January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

I'm sorry you didn't get your girl Mushy, I'm sure your boy will be wonderful, but I understand very well the initial dissapointment. I know I'll feel exactly the same if my baby is a boy like I think it is. Big hugs, it will get better soon.

Mushy, it's so hard to get your head around it when you pictured it going another way. And I think the hardest part is you find out what baby is and then have to wait months till you actually get to meet them. don't feel bad about feeling this way, you haven't met him yet. When you do of course it will be so different. Take some time to digest it xxx

im kinda feeling bit upset i feel like im not getting enough ultrasounds, ive had 2 internal but they were at like 6 and 8 weeks. My last one i saw bub move but i didnt have a full bladder so i was measuring 11 weeks 4 days when i was meant to be 11 weeks 6 days but doc just kept it at same date... i guess i just feel upset cause i just want to see bub properly and get a good scan, i mean hes my first baby i want to see him all through the pregnancy. not to mention i feel like changing docs cause the one i have is not great and doesn't help at all hes always to busy :( i just feel like everyone is getting awesome scans and measuring ahead and im not really im measuring behind

I've only had two scans with my doctor, one at 5 weeks and nothing could be seen, then one at 9 weeks, which was my dating scan. All others I've paid for because I'm too inpatient to wait until 20 weeks! Usually the less the better! Most places only do extra because of an issue or concern.

Heather, I totally understood what you meant! I felt way worse for feeling bad at all! I should be excited just to be pregnant!

Here it's 2 to 3 US per pregnancy, with no options to go private. I know how you feel though, I'd love to see baby evey week! Haha, but I have to accept that's how it is or change country/province ;P

Sakura - we only have 2 here im 15 weeks today and only had 1 :)

Mushy - it's ok to feel like that you have all these months to adjust to another little
Boy :) big hugs hun xx

Eeeeekkkkk I turn 30 tomorrow :( sad to be out of my 20's

Lesh great picture!

Mushy just think how lovely it will be for your first son to have a brother who will be so close to him in age. They will be perfect playmates for each other and will hopefully be best friends for life :). I would like a girl eventually, but I'd like this one to be a boy for Joshua's sake as I think it will be nice for him. I do look at all the cute little dresses and wish I could buy some tho! I have to satisfy that need by buying for friend's children at the moment!

We have 10 little one year olds coming round for a joint first birthday party tomorrow...! That should be fun (and messy). Can't believe it's already nearly a year since Joshua was born 😊. This time last year I was bouncing up and down on my birthing ball, eating hot curry, doing massive walks, rubbing clary sage everywhere, downing raspberry leaf tea by the bucket load and contemplating drinking a bottle of caster oil as I was so far overdue. If I'd known what was ahead I would have put my feet up, read a good book and enjoyed those last few days of peace and quiet lol!

Thankyou everyone on your kind comments. Xx

Sorry you didn't get your girl hunni. But having to little boys so close in age will be great! I had 2 girls 15 months apart and they were great buddies when they were younger. Xx

14 weeks today! 2nd trimester yay! Xx

I woke up this morning, Listened in on bubs and realised bubs is higher than normal so I stood up and you can see my bump has popped out. Xx

Adorable pic Lesh!

Mushy, so sorry you didn't get your girl. I understand your feelings all too well, and fear going through it, and being disappointed again! It's ok to be upset, disappointed, guilty, because in a way you are dealing with a loss, the loss of a dream of having a little girl.

Btw, just wanted to mention that red raspberry leaf tea isn't supposed to start labor if you are low risk and have a healthy pregnancy, that's actually a huge myth. What it does do is strengthen the uterus and bring more blood to it. It's great for women to drink pregnant or not pregnant because it keeps the reproductive system healthy.

I started drinking it while pregnant with my son from 20 weeks until I went into labor at 40 weeks exactly. Red raspberry leaf tea helps make labor more smoothe, and pushing easier on your part, so I definitely plan on drinking it again. Though I wouldn't recommend this to the ladies who are high risk until you are full term.

Finally getting a bump pic up! This is bump 14 weeks exactly. Xx

11745935_10207330525684547_6880844105488058568_n.jpg

I drank red raspberry leaf tea with my first 27 weeks until delivery and I was in labor for 2.5 days with over 2 hours of pushing and ended up needing an episiotomy. I hope that it just didn't work for me!

That sounds like prodromal labor, which usually happens if baby is in an odd position and can make pushing difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->