July/August 2023

I asked my husband to do the exact same thing. We used a disposable sterile glove, spoiler alert - men really have no clue what’s what down there, even with guidance. He felt a pulsing and thought it was closed. I’ve had many pregnancies, I highly doubt my cervix is closed. When I’m not pregnant, I have a retroverted uterus so I too can’t reach or check it.

As for your in laws, sod ‘em. Baby will come when baby is entirely ready to and you’re not on their schedule. Where do they leave to? Holiday or going home? If they miss it, they miss it…

My boys always keep me waiting until 41+2 and nothing, but nothing worked and I tried it all!

Orgasms and breast pumps definitely help though.

Sorry didn’t see this message. Hahaha yes I showed my husband a pic of a cervix and he said it’s a bit alien lol.
Yeah true. Going home and prob won’t see them for a year or so. But like you said I can’t do much about babies time table.

Im getting contractions every 10 mins-15 mins still. They seem pretty convincing so hopefully it’s it. Still early labour though it’s painful and radiates through back but can still talk through them. And not regular still. Like it will be 10 mins for an hour and then go back to 15 ect. And then the last one was extra painful and was only 5 mins. So confusing!!!
12 midday and started dull pains at 5:30 that have progressed to more painful

Babies head has moved from being on the right hand side to now on the left hand side, his spine is on the top part so he’s looking down, though still transverse.

Here’s hoping he’s on his way down. *fingers crossed*.
Sounds like he’s trying to move around. I hope he does for you xxx

@MumwithPCOS hope these turn onto something for you have everything tightly crossed xx

3:56am and can't sleep dam it lol xx

Thanks ladies just in the labour ward atm. About 6 mins apart. But haven’t been checked yet. Still not 100% sure but back is killing me coz he’s back to back maybe why things are moving a bit slow xxxx

Horrible day Yesterday, woke up completely unable to stand unaided, felt dizzy and nauseous and couldn't open my right eye. Genuinely thought I'd had a stroke.
Went to hospital, saw a Dr who sent me strait to labour triage. They had no clue so had to call medical. Turns out I have Labrynthitis. Easy fix with medication, however unfortunately all the medication options are contraindicated in third trimester as dangerous for baby. I was desperate for them to start my induction early but they weren't willing. Sent me home in home I feel better for Fridays planned induction. I've slept for 16hrs and feel mildly better just so exhausted

Horrible day Yesterday, woke up completely unable to stand unaided, felt dizzy and nauseous and couldn't open my right eye. Genuinely thought I'd had a stroke.
Went to hospital, saw a Dr who sent me strait to labour triage. They had no clue so had to call medical. Turns out I have Labrynthitis. Easy fix with medication, however unfortunately all the medication options are contraindicated in third trimester as dangerous for baby. I was desperate for them to start my induction early but they weren't willing. Sent me home in home I feel better for Fridays planned induction. I've slept for 16hrs and feel mildly better just so exhausted

aw no I can’t believe they wouldn’tinduce earlier. Sorry you feeling so rubbish xxxxx
You’ll probably have bubs before me I got sent home as I’m not even 2 cm dilated but super painful contractions still :( gonna try and get the baby to move from posterior. See if that helps

Awwww no @MrsLux hope you feel better soon that must have been scary for you can't believe they wouldn't induce early tho that's a bit crap xx

@MumwithPCOS oh never the way you were saying your contractions were I thought you might have been more, I agree with @Jess0685 try a ball if you have one should bring him down xx

Aw ladies 4 hours active labour!!!! . just exactly right girls his head was going down but then slacking off again. 7lb 11 ounces and sooo worth it all <3 I’ll spam you later with some pics xxx

Congratulations! <3

Last midwife appointment today! They weighed me...I refused to look!!

4 days and counting til go time eeeek!

Doctor came round this morn, Friday is eviction notice if he don't come himself before then, I was having regular tightenings last night but fizzled today:shrug: but they keeping me in until he here also, had a growth scan and he perfect estimated weight 6lb 1oz atm I no they can be way off tho xx

We could be labour buddies on Friday then @tdog

I've just had a Clary sage oil bath and put my pump on for a few mins for the first time!

Yay it’s gonna be a busy week with these babies then so excited to see them!

just thought I’d share my positive birth story to pass your time.

He’s been amazing but obviously night and day are mixed up so last night I didn’t get much sleep.

Started contractions 5:30am got progressively worse but irregular. Went to hospital to 5:30 Pm but it was insanely busy and waiting two hours in birthing suit to get examined. But I did tell them I was in early labour still. Every 6-10 minutes and irregular.
At 7:00 the midwife just stuck fingers in and out soooo quick I swear she didn’t check and said im only 2 cms so not in labour! She said doesn’t mean might not have baby tonight but doesn’t look like anything is happening. So I got sent home with the instructions to come back every 3-5 mins. That happened in car on way back home and my husband wanted to turn back but I said no I’d hate to here I’m only 2 cms again lol. Came home had a nice bath for 10 mins and then started screaming I want to go hospital so he said yep let’s go. Live 25 mins away.

On way back to hospital on highway there was a 10 car accident and traffic was at a stand still with lights everywhere. I’ve heard 11 people injured. At the time I was just thinking of own situation tho so was just able to do a UTurn and go long way to hospital.

when we got there was 9 cms. ( had a beautiful midwife this time) Slow early labour was unusual for me because apparently there was a lot of membrane between exit and head. They said I’d possibly give birth in sac which freaked me a lil lol. jumped in bath didn’t feel comfortable to push til 11pm which is normal for me. I got to deliver my own baby in water birth which Ive always wanted to do. It was of-course so painful but so beautiful n special. Loved my midwives and hubby was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->