• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/August 2023

I’m thinking boy, based on skull and chin shape. No nub pictured unfortunately.

And on other news; guess who has just bought an at-home ultrasound machine that’ll arrive next week? Yep, that’ll be me. :lol:

Oh wow bet that was expensive lol xx

@Jess0685 an at home scan machine? Where would you even order something like that!?? How? i'm sooo curious!! Also...like tdog said, must have cost an arm!
Please send pics!!!

@tdog Canada is SOOO lovely. Depends what you are looking for, we've got prairies, and mountains, and big cities ;)

@sallyhansen76 just somewhere with loads of views but in all honesty I'm not fussy as long as its a nice place for my kids that's all I'm bothered about xx

I’ll be honest… it did cost a fair whack, but it’s our last baby so go big or go home. :lol:
I’m hoping it’s delivered next week and also hoping we can gender the baby ourselves as Mummy and Daddy. <3

@Jess0685 that's so amazing I looked at some and was like erm if I had the money maybe :rofl: xx

Has anyone booked a gender scan? We have booked one for 29th!

We told our kids last night (6+4) and they were super excited! Asking every 5mins if the baby is ok and already arguing over who will hold baby first!
So excited to share this with them! My eldest was only 18m when my youngest was born so he was pretty oblivious!

Has anyone booked a gender scan? We have booked one for 29th!

We told our kids last night (6+4) and they were super excited! Asking every 5mins if the baby is ok and already arguing over who will hold baby first!
So excited to share this with them! My eldest was only 18m when my youngest was born so he was pretty oblivious!

Yea I've booked one for the 25th Feb which is ages away lol, I havent told kids yet I don't want to yet lol x

Aww bless them love it when kids are excited x

The genetic screening they took on Monday has come back with a high chance of Down’s syndrome; even though the fluid on the neck was fine on the ultrasound?

I have now been referred for a NIPT and will have that taken tomorrow. It’ll take 10 working days and has to be sent to London to extract babies DNA from my blood.

Buried my mum yesterday, what else can go wrong? Fed up with all this bad news.

@Jess0685 I'm so sorry love these tests can be wrong tho so fingers crossed that's the case xx

Thanks ladies, just not what I needed the day after laying my mum to rest.

We’ve decided NOT to go ahead with the NIPT test. We’ve waited over four years for this baby, regardless of the result; it wouldn’t change the outcome (we’re having a baby!) and we’re not prepared to terminate even IF the baby has DS. This baby is loved, no matter what. <3

I think for me I would want to mentally prepare myself for what could be, I would be like you tho I wouldn't terminate it would be very much loved no matter the outcome xx

I think for me I would want to mentally prepare myself for what could be, I would be like you tho I wouldn't terminate it would be very much loved no matter the outcome xx

We may* still have the NIPT test, but done privately. I have had a friend go through this, got positive results for both and was under tremendous pressure with each appointment to terminate. She ended up having a baby without DS.
If we pay privately, we’ll know what to expect either way, but without pressure from midwives and consultants to terminate. Xx

We may* still have the NIPT test, but done privately. I have had a friend go through this, got positive results for both and was under tremendous pressure with each appointment to terminate. She ended up having a baby without DS.
If we pay privately, we’ll know what to expect either way, but without pressure from midwives and consultants to terminate. Xx

I would do that route then lovely lady ain't no1 preasurring me to terminate can sod right off xx

@Jess0685 sending huge hugs. We never did testing either for that reason. We’d never terminate for any reason so why have the extra angst. We’d also never do an amino with the m/c risk so that left us at square one. I also really trust the accuracy of the anatomy scan; our midwife said she’s only had one incidence in the last 10 years at their hospital of an anomaly being missed and parents being surprised at birth with a diagnosis the 20-week scan somehow missed. So I rely heavily on that information. Especially with the good n/t measurements I would wager your babe has no genetic issues. Hugs hugs hugs.

@Jess0685 sending huge hugs. We never did testing either for that reason. We’d never terminate for any reason so why have the extra angst. We’d also never do an amino with the m/c risk so that left us at square one. I also really trust the accuracy of the anatomy scan; our midwife said she’s only had one incidence in the last 10 years at their hospital of an anomaly being missed and parents being surprised at birth with a diagnosis the 20-week scan somehow missed. So I rely heavily on that information. Especially with the good n/t measurements I would wager your babe has no genetic issues. Hugs hugs hugs.

I must admit I’ve never bothered before for this particular reason, but given my ‘advanced maternal age’, I just wanted to know this time - for what was supposed to be - peace of mind.

I’d love to say I put my full trust in any scan but they missed my daughters congenital heart defect. She was finally diagnosed aged 5 months old and had to under-go life-saving major open heart surgery aged just 8 months old.

DS babies typically have heart conditions and I’m already referred for a foetal cardiac ultrasound; so hopefully that will give us some peace of mind too. X

@Jess0685 oh no im So sorry for what your daughter went through!! That must have been so traumatic for you!! Yeah I’m 40 and can definitely relate to the advanced age concerns. Sending love <3

Hey ladies hope you are all well? I'm so so ill I have war infection again its so so painful I've been in tears all night and most of today with it :cry: xx

Oh I'm so sorry @tdog. can anything offer relief?

I've put hot compress on it I've used the antiseptic spray the doc gave me, I was at the docs earlier they have swabbed it and he has given me some antibiotics hope it works soon as I'm in so much pain right now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->