July Babies!

Thanks. The GP was very kind and reckons it's SPD. Also got to hear baby's HB so at least I know that they are ok. Have spent the day dosed up on co-codamol on the sofa with a hot water bottle and can now walk which is a massive improvement. Hoping it gets better or at least no worse as I have a busy job and an exam in 11 days and couldn't concentrate to revise today because of the pain.
On the plus side am seeing my mummy and sister tomorrow - had no time just the 3 of us since mums cancer was diagnosed so we can have a good catch up. My sister also hasn't seen me since I was 12 weeks so she will be quite shocked by the bump I expect!

ok girls, I want to get other peoples opinion before I send it to family..SO.. this is our second child... are we being really selfish in asking for a baby "sprinkle" to get clothes and diapers and little things? we have kept everything of our DDs baby furniture; crib,stroller,carseat,swing etc.. but its been 4 years since we have needed newborn clothes!!! What do you girls think? would we be selfish asking for those little things?

Nope! I'm doing the same thing.....I had a DS 5yrs ago, but need those little things as well....even if I had had a girl before, I would need as I either gave them away or they were soiled.....so I vote on it not being selfish

I'm from England where you don't really have showers, but I now live in Australia where baby showers are very common. A friend recently had her second child. It was a girl and her first was a boy, and it it was 9 years after the first. At the time it never even occurred to me that this was her second so maybe she shouldn't have a shower. Each baby is individual and exciting. I think real friends will be thrilled to throw another party with little gifts, I know I would be.

I have seen sprinkles being done...usually thrown by a family member.

We dont have baby showers really, although id we did, id have one! Its a good way to get some presents and must save you a bit of money... things are so expensive! Plus its a nice way to celebrate the imminent arrival!

On another topic, ive been looking at papayas today in the supermarket. They are DEFINITELY smaller than cantaloupe melons... whats going on with the ticker?? Or are my local papayas just smaller than average? Glad to be a papaya though.. time is going a little quicker now...

Bunnikins I was thinking the same thing about these fruit sizes

I also think the fruit sizes are a bit odd! The fruit also changes every week till 22 weeks as its papaya at 22 & 23 weeks. I was gutted as I love the change of fruit day ha ha x

I think 24 is still papaya too. No changes til 25 weeks which feels like ages...
Hip better today :happydance: I'm so pleased and hope it means it was a strain rather than SPD. Fingers crossed anyway.
Feeling otherwise pretty good. Bought a v shaped pillow today so working and revising has been more comfy and hopefully will sleep better too. Have this whole week off to revise too before my exam on the 20th. So ready to get my life back!

ok girls, I want to get other peoples opinion before I send it to family..SO.. this is our second child... are we being really selfish in asking for a baby "sprinkle" to get clothes and diapers and little things? we have kept everything of our DDs baby furniture; crib,stroller,carseat,swing etc.. but its been 4 years since we have needed newborn clothes!!! What do you girls think? would we be selfish asking for those little things?

I don't think that is selfish! Check your car seat though. They do expire. I'm keeping Bryelle's stuff for Reaghan and if anyone asks if they can buy I will just say clothes or diapers. We did not have a shower for Bryelle and I don't want one for this one either.

I also think the fruit sizes are a bit odd! The fruit also changes every week till 22 weeks as its papaya at 22 & 23 weeks. I was gutted as I love the change of fruit day ha ha x

I think there's a problem with the ticker when it gets to 22 weeks (I've seen tat happen to quite a few other people too) because if you look on the actual site there are different fruits between 22 and 25 weeks.

We dont have baby showers really, although id we did, id have one! Its a good way to get some presents and must save you a bit of money... things are so expensive! Plus its a nice way to celebrate the imminent arrival!

On another topic, ive been looking at papayas today in the supermarket. They are DEFINITELY smaller than cantaloupe melons... whats going on with the ticker?? Or are my local papayas just smaller than average? Glad to be a papaya though.. time is going a little quicker now...

there was a papaya in our supermarket the other day that was HUGE! I nearly bought it to show DH. I'm sure the baby isn't that big already. i'm not sure if that's the normal size for a papaya though, or whether it was just a mutant!

Beanhunter, I hope you had a great day with your mom and sister. I love those catching-up times.

Frisbee, I don't think you're being selfish at all. We don't have showers here either, but friends and family will usually buy gifts of newborn and other items for every new baby.

23 weeks today! Think I'm finally showing rather than looking like I've eaten too many pies....still about 4lbs below pre pregnancy weight but baby growing and active so not worried.
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/elliejesky/548fde1a.jpg
Sorry it's massive - can't resize on my iPhone.

They do recommend not using a carseat over four years old.

I HATED DS's carseat and gave it to my nephew when he was born. It was so MASSIVE and I had to sit on the dash!!! I am buying the big stuff and will hope friends and family will do something for clothes (not expecting it tho as no one has said anything). My mom suggested that I let my daughter wear my son's clothes...ummm even if we kept them, that wouldn't happen. I gave them away to people that could use them as we just don't have the storage space!! She isn't goign to dress like a boy :/.

I plan to buy things starting at the end of march. I will be past 24 weeks then. I plan on buying her travel crib and swing in april. Her carseat/stroller in May and her crib in June.

I thought about switching the last two but not sure? We didn't get my son's stroller/carseat until 34 weeks. If I ordered it in June, it won't come until mid june and then I will be 36 weeks. As she is sleeping in her travel crib during the night, I find the big crib of less importance, what do you ladies think?

youre so tiny beanhunter!! hahaha I feel so large now! oh well at least I havent seen the number go up on the scale yet!
Majm I didnt know that about the carseat... what makes it "expire" ? I figured it was securely made.. its the little infant rear facing seat. Hmmm Ill have to look at it when we go visit our family in a week because thats where we have everything from 4 years ago stored :haha:

overcomer, we use a bassinet for the first few months too so we arent getting this one a crib until we move in December hahaha

youre so tiny beanhunter!! hahaha I feel so large now! oh well at least I havent seen the number go up on the scale yet!
Majm I didnt know that about the carseat... what makes it "expire" ? I figured it was securely made.. its the little infant rear facing seat. Hmmm Ill have to look at it when we go visit our family in a week because thats where we have everything from 4 years ago stored :haha:

Here hon! I googled this info for you about carseat expiration. Makes sense really once you read it! :thumbup:

https://baby.about.com/od/healthandsafety/f/car_seat_expiration.htm

beanhunter, you are too adorable! :hugs:

overcome79, I bought a couple packages of diapers (great deal) and a couple things here and there. We have mainly clothes from Bryelle but we need newborn to 12 months cuz I sold them before we found out I was pg. :lol: :(

Some car seats also have an expiry sticker on the side, bottom or on the tag

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->