Journey to a healthier You!

BabyLove19

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
In going on a holiday in November to go meet my OHs mom for the first time and this will be his first time seeing his mom in 5 years. And iv recently decided that within the five months till we leave I want to loose 40 pounds and i plan on doing so with a vegetarian diet and excessive exercise and I was looking for someone who maybe has the same short term goal as me or maybe close and we could be workout/diet buddies and weigh in every Friday with me :happydance: but even after my goal I plan on furthering my weightloss till I am satisfied with my weight and body image!
So if you want support, encouragement, and a friend please join me and we can share tips and tricks:winkwink:
weigh loss chart

1. :happydance:BabyLove19:thumbup:
    Start July 21,2011 end November 21,201.
    Start weight:225.0 or 16st 1.1lb goal:180
    First weight in: -3
    Second weight in:-1.5

:happydance:hardworknmama:thumbup:
    Start July 26,2011
    Start weight:140 goal:120
    First weight in: -1
    Second weight in: STS

:happydance:Letia659:thumbup:
    Start July 23,2011 end November 14,2011
    Start weight: 226 goal: 200 or below
    First weight in: -1

:bunny:We got this ladys! :thumbup:

I will join you. I stepped on the scale at my mom's yesterday and was not happy with the number that I saw. I am also unhappy with the way I look naked in front of a mirror so I decided that I just need to bite the bullet and start doing something about it. My plan is to start next Monday and work out three nights a week after I get off work for about an hour. I don't have an end date in mind for when I need to have lost the weight by but my weightloss goal is 20 pounds. My starting weight is 140 and I would like to get down to 120, lose the love handles and the giant pooch that my boys gave me. :haha:
Good luck to you, I know you can reach your goal. :thumbup:

P.S. Where in Nevada are you? I have been to Vegas 3 times but I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the state.

Yay!:happydance:
Yeah I hear you I really want to look in the mirror and just be comfortable with my body I have such low confidence in myself and everyone says how I don't look near as big a I make myself out to be but I feel gross an I just don't want to feel that I feel as tho I have tried everything to loose weight so now In gonna change my diet completely and work out harder and stick to it :thumbup:

And thank you, I know you can do it to!! :flower:
And I live in Laughlin, Nevada Which is like 90 miles away from Vegas, iv lived here roughly 10 years and iv been to Vegas once! Lol but I'm 20 so I can't enjoy it yet lol!:blush:

Oh my your a youngin! But less than a year and you can hit up sin city like it's never been hit before! :thumbup:

Your confidence will come back once you start liking what you see. My OH was telling me that I looked fine and I just had to tell him no I don't, not to me I don't. I think that if we stick to our plan then the weight will come off. I was looking up beginners work outs last night during down time at work and I think I have an idea of what to do. I plan on each night doing the treadmill for 30 minutes, crunches, and stretching. I think that's a pretty good start for someone who hasn't worked out in close to 10 years. :haha:
What kind of a work out do you have in mind?

Haha yeah I am :blush: yeah I know I'm excited for that OH promised me a weekend in a highend hotel and gambling for my 21st :thumbup:

Yeah I sure hope so, my OH is always telling me how amazing I look but I just want to feel like it. And for workout well i own an elliptical so I'm thinking 30mins to an hour and crunches and push-ups and streching of course so hopefully that'll help me start shedding of my unwanted pounds!
Your plan sounds great I bet you'll be looking fab in no time :thumbup:

hey we are real close on weight :) Im hoping to get below 200lbs by november 14 my sons 2nd bday! but really would like to be about 190 or lower Im at 226lbs right now and Im watching what I eat and exercising as much as possible going to the gym and doing Zumba classes! I also have a treadmill and elliptical I use at home :)

We are very close in weight and goal weight :happydance:
How do you like zumba? I was considering getting the DVD or going to classes but Idk yet.

Im loving Zumba even though Im not good at dancing I try :haha: Im going to get the Zumba wii game the gym I joined gives the classes on tue and thurs only so I think itd be good to do it at home too :)

Well if you love it and can't dance I should be good I swear I have as much Rythm as a stick :haha:!
I think I'll look into it, I have read some positive things about on the Internet so I am defiantly interested in atleast trying it, I need to add some fun to my workout :thumbup:

its definatly fun Ive never been the type to like exercising but once the 30 min is up Im thinking is it already over! I had been walking an hour on the treadmill and its so boring I just got to where I hated that thing and I cant do more than 10 min on the elliptical at a time Im really out of shape :wacko:

Yeah I completely understand I do my elliptical for roughly 30-60mins and I have to watch tv while I workout just to get through it :blush:!
So I'm deffinetly always looking for ways to switch it up but I'm always really skeptical to try workout DVDs.
And don't worry I'm not very inshape either, when I first bought the elliptical for the first couple of weeks I couldnt stay on longer then 10 mins :haha: but I know that in time we will both be in shape and just going through work-outs like there nothing :flower:

letia, :wave: welcome! Good luck on hitting your goal weight by your LO's birthday, you can do it! :thumbup: On a side note, my oldest's birthday is the 18th of November. Good month for having babies if I do say so myself.

