July 1st anyone else in July2013

6am, who knows what time they will start the pitocin. I dread that stuff, but I have no choice with an induction. I pray for a quick birth!!! Only one of mine turned out fast, 4 hours. The rest have been 10 to 14 hours. Ugh! You just get so exhausted after about 8 hours of labor. I can only focus on holding my little man in my arms.

Hi ladies :) I can't believe Lucas is already a week old. He's a very good baby, and usually only cries when he's hungry. He had his first dr appointment on Tuesday, and was only 1 oz shy of his birth weight, so he's doing really well. The kids are so taken by him, it's so wonderful to see. Everything has been so amazing, and I feel so blessed <3 The only hard part is the recovery. I don't do so well with pain, lol. They don't do Tylenol 3's anymore for pain management after a c-section, it's just extra strength Tylenol, so I'm feeling it a lot more. However, it's only been a week, so I know it'll be ok. I'm going to try to attach a couple of pictures of my little froggy...he's so big, he doesn't look like a newborn, lol. I can't imagine how squished he must've felt in my belly....

I hope everyone is hanging in there ok....you're all SO close now, you'll be holding your little ones in no time, and how you feel now won't matter, I promise:)

Good luck tomorrow Julie, will be thinking of you!!

Attachments

• IMG-20130628-01609.jpg
    IMG-20130628-01609.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20130703-01675.jpg
    IMG-20130703-01675.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5
Lucas is such a handsome little man. He is huge. I am glad to hear everyone is good. I can't believe they do not give something stronger for pain. I hope you heal fast.

I can't wait to hold my little man tomorrow.

Congrats Dove!!!! What an exciting week it must have been for you! I hope the pain goes away soon and you are back up feeling 100% :)
Julie, good luck tomorrow!!! Keep us posted when you can!!!!

IV in, 100 questions answered, and LO has moved his head. He is to the right and I am barely a fingertip dilated. They called the Dr waiting to hear what we are doing.

Dove, Lucas is lovely! He is a proper little lad. Hope your recovery is super-speedy.

Julie- all the best for today. I hope everything went perfectly. Looking forward to hearing your news.

Beachgal- there are 5 books in the A Song of Ice & Fire series. I have the first 3. The tv series is sooo gripping that I've had to try the books. The author, George RR Martin is described as the American Tolkien. Hope you're feeling better today.x

Thanks ladies:)

Julie, hope the c-section went well, and you're with your little man:thumbup:

I will have to keep an eye out for the books next time I'm out :)
How is everyone doing?
I went to my friends house to float in her pool. It was so nice to feel weightless and less swollen! I'm going back tomorrow bc it's suppose to be 35 degrees tomorrow - ugh!

Thanks Ladies, How is Julie doing? Has her baby arrived yet? We are finally home from the hospital. I was actually enjoying the time there not having to get up and clean the house or make meals etc. It was hard though to rest as people keep coming in to check your blood pressure or offer you some information about physiotherapy or whatever. I am still on antibiotics and pain killers for the next 5 or so days. Ethan's arrival was pretty rapid. From my first contraction at about 2.30pm until he was in my arms at 10.12pm. My water broke around 8.30pm from bouncing on the ball at the birthing suite and then it wasn't long before Ethan showed up. They had the mirror there for me to see his head kept crowning then sinking back...frustrating but we did not realize how large he would be as I was informed at my last antenatal appointment that he was a week undersize for his due date! Quite glad we decided to head out to the hospital when we did as they are doing roadworks etc and there are sometimes 30min delays to go over a road that normally takes less than 3 mins in good traffic. DH drove me in saying "do I take a left here?" I was like "don't you know the route already?" LOL

Hi ladies. It is 1am here and here too you get woken at all hours. I finally have the strength to write. The whole c-section was fast and pretty much painless. It was towards the end I started throwing up. I could not stop. They gave me meds for it which put me to sleep. I slept and threw up the whole day into the evening. I have yet to hold my baby. They said I had a really bad reaction to the antistatic. I am praying today will be better and I can bond with Stone. He is just perfect and is a red head. They said if I would of had the induction an emergency c-section would of happened. The cord was set to come out first. I did get my tubal so no more babies. My girlfriend posted pics on my Facebook for me. I will try to put some on here later. He was not as big as thought, 8 lbs 10 oz and 21 feet long.
Hope everyone is good.

Wow that was a quick delivery, Libbysmum! I'm hoping mine is something similar. It's amazing how wrong they were about the birth weight. Maybe it was better not to have known anyway.

Good news you planned your trip in well. My hubby went the wrong way to the hospital when we had our false alarm. He was hoping I didn't notice. I said please go right next time because I think things will be a bit more serious then!

Julie your reaction to the drugs sounds awful. Are you feeling ok now? I hope you get to hold Stone soon. I can't wait to see some piccies!

No signs of movement here. But I had my last day of work yesterday and BB got spoiled. So many pressies from friends and colleagues. I will post some piccies of the amazing nappy cake a couple of ladies made. It's so impressive. Like a work of art. I don't want to open it!

Dove- Lucas is gorgeous. Congrats!!

