July Babies!

Passed the GD test. That drink was terrible. I didn't feel like eating the rest of the day!

I am really looking forward to bf'ing. Cannot wait to bond with wee one. I also have my Gestational Glucose Tolerance Test in 2 weeks.

So I went back to have a redo of my 3D scan. Baby is still head up, feet down and facing my spine. Not a position for good face pictures, so I go back in a month. Hopefully she will turn.

I haven't been around in a while, we are completely gutting the only bathroom in our house, so needless to say I have been super busy. I did go back and read the last few pages to hopefully catch up on everyone.

I have a silly question. Have any of you changed Doctors? I am high risk (type 2 diabetic) and when I found out I was pregnant the Prenatal center I went to sent me to St. Louis (1 1/2 hours away) to a high risk clinic. I was willing to do whatever they thought I should do because I had suffered a miscarriage right before this pregnancy, and I was freaking out. I have been going to this high risk Dr. my entire pregnancy. I have yet to even see a Dr. They have a huge rotation of "Interns" and I saw a different person every appointment until I threw a fit and they started having me see the same Nurse Practitioner each time. These appointments consist of showing a nutritionist my food logs and listening to baby's heartbeat.

Now, I'm all for doing whatever is necessary to make sure my baby is healthy, but I am starting to get really frustrated. I am there for at least 5 hours every time I go. Then I speak to the nurse for 5 min. and the Nutritionist for 5 min. I have been diabetic for a long time, so I know how to control my sugar and do a great job of it. My OH just changed jobs and works M-Th now. My appointments have to be on Mondays or Thursdays because they only see diabetic patients those days. That means my OH will miss EVERY appointment I have from here on out. In a few weeks I have to start going twice a week. One of these appointments will include an ultrasound each week, but the other one will just be routine.

I REALLY don't want to drive an hour and a half twice a week ALONE to sit there for 5 hours minimum. School here lets out for the summer in the middle of May, so this will mean dragging the other kids with me for a full day Dr. visit twice a week also. There is another hospital that is 10 min. from where I live. I'm very seriously considering calling them up and talking to them about their high risk program. I hate to switch Drs this late in the game, but I honestly have yet to see a Dr. anyway, just the Nurse Practitioner and some Interns.

I am so frustrated and I don't know what I should do. Am I crazy to even think about switching? I just don't know if I can make that trip twice a week (gas is SO expensive!) alone or dragging two kids who will be crazy by the time it's over.

I just need advice. What would you guys do?

Ali what a headache for you. I would definitely look into switching. Calling your local hospital just to ask for details wouldn't hurt and then you can make an informed decision. Good luck hun x

It DEFINITELY wont hurt to look around and get the information from other dr offices and hospitals. This is YOUR care and YOUR baby.. dont settle!

i just wanted to say how friendly this thread is. since my due date was changed to june 29th i popped over to a june babies thread and nobody even said hi. so i'm afraid you guys are stuck with me and my ramblings!
hope everyone is feeling ok with their glucose tests. i should have really had mine this week but was just too busy with the last week of school, and now everything is closed for easter until tuesday.
HarrietO i would def at least look around and make enquiries about changing docs. it's about what you're comfortable with.

Harriet I agree with albs!

Haha albs you are stuck with us :)

Youre so silly albs! You dont know, your baby might come 2 days late! then it will be July 1st! haha its only a 2 day difference between your date and July! Of course we still want you here!!!!

Don't leave albs!
I'm off to my sisters in a few hrs for her wedding! Hope I don't look like a whale in my bridesmaids dress....

hehe, i wasn't going to leave, just thought i could play in both places.
have a fabulous time at the wedding beanhunter.

July is best! you wont look like a whale beanhunter. I, however, went out last night all dressed up and looked quite whale-like. I got asked a few times "whens it due" and got a look of surprise when saying i had 3 months left. Albs i just noticed ur 28 weeks and still an eggplant! That means i must have 2 more weeks of egg plant-ness. Im most disappointed in that ticker! xx

Albs i just noticed ur 28 weeks and still an eggplant! That means i must have 2 more weeks of egg plant-ness. Im most disappointed in that ticker! xx

i know what you mean. we're papayas for weeks on end, and then eggplants for weeks. strange when i keep reading that the baby has a huge growth spurt about now. around 24 - 28 weeks they double in weight. (maybe that's why i'm so hungry all the time!! or maybe i'm just a pig)

Albs i just noticed ur 28 weeks and still an eggplant! That means i must have 2 more weeks of egg plant-ness. Im most disappointed in that ticker! xx

i know what you mean. we're papayas for weeks on end, and then eggplants for weeks. strange when i keep reading that the baby has a huge growth spurt about now. around 24 - 28 weeks they double in weight. (maybe that's why i'm so hungry all the time!! or maybe i'm just a pig)

Me too, im permanently hungry! The midwife told me to "listen to my body", so i am, and im eating.. a LOT! Dreading the post-baby diet though...

If you actually go to thebump.com and look at their chart there they have updated it, the tickers just show based on their old chart. I'm 26 weeks, and my ticker still shows eggplant, but on thebump.com it shows lettuce. 27 is cauliflower, 28 is rutabaga, 29 is acorn squash.

Here is the link: thebump

We just did the bathroom right before getting pregnant. Took it to the studs and started over. LONG nights! But it is well worth it! Try not to overwork yourself!

I agree with everyone else, at least call the local doctors. Your time is worth a whole lot and bringing the other babies to sit in a waiting room for 5 hours sounds like pure hell...:shrug: haha

Beanhunter I bet you were beautiful! You are the cute bump kind! Not big, but def preggo!

Here is my bump for 26weeks! I almost flipped out today thinking of 26 weeks. We are really getting there ladies!

Attachments

• bump26w.JPG
    bump26w.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 6
We just did the bathroom right before getting pregnant. Took it to the studs and started over. LONG nights! But it is well worth it! Try not to overwork yourself!

I agree with everyone else, at least call the local doctors. Your time is worth a whole lot and bringing the other babies to sit in a waiting room for 5 hours sounds like pure hell...:shrug: haha

Beanhunter I bet you were beautiful! You are the cute bump kind! Not big, but def preggo!

Here is my bump for 26weeks! I almost flipped out today thinking of 26 weeks. We are really getting there ladies!

tiny bump u have, u will bounce right back into shape after baby is born:thumbup:

My bro's getting married at the end of May - I"m dreading finding something to wear!!

I'm getting married at the end of this month! Hoping my dress still fits in 3 weeks!

I just found out that I have to go to a wedding mid/late may too!! GAH! why cant cute maternity dresses be AFFORDABLE!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->