Babylove, look how far you have come already! You are able to stay on the eliptical so much longer now. A night in Vegas for your 21st sounds delightful. :happydance:

As for me I have bought my workout clothes, they are washed and ready to be sweated in. Starting tomorrow my workout clothes will get a workout. :haha:

I don't think I know anyone with a birthday in November but I bet it is a awesome month for having babys:haha:

Thanks hardworknmama:flower: I was on Walmart yesterday and seen some yoga work outs that said loose up to 5 pounds a week so I'm thinking about going and picking up the DVD and a mat tommarow and giving that a go along with my elliptical work out maybe as a warm up :shrug:
Have any of you lovely ladys tried yoga?

And woo hoo for new workout clothes :happydance: I bet the clothes have been long awaiting the workout their gonna get :winkwink:
I believe I need to invest in a more supportive sports bra:blush:

hi hardworknmama :) thanks :flower: we can do this! yes love my November baby my oldest is a September baby and Lily was due in October so I almost had sept oct and Nov babies but we lost her :cry: and all were born in different states Jacob was an AL baby, Zander KY and I had Lily here in TN
I found me some nike workout pants on clearance :happydance: I love them! I dont know if Ill ever make it 30 min on the elliptical that thing kicks my butt :lol:
babylove I have a p90x yoga dvd Ive never tried because I tried the cardio and couldnt get much past the warmup on it :haha: but Ive heard great things about yoga something about it helping with breathing my DH was talking about it the other day I think I might get it out and give it a try this week... I really need to be getting some more workout bras too I have 1 good one and dont like having to keep washing it up daily :lol: and going to Vegas for your 21st sounds awesome :happydance: I want to go there someday!

Sorry about your little :angel:!
Atleast she's watching over you throughout your journey in life:flower:
I feel all left out haha I have these old raggedy workout clothes :blush:
Well tell me how you like it if you end up using it please I wanna try it but I'm still a but skeptical on it.
Yeah I have one good one too and yeah I wash mine everyother day ;)
Yeah I'm excited but it's still about 9 months away I think, and you have to go it gorgeous at night the movies don't do it justice iv only been once but would deff drive through just for all the flashing lights. They are hard to forget!

letia, sorry about your loss. :hugs:

I went ahead and bought 3 sports bras and 3 workout outfits, I just don't have time to do laundry everyday.

So, I did my first workout today. I was way nervous, mainly because I knew some of the guys would be in there and they are all in shape like police officers are supposed to be. Well, of course they were super nice and didn't make me feel self conscious at all so that was nice. I jumped on the treadmill first thing and started walking. I walked slowly for 5 minutes, upped to speed walking for 5 minutes, then ran for 5 minutes, then slowed down to speed walking for another 5 minutes, then a slow walk for the last 5 minutes. I then got down and did crunches doing sets of 10 for a total of 15 minutes. Then I stretched it out and headed to the showers before work. I only worked out for 40 minutes but I thought that was a pretty good start. :thumbup:
I am hoping that over the next 3 or 4 weeks to be able to walk for 5 minutes, run for 20, then walk for 5. I also hope that the crunches will start to work some magic on this flabby stomach I have going on. I felt really good after working out so I hope that keeps me motivated and I continue to work out. I can do this, I can make these changes so that I like what I see in the mirror. :ninja:

So how about you ladies? Have you done any workouts recently?

I just got back did circuit at the gym, 5 min on the bicycle and 5 on elliptical and walk/jog a mile this morning on my treadmill Im using the couch to 5K program so I can hopefully run a 5K by October :) I feel really good on days I work out! sounds like your workout was really good :thumbup: I cant even run 5 min at one time yet :blush: it took me 16 min 40 sec to do the mile and thats my best time yet :lol:

Oh I had to force myself to run the full five minutes, I wanted to stop running after three. :haha: I think having the guys in there pushes me a bit too, like I don't want to look like a total wuss in front of them.
I think you can do the 5K in October, keep at it and stay the course. You will do this! :thumbup:

Great job ladies :thumbup: sounds like both your workout went really well an that your doing really awesome! :)
Letia I believe you will be able to do a 5k run by october :)
And today was a busy day for me I had to help my mom do some things at her house she's sick so I came and cleaned, and then my OHs birthday is the end of this month so we are planning a little party for him!
And I just got home and it's almost 9 do I think I'm gonna do some warm up stretches and push ups and crunches and then go on the elliptical for a 45 walk/jog cycle, then shower and bed!
I'll get on in the morning to se how you Lovley ladys are doing :flower:
Keep up the awesome work ladys and we will reach our goals in no time :happydance:

Hey ladies, how have your work outs gone this week? I worked out yesterday after I got off work, doing the treadmill, eliptical and crunches. I plan on doing crunches again tonight and then working out in the gym again tomorrow night. So far so good on sticking to actually working out. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->