• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeremy Forrest

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
So he has been fould guilty of child abduction

Do you think he should get the label of pedophile

I will be interested to see how much of a jail term he is given, Stuart Hall was given under 2 years

He got five and a half years, I really don't understand the law in this country

I don't think he should be called a paedophile in my opinion, I made a thread about this too and my opinion has changed, I mean why is it stuart hall got given only 15 months and this guy gets 5 and half years?! Of course he abused his position of trust and should be punished for it but I think naming him a paedo is a bit harsh.

The trial heard how Forrest began teaching maths to the girl when she was 13. She developed a crush on him, and an apparent turning point came during a school trip to Los Angeles in February 2012, when Forrest publicly comforted the girl, who was experiencing personal difficulties. They started exchanging Twitter messages in the spring, moving to texting for greater privacy as the content became ever more intimate.

During the school summer break, the court was told, with Forrest by then having been married for less than a year, they started having sex, meeting in hotels, in the grounds of a crematorium, or going for drives in his Ford Fiesta.
this is from a news report

it all started whens she was 13!!! yes he should be branded a paedophile becasue thats what he is, how can anyone argue he isnt?

It started when she was 14 according to the trial

Also if he was a pedophile would he not have wanted to sleep with her when she was 13/14 instead of waiting till she was 15

As I thought the definition of a pedophile was someone who wanted to sleep with prepubescent children

from what ive read it began when they were on a school trip in america, may be he waited to make a move untill they were alone on the trip.
even at 14 she is a child so i dont really get how you dont class him as a pedophile

A pedophile likes prepubescent children, at 14 she would at least be going though puberty

but we cant know for sure that he hasnt looked at younger girls previously, just because it started with them at 14 doesnt mean he hasnt looked at other younger girls, its just that that was the age she was when he began teaching her. but this is all just splitting hairs really, he is a sick individual who took advantage of a child the label he is given is irrelevant really

But did he deserve such a harsh sentence, as I said Stuart hall got under 2 years

He had a lot more victims and they were younger

well that would be a long discussion lol i dont understand how they sentence cases with such varying sentences it makes no sense but id imagine alot of it is down to the amount of coverage this casae has got here and abroad id imagine they have to be seen to making an example of him but its awful for parent whos children have been abused and the person responsible gets a really light sentence

Personally I feel a bit sorry for him.
I can obviously only speak for myself but I know that at 14/15 I totally knew what I wanted and could be manipulative. I had much older boyfriends and I was totally in control of what went on.

The difference here is that he was her teacher so in a position of trust. For that reason this is different but to me labelling him A paedophile if this was his only offence is harsh.

Having said that when my daughter is 15 I may feel different!

I don't feel at all sorry for him he completly abused his position. She was 14 when they first kissed, what an earth was he thinking. He knew it was wrong so he deserves jail IMO. I do think the sentence is rather harsh compared to other worse crimes, but I still think he deserves jail.

I think what's harsh is that he's being found guilty of 'abduction', which is like kidnapping, he didn't kidnap her, they went to france together of their own free will! I think the abduction charge is why his sentence is longer than Hall's, which doesn't seem right IMO

I think what's harsh is that he's being found guilty of 'abduction', which is like kidnapping, he didn't kidnap her, they went to france together of their own free will! I think the abduction charge is why his sentence is longer than Hall's, which doesn't seem right IMO

Completely agree!

I don't think his sentence is harsh, nor do I think it matters whether he is labelled as a paedophile or not. He had abused his position to have sex with a child and then took her away from her family abroad. People like him are a threat to children, I think his sentence was fair.

He did abduct her. She was a child, he took her from her parents. It doesn't matter whether she was willing - the law states that it is abduction (thankfully).

Tbh though, I would be more than happy with that sentence if not even more if it was my child so it's a confusing one

Is he going on the sex offenders register

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->