July Babies!

You don't look massive at all? People are just rude! Last week I got told I was tiny and massive within about 10 minutes! Find it very odd that because I'm pregnant everyone can suddenly have the divine right to comment on your figure!

I need some help girls. We went pram shopping yesterday and it was a nightmare! I thought it would be easy but nothing really fitted the bill. I Wang something fairly light, EASY to fold and with option for a carrycot. We liked the quinny buzz but it doesn't fold that small and only folds with the seat on in the forward facing position. The city jogger was so easy to fold but looked horrid with the carrycot/car seat attached and can't parent face. Icandy strawberry is pretty but so expensive and I'm not sure any better than the quinny esp considering it'd be around £200 more. Also saw the oyster but prefer the buzz. Going in search of a mamas and papas to look at the zoom and sola today and hopefully a Phil and teds but no idea if they will be better???? Really thought I'd fall in love with one and feel quite disappointed.
What do you ladies have this time and what have you had before?
Thanks.

I've got the candy strawberry but luckily got a really good deal. My second choice was thr oyster. Don't worry I felt the same as you it took me ages to choose.

My sister has phil and teds and absolutely loves it! My sister in law has the bugaboo frog but got hers on eBay for £200! The silvercross ones are nice too.

Keep looking you'll find the one xx

We had/have a basic mother care buggy (4 and a half years old now!) but we have just had to buy a double, so we have a silvercross pop duo, unfortunately it does take ages to find a buggy that you love, just go EVERYWHERE possible to look and try every buggy you can, I found picking the right buggy harder than picking out my wedding dress!! :rofl: good luck xxx

we've bought the mamas and papas sola (was quite the mission, there turned out to be only one in the whole of western australia but i got all patriotic and really wanted an english pram)
i really like it, but i don't know how it would compare to most of the others, the only other one i got to try was the oyster (which i quite liked but dh didn't). living in country WA there's only a limitted selection of baby things around. we're not getting the carrycot for the sola since it lies flat, and we have a moses basket for at home or at friend's houses etc.
the sola is like the quinny buzz in that it doesn't fold properly in the rear facing position. it does sort of fold down though, or it is super easy to change.
hel_5 i know what you mean, picking a wedding dress was WAY easier than picking a pram. i'm still not entirely sure we have the right one, but i'm just really happy to be able to tick one more big thing off the baby list. all we have left big stuff wise to buy now is a car seat. oh, and a car to put it in!! (mine is too small for a baby apparantly!)

Im huge! :) Ill take a picture later, looking back at pictures of my first pregnancy im the same size now as i was at about 32 weeks the first time!

We've pretty much decided on the Sola too - it doesn't fold that small but it's so easy to click everything in and out

so we just got back from our booking in appointment at the hospital, and i am totally overwhelmed with all the info. i have a stack of leaflets about a metre high to get through. exciting, but overwhelming.
anyway, i have a confession to make. my due date is now officially 29th june, so i'm not a july baby anymore. please can i stay here??

ooh, i just realised that my new date puts me in third tri. eep!

No albs, you must leave. Now. :sulk:

:haha: Of course you can stay! Besides, you never know baby could be late and be a July baby after all ;) But im not impressed at you jumping to 3rd tri, thats cheating! :haha: Yaaaay for 3rd tri!

As promised, 25+2 bump. Im definitely not part of the small bump group :haha:

Attachments

• WP_000219.jpg
    WP_000219.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
I need to post a bump pic soon so that you can see Im going to be ginormous!! and Im only 23 weeks and 6 days!!!!

Currently sat at the hospital having a glucose tolerance test. Yuck. Stupid PCOS for making me have to have it. Baby crazy active at the moment and ripping my stomach muscles in two - so sore!
I'm a bridesmaid on Saturday at my sisters wedding so looking forward to that. Hoping people realise I'm pregnant not just fat in my dress and don't really feel that confident at the moment in my body.
Also (warning poss tmi) but I had a bit of leaking from my boobs last night. Took me by suprise as I wasn't expecting it yet. Is it normal this early? I was a bit freaked out by it tbh.
Still no further forward on prams but a friend said we can borrow her mothercare my4 for the first few months as a pram so that will save some money and give us more time to make a decision.
How is everyone else?

beanhunter - i've got my glucose test next week. had one a few years ago (thanks again to PCOS) and it was yuck. and i'm sure you're going to look fabulous as a bridesmaid! you've got such a neat little bump.
i read on my ipod pregnancy app that boob leakage can happen anytime now. to be honest i'm getting freaked out by boobs at the mo. mine aren't leaking, but i've been researching into breastfeeding and it's so weird! don't get me wrong, i fully intend to do it, and i'm booking into a class run by the australian breastfeeding association, but at the same time it's still totally freaking me out!

Yeah leaking boobs are normal - it's just another one of those wonderful preggers things!!

I'm so lucky to have escaped the glucose test - I hate lucozade (sp?)

Albs if you have any questions about bfing fire away, I bf both of my girls x

I believe here in the US everyone does the glucose test mine is in 4 weeks. YUCK

try4girl mine is in 4 weeks too :( Im NOT excited at all but I LOVE the way my midwives office does it, I get to have it here at the house and drink it before my appt so I dont have to sit and wait an hour at the office! YAY! I only have to do the 1 hour, definitely dont want the 3 :sick:

Enjoy being bridesmaid beanhunter that's really exciting. Hope everyones glucose tests go well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->