Jimmy Savile allegations

So many people that knew him have come forward and said yes we knew something was quite right or the two girls being in the van made me feel something in my gut that wasnt quite right. (paraphrasing).

How could they live with themseles? How could they sit by all this time? :nope:

So many people that knew him have come forward and said yes we knew something was quite right or the two girls being in the van made me feel something in my gut that wasnt quite right. (paraphrasing).

How could they live with themseles? How could they sit by all this time? :nope:

Ive read about nurses knowing what was going on in his own personal flat at the hospital and even wondering who would be the chosen girl that week :nope:

:sick: Kala. That is awful.

Awful isnt it.

I cant decide whether the people in the hospital he volunteered in should be held accountable as they could have stopped it. One part thinks obviously they were wrong for not reporting it but then their superiors could have known and turned a blind eye. The nurses could have known by opening their mouths they would end up without a career.

Did things really work that differently 40 years ago?

I think to a degree it did but surely there must of been ways. And it wasnt all 40 years ago, what about the ones since then? 24 years since crime stoppers started, why not ring them? Or the the NSPCC? That has been around forever. I think that people are making it all too easy for this people to say we stood by because.... to me it is never acceptable.

Morally its wrong to stand by and have let this continue.

I cant get my head around how they really justified it but they must have somehow.

I couldnt stand by and let that happen, if I wanted to keep my job I would have reported it anon but I couldnt live with myself knowing I kept a job over someone being molested, jobs not worth it.

I'm just amazed how many and the profiles of some of the celebrities who knew about all of this.
Esther Ranzen ( who looked genuinely upset) knew about them and even had a photo session with him after his knighthood . Janet street porter, a Huge female journo you'd have thought would have jumped at a story like this.
There's 25 allegations now, there must be hundreds if it went on over years.
I've always thought him an oddball but his eyes do look like that of someone not right if that makes sense.

I find it odd he worked with so many children yet he had so many promo shots nearly naked sitting provocatively.

I find it odd he worked with so many children yet he had so many promo shots nearly naked sitting provocatively.

Eeergh yes, everyone seems to say if they'd interviewed him that he always insisted it be on a bed under the covers ect. I'd be interested to see a few Jimll fix its just out of curiousity if he was doing it blatantly in camera but I get head fucked after stuff like that .

I was getting ready for bed, and couldn't stop thinking about this. I was abused and have never told anyone in RL beside my dh because of being afraid no one would believe. Some of these girls told and were made out to be liars and yet now are hearing that so many people knew, so many people stood by. How do you get past that? I'm not sure I could, I would never trust again I don't think.

I don't think this story will go away quickly or quietly. I watched the programme last week and it made me feel sick to my stomach, the girls at the school :cry:

I think it's fair, I mean everyone should know what kind of man he really was
And hugs to all the victims of abuse, it must not be easy at all :hugs2:

Speaking as someone who has been through this I personally would have been thanking my lucky stars he was finally dead and I would keep my mouth shut. I'm still waiting for my abuser to die. I spoke out and there was a court case in 2010 which I lost :nope: I wish I had never done it but I did it to protect someone else.

I can't understand why these women would do this now. I understand the fear of no-one believing you and if it's true I imagine that fear is 100x worse when the media etc are involved but what good will come from this? It cannot be proven either way I don't think. The man is gone, he looks slimey but that doesn't mean he ever abused anyone.

Speaking from my experience with what happened to me I would have just left well alone. I understand this is not the opinion of others and :hugs: to those who have been abused too.

That's the point sequeena some of them did speak out, but it was kept hush hush cos of the charity work he did. Why should he be remembered as some sort of saint and have a knighthood if he did such awful things?

That's the point sequeena some of them did speak out, but it was kept hush hush cos of the charity work he did. Why should he be remembered as some sort of saint and have a knighthood if he did such awful things?

Ah I see. I do not know the full story it's a bit too close at home. I'm all for everyone having their justice but I do not know how this will be proven - I do hope it can be but I am bitter and have no faith in the justice system. They are useless and cause more harm than help :nope:

Ah I see. I do not know the full story it's a bit too close at home. I'm all for everyone having their justice but I do not know how this will be proven - I do hope it can be but I am bitter and have no faith in the justice system. They are useless and cause more harm than help :nope:

I am so so sorry that you have had such an awful experience. :( :hugs:

I think that we have to keep fighting, though. If we don't investigate and try to bring abusers to justice, then they just keep getting stronger. To me, it doesn't matter that he is dead. What matters is that the victims get the help and closure they need AND that those who looked the other way are also made to pay a price. Doctors, nurses, teachers, journalists, etc - many have professional oaths that require them to help protect the young, vulnerable people in their care. I hope that any inquiries address the systemic nature of the "cover-up", so to speak, and make some changes to further protect everyone from such predators.
That is the good that we can hope may come from this.

I'm worried they won't and will be branded liars. The shame of that haunts me but can't imagine it with journalists, cameras, people shouting abuse at you etc. that would just push me over the edge.

Totally agree Sarah, we need to make changes so that it never happens again. Also it looks like there are other people implicated in this, so if they are guilty then I hope they get prison.

Sequeena :hugs: I think the media is already convinced of his guilt.

I just hope (well not hope but you know what I mean) its true. I'll be staying well away from this story I think.

I'm off for my first counselling session now. Am panting myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->