• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July/August 2023

Thanks ladies, just not what I needed the day after laying my mum to rest.

We’ve decided NOT to go ahead with the NIPT test. We’ve waited over four years for this baby, regardless of the result; it wouldn’t change the outcome (we’re having a baby!) and we’re not prepared to terminate even IF the baby has DS. This baby is loved, no matter what. <3

Hi Jess

It’s very difficult for me to come into the due date groups since my miscarriage last June, and still stuck ttc. But I had to reach out to you,

I had the exact same thing with my son,
we was ttc for nearly a year and I had 4 chemical pregnancies b4 I finally fell with him,
Then I finally have my 12 week dating scan and screening tests, the scan went so well and everything looked perfect. His measurements was well within range, think it was 2.0. Any way I had the bloods done and 3 days later I had the dreaded call to tell me my son had a high risk result for downs. 1 in 33.
I know exactly how your feeling right now and its awful,

Was offered tests but some had a MC risk so I didn’t want to risk it,
I did go for the nipt test and again the scan was perfect. He even gave us a little wave as if to tell us he was ok.
Any way they took bloods and I had to wait 2 weeks for the results, sadly they came back inconclusive.
I then had a gender scan at 16 weeks and they took more bloods. Waited another 2 weeks only be told it was inconclusive.
I was so sad not knowing.
I then was told I had to wait for my 20 week scan, where they check the heart and kidneys and brain and everything and sometimes babies with DS will show some markers.
That scan came around and it went so well. He didn’t have any markers for DS. But I was told that not all DS markers will show up in a scan.
I’m not going to lie I spent my whole pregnancy worrying, we decided to book a 4d scan when I was 31 weeks and we got to see his face and after that I felt alot more relaxed,
But still wouldn’t know for sure until he was born,
He was born completely healthy.
I was 41 at the time and I was told that that screening test can be wrong, and in my case it was.

we also had a lady that was only in her early 30s get a 1 in 2 chance, so a lot higher risk than I was.
She went for the nipt test and her results from that came back low risk. 1 in 10 thousand.
So that first screening was very wrong with her.

I hope this gives u some comfort,
I know it won’t stop you worrying. But I hope it helps even just a little bit,

we have been ttc again for 11 months now and the miscarriage was back in June,
Nothing but BFNs since. but if I do get blessed with my rainbow. And I hope and pray I do.
I will have the screening again esp being 43 now, but if I get another high risk for downs I won’t be having any further tests.
You see people with DS being actors and there’s even one that’s a dr,
A lady on here had a DS baby and he was beautiful.
He is the cutest.

but I pray your baby will be completely healthy, that’s all we all want at the end of the day.
I couldn’t care less about gender etc, just as long as I fall with a healthy baby.
Praying your sweet little one will be completely healthy love,
Sorry about the long post but I just had to reach out. Sending so much love your way,

Last edited:
It's so tricky with screening. For me personally I'd prefer to know, purely so it wasn't a surprise on delivery day and didn't distract from any joy. I'm also the kind of person who likes to read up and know everything to feel prepared.

Hi Jess

It’s very difficult for me to come into the due date groups since my miscarriage last June, and still stuck ttc. But I had to reach out to you,

I had the exact same thing with my son,
we was ttc for nearly a year and I had 4 chemical pregnancies b4 I finally fell with him,
Then I finally have my 12 week dating scan and screening tests, the scan went so well and everything looked perfect. His measurements was well within range, think it was 2.0. Any way I had the bloods done and 3 days later I had the dreaded call to tell me my son had a high risk result for downs. 1 in 33.
I know exactly how your feeling right now and its awful,

Was offered tests but some had a MC risk so I didn’t want to risk it,
I did go for the nipt test and again the scan was perfect. He even gave us a little wave as if to tell us he was ok.
Any way they took bloods and I had to wait 2 weeks for the results, sadly they came back inconclusive.
I then had a gender scan at 16 weeks and they took more bloods. Waited another 2 weeks only be told it was inconclusive.
I was so sad not knowing.
I then was told I had to wait for my 20 week scan, where they check the heart and kidneys and brain and everything and sometimes babies with DS will show some markers.
That scan came around and it went so well. He didn’t have any markers for DS. But I was told that not all DS markers will show up in a scan.
I’m not going to lie I spent my whole pregnancy worrying, we decided to book a 4d scan when I was 31 weeks and we got to see his face and after that I felt alot more relaxed,
But still wouldn’t know for sure until he was born,
He was born completely healthy.
I was 41 at the time and I was told that that screening test can be wrong, and in my case it was.

we also had a lady that was only in her early 30s get a 1 in 2 chance, so a lot higher risk than I was.
She went for the nipt test and her results from that came back low risk. 1 in 10 thousand.
So that first screening was very wrong with her.

