby furniture etc. Last time I bought our nursery furniture (which was Boori, so Australian!) from a shop that sold accessories for cars but did a sideline in prams and some furniture! They don't have any display items though so you just have to go off online pictures! Our only other options is to shop in the UK and have it shipped over which costs a fortune!

Is anyone having two babies close together and considering not getting a double pram / stroller? I'm wondering if it can get away with a carrier for the baby until Joshua is old enough to walk....

Chad will be almost two when baby is here and I'm defo having a double
I had almost the same age gap last time and couldn't of managed without my double cj did only use it for about 8/9 months and then started walking but defo think there good to have bt if u think ill be ok baby wearing I'm sure u will x

Well..I have the 3 biggest baby stores around 15 minutes from home? xD
I buy online only some times, I just really like to touch the materials of what I'm buying :)
I bought the travel system this weekend, the next big thing is the moise basket!

sorry ladies, this doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy or baby stuff, but my oldest has outgrown her car seat that DH and I are having to buy her a booster seat. I'm so sad! She's getting way too big way too fast :cry:

I agree Lock.. They grow up so fast! My oldest starts preschool in a month. Excited for him but already sad about him being gone all day. :dohh:

Aww lockandkey :hugs:

About the double, we have two doubles and several singles lol. I LOVE to baby wear so pretty much anywhere we go I have the littlest one in the carrier. But there are occasions where I put them in the stroller. Like if we are at the zoo or going to be somewhere for hours I will bring my carrier and double. We have several kids that came very close together so the different strollers come in handy. We had 3 kids within 3 years and 2 months, and 7 kids total. We have a double jogging stroller, double umbrella stroller, single umbrella stroller, travel system, and two regular strollers. And that's after downsizing. :shock: I also have had several carriers like a ring sling, mei tai, money, and my current favorite is my lillebaby. The lillebaby pretty much made the rest sit in my closet for the last year or so. (Even though I'm not ready to get rid of them yet :))

Thanks Blessed and Donna. I assumed we would buy yet another new pushchair / stroller (we already have three systems and one umbrella... Don't ask how we ended up with so many! I really need to sell some. One is brand new and has never been out of it's box!), but a friend who is due the same time as me and has a child the same age as my son has said she is not going to buy one. I'm just not sure how feasible this would be though. Before that I had been looking at the Uppababy Vista 2015 as that seemed to provide the best sitting options, although i don't really like the look of it online. We are in London tomorrow so I might have to go and check one out in a department store. I really wish I'd bought a pram first time round that was capable of having another seat added though. Maybe I don't need such an expensive option though and can just get a double Maclaren (umbrella) for when we all go out together :wacko:

Frustrated maybe you could sell one or two of your others to offset the cost of a new one? We had a sit and stand double that I thought would be fabulous, but we really didn't like it. The older one that was supposed to stand in the back or sit on the little step kept trying to get down while we were walking and anytime we stopped :dohh: so I sold it to pay for the double umbrella which has worked out fabulous. I thought the sit and stand would be wonderful, but I guess mine need to be a little more contained lol

I was also thinking of not getting a double pram as I'd like to wear the new baby in one of my several baby carriers (think I got a bit carried away with them for DS!) I have noticed a lot of people have the britax b agile double which is side by side. Looks good as the seats are deep so my toddler will fit without being cramped and still be able to sleep in it. Plus the car seat clips in. It's $350 here so not hugely expensive so if I get one I'm leaning towards that.

The thing I liked most about the Vista is that you are not pushing around an empty seat if you only have one baby. My only concern about the side by side umbrella, that I imagine we will end up buying, is that all of the weight will be on one side. My son's nickname is Podge... At 10 months he was the average weight of an 18 month old!

Morning girls hope ur all well 15 weeks here today :) going fast!
Still not really feeling any better I've got anti sickness tablets but haven't picked them up from the chemist yet
I had a Tandem last time that turns to a single x

Had my scan today! Have been put forward a few days.

My NT measurement was ok too so fingers crossed screening comes back ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
Congrats on the scan Sporty! :)

All this talk of double prams, am I the only one having her first baby? xD

Congrats Sporty!

Well it looks like we will be getting yet another pushchair. We were both really impressed with the Uppababy Vista. It had so many different options for seat position etc. It does mean getting a new car seat as well though as our current one (a Jane) is not compatible. I would also recommend it for a first time mum if you plan to have another before your first is three as you can simply add on an extra seat when number two comes along.

Hey Danna - I am on my first as well!! lol Unless I end up with twins I won't be looking at a double for a while!

I think I will just get a travel system to start (I want a jogger style with 3 large wheels because I live out in the country) and probably a medium size umbrella stroller for when we are in and around the city when babe is a bit older!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->