July Babies!

Glucose test tomorrow! :nope: I believe it is required in here in the states. We are a rather obese nation... :blush:

I read yesterday that breastfeeding for at least 6 months will reduce this risk of childhood obesity by a large percentage! Goes from 1 in 4 children to 1 in 14 children! I hope I am able to breastfeed. I think it is a wonderful gift to give your baby. Hope it is not too tough... Some of my recent new mom friends are breastfeeding and said it is not as hard as most make it out to be. What do those of you who have done it think?

The first 7 weeks were the hardest for me peacelikeariv, but after that it gets a whole lot easier!! I think the adjustment to being a parent, sleeplessness and your body recovering after the birth all make it a challenge at times, but if you are determined and persevere it is so worth it.
Hope the gtt is ok for you, i have to have it too in 2 weeks :( xx

I was unfortunately only able to nurse our DD for about 2 months due to insufficient supply but I was trying to take college classes and pumped for feeding when I couldnt be home, so I brought about my own downfall I think.. Although through research and talking with the drs they said that sometimes epidurals can make nursing difficult..
HOWEVER the 2 months I was able to nurse were AWESOME sometimes your nipples will hurt but nothing a little olive oil or soaking them in salt water cant handle :)

well ladies I ended up spending most of the night in the triage area of my labour and delivery unit. I developed a severe bladder infection to the point I was peeing out blood. They wanted to monitor baby as my uterus was quite "irritated". Baby was a start though so now im home on high dose antibiotics and starting to feel a little better.

The GTT is routine here as well. I have to do it in another two weeks (not looking forward to it!). Luckily I am also only doing the one hour test.

frisbeemama12 - that is what my doc office does to.

peacelikeariv - I breastfeed my oldest for 13 months and my youngest for 20 months. I agree with with the other posters the first few weeks can be painful but so worth it even if you only do it for a month or year. The best advice that I can offer is to try and find a La Leche League meeting that you can go to or visit their web site. I know many moms that go before they even have their babies I have yet to ever go to one where they are pushy. Though I have heard of a few.

i LOVE breastfeeding! that is actually the most exciting thing besides seeing her, I am looking forward to! It was mommy and me time. I only had issues with how long it took my milk to come in...almost a week! my poor baby boy lost 2 pounds, which is drastic for a new born. I breastfed for 5 months but would have done it longer if my milk did not dry up. It dried up because I started this BC that is suppose to work well with breastfeeding...instead, it dried me right up within 2 wks :(. This time I will be breastfeeding for as long as possible. I am getting a breast pump so DH and DS can also have turns feeding her....it worked well the last time too and my DS took both bottle and nipple...but it was strictly breast milk. pumping also made it easy for my mother to watch my son as he was not attached to my boob.....hope it works out again

I had the 2hour GTT, on Friday, doctor called yesterday and needs to see me, I go in to see her soon, doesn't sound good....

Bug - that's sounds horrible, hope you are doing ok now and the drugs start working quickly :hugs:

I've been really lucky with bfing, with DD1 she was quick, efficient, her growth spurts never caused me any trouble , with DD2 she was (and still is!!) a bigger and much hungier baby, the 6 week growth spurt nearly finished me off! But it was fabulous to see her piling on the weight all though what I was giving to her, I had no problems bfing either time, yes sore nipples but I used the Lansinoh cream and it was fab, yes the first few weeks are hard but I think it would be hard anyway - you are adjusting to a new baby!! You will need support though - friends/family/partner that will keep you going through the tough parts xxx

fingers crossed pitty, and hope you're feeling better bug.

i've gone baby shopping crazy! we've already got most of the big things, and in the past few days i have bought some cloth nappies, an airwrap cot bumper, storage boxes for the nursery, a sleepy wrap carrier thing, some flannel wraps, some waterproof matress protectors... i could go on!
i think it's because i know that once i go on maternity leave (9 weeks and counting, possibly less) we'll have absolutely no disposable income, so i'm trying to buy things before then. and i am having a shower, but it's not usual to have a registry here, so i think i'll just get a whole bunch of cute clothing, rather than anything really useful.
but it's like i feel the faster i buy the less it's going to cost overall, which doesn't make sense at all. i think i need to step away from the credit card!

wow albs...I haven't even started shopping. I keep getting scared :(.

I just have too much going on right now. My son was sick really bad last week and now woke up with a nose bleed this morning. I am going on 2.5 hours of sleep. My day is going to go from 5:45am to 9:30 PM!!!

I have my GTT and rhogam shot in 2.5 weeks. Tomorrow is my last appt of the second trimester. I'm getting a bit freaked out honestly.

This summer seems to be the baby boom with me and my high school classmates. I have two other friends expecting and a friend who isn't able to get pregnant announced last night that they will be parents july to early august of newborn twin boys!!!

I am so happy for them but scared the mom is going to change her mind as she has a right to do until birth.

WOW Albs! hahaha Im waiting until my baby "sprinkle" to see what family and friends will get us and then we will buy what we need from there haha so I have time to save up!

overcomer- Oh that would be so sad if the mother backed out.. your friend would be so sad :(

well girls i have gestational diabetes, yay for me.... i do have pcos also so i was expecting gestational diabetes, but no medication needed as not too bad, just have to be careful, the thing that worries me is they will want to take bub early by c section, i dont want that... i will just wait and see, my next ob appointment is in 2 weeks so he will be more of a help.

Bummer pitty!!! Im sorry you have GD.. hopefully they wont have to take him early, just be mindful of what you eat and walk daily.. Ive never had GD but I know healthy living helps! :hugs:

so do we enter our 7th month at 27 weeks? I just had a long debate with some friends.

im sorry pitty :hugs: its easily managed and fingers crossed you can deliver normally.

yay for team blue futurephotos! :D

I'm sorry to hear that Pitty -- but at least you know now, and you can keep a good eye on your LO's health and progress. Hope you get to deliver yourself.

Overcomer, that's fantastic news for your friends!! I really hope the mom follows through; how devastating if she changed her mind at this stage.

Me, I loved breastfeeding and I'm really looking forward to doing it again. The first few weeks are difficult while you and baby figure out what you're doing, but it's so worthwhile and such a close bonding experience.

I've ordered an Amby baby hammock for the first months -- anybody tried one of those? It should be delivered next week, then just my pram and cot to pick up later this month. After that I'm all set for July!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->