Jimmy Savile allegations

nic18

Reaction score
What are your views on this?
Is it fair that they are bringing this up now?
Do you think its true?

for people unaware: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tions-Police-120-leads-victims-witnesses.html

Speaking from a victim of abuses point of view - yes it is fair. I do agree maybe it could have been handled a little more discretely, but whether or not he is alive does not take away the pain from the victims. if it is found that the allegations Are true, the victims deserve to have that acknowledged

The reason why so much abuse happens for so long is people are afraid to speak up about it, and why, because children are called liars. Its a horrible state our society is in. We want children to speak up, then when they do no one believes them so they bottle it up for years, Ruining their lives and crushing them. Now he is dead it can be released and maybe his victims can get some help. Its time kids where trusted more and taken seriously to stop this early on and even prevent it. To many pedos are getting away with it because no one believes children.

No one even believes that a teacher hurt my son in pre school because apparently no one would do that there , his family and we do. No one doubts him on that end but any one with authority does. There are families that would even doubt their kids to. I am not saying lying dosnt happen, but its not always a lie. I hate when its assumed it is.

thanks girls :) i'm currently watching this morning and now freddie starr is getting accussed of it, he is speaking out about it on this morning denying it.
if these allegations are true, what actually happens?

I am not sure as usually they don't come out when they are alive, their death would be a release for victims. Look at Gary Glitter, he left the country to do it didn't he? is he in jail now?

I admit I always didn't like Savil, just something I didn't like about him. Even this dosnt surprise me. I see his family have dumped his head stone to. They arnt defending him.

they moved his headstone so it didn't get vandilised hun, so it was out of respect :)

but he has been dead for ages, why would the victims come out now? & the freddy starr thingi watched this morning, i think he knows something!

How all those people could know about it back then and see it with their own eyes and not tell the police ....I just dont know?! he should have been punished when he was alive. I read his headstone is being removed by his family.

i'm the same, if people knew/saw this happening why was he let away with it, he cannot be punished now.. hes 6ft under. the headstone was removed during the night last night hun!

Back then would they have been believed? It was a different era. He was famous and loved. I dont think they would have been believed. Much the same now.

but would it not of been better when he was alive so he could defend himself? or be found guilty.

Again who would believe them? he has more fans and money than any one. Now that he is dead he cant speak back. I dont assume any one is lying, I don't know their full story. I think if we read what they had to say it would disturb us to.

I read that there were rumours whilst he was alive, but it was all hushed up :shrug:

im not on anyside here, just wanted to see peoples views and see what you all think! i think its pretty messed up, but in a way does not make sense. am i the only one that seen the freddy starr thing?

I'm sure he was investigated a few months before he passed away.
I read today that the police are looking into 120 lines of inquiry about this. It is just strange that former staff and colleagues have come forward since so I'm guessing there must be some truth to this.

It seems that the women did want to speak out before but it was just covered up.

Who would believe them? Random women against this so called saint.

If a few of these girls get even a bit of closure after all this then of course its fair.

It made the news over here and the statement I heard was from one of the police investigating it. If he was making a public statement about the certainty of the allegations being true (he was saying things like how many victims, how much detail, etc), I would guess that there is very very solid evidence to support what the victims are saying.
Being dead doesn't let you off the hook, so to speak. The victims need to tell their story. Maybe the inquiries into how and who did the hushing up will make the entertainment industry just a little safer for the next generation?

but would it not of been better when he was alive so he could defend himself? or be found guilty.

Alot of it was investigated years ago, my local police station (staines) actualy where investigating alligations in 2007 but at the time the press was banned from mentioning it for fear of destroying the charity work.
2007 wasnt the first investigation either so it started coming out long before he died its only the general public that are just only now hearing about it so its old a old story tbats new news.

sadly the charity work was used heavily as a safety blanket

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-19900559

this was the hospital Joel was born at, it must be devastating for some of the senior/retired staff to find out about this

I hope his charity will be able to carry on under a different name

I read that his gravestone will be smashed up and destroyed after it was removed at his family's request, not just moved. Xx

I think its a shame he isnt alive to back himself up as that would make it more fair but I suppose if there are so many lines of enquiry there must be some truth in it just goes to show that even the most 'saintly' characters have skeletons hidden in the closet :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->