January Snowdrops 2016: 58 BFPs and counting (12 boys / 8 girls / 4 surprises)!

yay, dinner date alone for me and DH tonight! NO CHILDREN!!!!!!

also, bump pic (almost 18 weeks now) I feel like I've popped out just overnight, and I think I need to invest in a maternity belt because after walking around all day today, my back and front under my bump are so sore :(

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/11793136_10200961276870755_982668782_n_zpsomrdaha2.jpg
Gorgeous bump x

Lovely bump Lock. Xx

It always takes a little while to sink in Donna. When I had my scan for my 4th and the lady said "Girl" I was a little down for a few hours. I just automatically thought "After 2 girls it's bound to be a boy" So was shocked when she said "Girl".....She's my little Angel now though. Xx

Dull cramps are normal, right? Well not sure if i can even call it cramping it just that dull feeling you get a few days before AF. Been feeling it since last night.

In my case Lilly - Yes! I have had so many different aches, Pain and cramping since the day I found out I was pregnant and baba is all good in there. If you are concerned ring your midwife she might be able to reassure you. Xx

Thanks Lesh, it's easied off now thankfully. Think I'm just a bit on edge since the bleed last week.

Thank you ladies!!

Lily, I've had cramping in every single one of my pregnancies, so it can be totally normal.

Heather, hope you feel better soon.

Well I've had an unfortunate brush with pregnancy insomnia last night. I have it most nights where I can't get to sleep until 3am, but this morning I couldn't get any sleep until 5am, and only got broken sleep from there. I'm terribly miserable and grumpy today. Luckily it's the weekend and DH is home, I haven't been able to take care of my kids at all today, he's done it all. I feel awful :(

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been so active! Scheduled my scan for Aug 17, can't wait to check on baby and see how they are developing and their gender!

Ooooh how exciting, LockandKey! Will be fun to have a scan buddy!

lockandkey- i have insomnia really bad a lot of nights. it was severe til recently. I would either lay in bed almost all night trying to fall asleep or fall asleep ok and then wake up a couple hours later only to stay awake for hours. the worst night I had I set in bed til 6am, then fell asleep but only til about 7:30. couldn't fall back to sleep after that and had a horrible day. so frustrating!

lockandkey- i have insomnia really bad a lot of nights. it was severe til recently. I would either lay in bed almost all night trying to fall asleep or fall asleep ok and then wake up a couple hours later only to stay awake for hours. the worst night I had I set in bed til 6am, then fell asleep but only til about 7:30. couldn't fall back to sleep after that and had a horrible day. so frustrating!

Basically how most my nights are :( I have a sort of routine that helps. I have to take my iron pill with orange juice right before bed, I need to have the tv on very low volume for white noise, and if that doesn't work I try taking a calcium chewable or some lavander essential oil behind the ears will work.

It's awful, I'm sorry you are having to go through it.

I'm glad you're finding a routine that helps! I'm also doing calcium. I've added magnesium as well. I have upped my progesterone cream so it seems to be helping over the last week. I keep a unisom by my bed on really bad nights. it was one thing my dr said I could use for morning sickness so i'm sure it won't hurt.

Lock and Blessed I hope your insomnia doesn't stick around much longer. Is there something safe you can take? The anti nausea medication I took had a sleep aid in it so maybe there is something you can take? I can't imagine being more tired than I already am!

How is everyone feeling in regards to energy levels? I thought I might start to feel more energetic by now but no such luck.

I have maybe a little extra energy but not a whole lot. I had *one day* last week where I didn't need a nap after work but then I needed an extra long one the next day.

My midwife told me this is typical and I probably won't notice an improvement until around 20 weeks.

I do have some energy, but I pretty much spend all morning and early afternoon groggy and in a zombie like state because of lack of sleep. Lucky for me, DS somehow doesn't mind hanging out in his crib for a while playing with his toys after he wakes up, so I can usually get away with sleeping in until around 10 am. I still feel bad leaving him up there, but he always seems to be a happy camper. DD usually plays in her room or in the living room with all her toys.

btw did anyone have any baby dreams about gender and were right? I remember having boy dreams with DS and he is definitely a boy. This morning I had a dream that #3 was a girl :)

I'm feeling baby move daily now, it's exciting.

Also, DD told me today "Mommy, I love the baby in your belly." :cloud9:

Lovely picture Lock.

I have felt absolutely dreadful today. I think my little boy's back teeth must be coming through. He took two hours to settle last night after I took him up to bed, woke screaming at midnight (although resettled after five mins although it took me ages to get back to sleep) and then woke up screaming at 3am and pretty much cried constantly until 6am. It was like being back in the first few months after giving birth all over again. It's made me worry about coping with a newborn and a 17 month old. I'm not someone who does very well on lack of sleep and I just felt shocking this morning. I finally managed to get a few hours sleep between 6.15am and 8.15am. He's been an absolutely grouch all day too. I had to resort to taking him out for a walk in his carrier around midday as he just wouldn't go down for a nap and was so tired he didn't know what to do with himself other than cry. It's been a very long day with groucho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->