I hope this gives u some comfort,
I know it won’t stop you worrying. But I hope it helps even just a little bit,

we have been ttc again for 11 months now and the miscarriage was back in June,
Nothing but BFNs since. but if I do get blessed with my rainbow. And I hope and pray I do.
I will have the screening again esp being 43 now, but if I get another high risk for downs I won’t be having any further tests.
You see people with DS being actors and there’s even one that’s a dr,
A lady on here had a DS baby and he was beautiful.
He is the cutest.

but I pray your baby will be completely healthy, that’s all we all want at the end of the day.
I couldn’t care less about gender etc, just as long as I fall with a healthy baby.
Praying your sweet little one will be completely healthy love,
Sorry about the long post but I just had to reach out. Sending so much love your way,

Thank you so much for reaching out to me. <3 I had been TTC for over four years so completely understand that you try not to look at these types of threads but I’m thankful you did and you’ve made contact.

I am so sorry for the extra worry you’ve had to go through with your son, and it’s also really annoying that both NIPT’s came back as inconclusive. I’m relieved you gave birth to a healthy boy and in shock at the younger person who was given a 1 in 2 chance but then got the good news that that test was wildly inaccurate.

Your reply has instilled further hope and brings me a lot of peace.
I wish you every success and sticky baby dust in your journey. This is our final baby and I’ll be 38 in March. <3

@MrsLux, We haven’t completely ruled out further screening, but anything we will do will be done privately and for our peace of mind only, so we can prepare either way. We have declined further testing on the NHS as I refuse to be put under the tremendous amount of pressure at each appointment to terminate. What ever the results; it doesn’t change the outcome. We are having a baby of whom we already love very much. DS or not - they’ll be a welcome and final addition to our family.

@Jess0685 not going to lie reading that made me cry that is exactly how I feel xx

I wouldn’t judge you if you didn’t, we’re all in this together to support each other, without any judgement. <3

Have you been at the doctors for more treatment? You shouldn’t be put through this pain with your ear! <3 xx

I wouldn’t judge you if you didn’t, we’re all in this together to support each other, without any judgement. <3

Have you been at the doctors for more treatment? You shouldn’t be put through this pain with your ear! <3 xx

They said there is nothing more they can do with me being pregnant and diabetic I'm limited what can have, but now tooth ache aswell and nowhere is taking patients :cry: xx

1am and I'm still awake nervous I have my scan again today and testing I should be about 13 weeks (hello 2nd tri) my scan is at 12:25 just hope baby cooperates lol xx

1am and I'm still awake nervous I have my scan again today and testing I should be about 13 weeks (hello 2nd tri) my scan is at 12:25 just hope baby cooperates lol xx

Good luck at the scan and do let me know how you get on. I’m so sorry they can’t do more for you, I really hope it settles soon for you and the toothache!

An hour to go ladies why am I so so nervous lol xx

@sallyhansen76 I have a feeling its a girl but I did put it on a gender site and they said looks boy :shrug: but I think deep down it is a boy if I'm honest xx

For the ladies starting 2nd Tri, how is your MS? I had HG with my first and currently on diclectin with this one, on the count of loosing too much weight.

I'm hoping since it isn't as bas as with my first, that it'll ease off during 2nd Tri.
These pills make me a complete nob, and drowsy. I want off them. lol

@sallyhansen76 haven't yet told kids :blush: I think I was to scared to tell them tbh :cry: I may wait a little longer as I'm not even showing yet which for me is strange lol xx

As for the ms I still have it not actually throwing up but not really able to eat because of it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->