And Congratulations Julie and Libbysmum!!! Very excited for all of you! Looking forward to pics when you have a chance.

Shanoa, beachgal and barbi- how are you all doing?

I'm way behind on the thread so I've only seen the last 2 pages so far...will catch up soon. BUT I have the best possible reason for being behind. After 77 LONG days in the NICU, over 150 trips to the hospital to visit with him, two rounds of antibiotics, a blood transfusion, 50+ different nurses, a paycheck's worth of parking and hospital food, two potential discharge days that have come and gone, countless challenging conversations advocating for his care, many setbacks and heart breaks,...Connor finally came home on Tuesday!!! We are adjusting to and enjoying life as a family outside the confines of a hospital and so thrilled to finally be living under one roof. Here are a couple pics of Connor....our former 3lb 7oz little baby has packed on the pounds and is now 8 1/2 pounds!

Attachments

• MJ4A9079-1.jpg
    MJ4A9079-1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
  • MJ4A8981.jpg
    MJ4A8981.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
FANTASTIC news, Myra! It must be such a welcome relief to know that your (once little) man has developed so well. He's a fighter. If he can win such difficult early battles there will be no stopping him!

Is that it now? Is he back to the standard number of vaccines and tests or do you need special check ups for a little while longer?

Love the piccies. He's such a handsome lad.

I'm waddling along, Myra, thanks for asking. Snoring like a trooper and tossing and turning like I'm on a trampoline (so DH tells me). It will be 30 degrees tomorrow so I will be doing very little other than watching the men's Wimbledon final and napping. I hope everyone else is feeling ok and having a relaxing weekend.x

Congrats Julie on little Stone! I have the same horrible reaction to general anathetic so now I tell the hospital in advance and they put some kind of non-vomit medication in the Iv drip so it prevents it to some degree. I really love that he is a red head! That is so awesome. My nieces are red heads and adorable. My mother and uncle etc are also red heads. It may not carry over to Ethan or Libby as DH has American Indian blood in his veins so his hair is quite dark.
We had a horribly stressful night last night with feeding difficulty. My nipples are so bloody aweful and Ethan is quite a little shark when latching on and did a fair bit of damage already. I couldn't give him the boobs cause they were bleeding so badly and it was quite late in the evening I didn't know if we would find a store that was open that sold formula. DH drove to about 4 different places searching out and finally someone said he could get it maybe at the Night owl store (a bit like 7-11) and he got a pack of infant formula. By the time he got home I was a wreck crying about how I wanted to breast feed and how guilty I was feeling. I was so relieved Ethan drank from the bottle cause I know that can be a challenge in itself. He guzzled down 120mls in a matter of minutes poor baby was so hungry! He burped up a little but I think the majority stayed in his little tummy. Thankfully this morning I successfully got him to feed off both sides of the breasts without making a bloody mess of things. Huzzah!

Myra- fantastic news!!!

My baby boy arrived fast and furious tonight :).
Started contractions at 3:15, got ready for the hospital at 5, left just after 6, checked into assessment room at 7 - 3cm dilated, started passing blood clots in the toilet 45 mins later and contractions every 3-4 mins, then wheeled into a room at 845, IV barely hooked up and at 9:07 said I feel like I have to push, and he was born at 9:17.
No time for drugs, no tears/stitches needed and I feel bizarrely good. I think I'm still in shock though lol.
My little man is sleeping on my chest right now... He's like a slice of heaven.
He weighed 7lbs, 14oz, and all is well.
Ill update more later... After I stop staring at him in awe ;)

Omg congratulations, beachgal! What fantastic news. I'm so happy for you that everything went so smoothly and quickly! And so naturally.

Looking forward to hearing more. Have you decided if he is a Blake or Emerson... Or something else?

Enjoy every minute. Can't wait to see the piccies!x

Guess who is next in her big day????

Myra I love the pic of Connor in his carseat. He just looks so happy. You would not know the struggles little man has been through by looking at him. The family together at home is the best news ever. Congrats!!!

Emily how is Libby reacting to all of this? Hope the breast feeding goes better in time. Ethan is a cutie.

Eileen I still can't get over your delivery. How perfect. You are the poster mom for how all mom's dream of delivering. Please do tell us a name... And a pic.

I hope we get to leave tomorrow. When DH gets here today we are going to give Stone a sponge bath. I just want to sit and hold him.

Hope everyone is fast recovering and enjoying being a mom.

Dove how is everyone adjusting, siblings? You feeling better?

Congrats to you both, Julie, and Beach...

Julie--I hope you're doing well, and were able to hold and feed the baby without having to wait for too long. What an ordeal though! So sorry for the reaction, that is so horrible, glad that part is over.

Beach--what the heck?! Perfect labour! How exciting.

Myra--SO SO happy that you are all home together at last...enjoy it.

Shanoa--any day now:thumbup:

AFM, we're all fabulous, and everyone is in love with Lucas <3

I'm healing mostly ok, but there is one spot, on my left side that still hurts when I try to get out of bed, or use my stomach muscles....if I have any of those left, lol.

Can't wait to see more pictures!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->