July Babies!

My birthday is in August and I told dh I had better be getting a gym membership or tennis lessons to slim back down. Both of my girlfriends that have recently had children are breastfeeding and both look great.

I always wanted to understand just how breast feeding makes us lose weight? because I thought women still had to eat hearty so wouldn't that keep the weight on?

You can burn 500 calories a day bfing, yes you do need to eat well, but once your supply is established you can diet while bfing :thumbup:

How's everyone doing?!?

Abs that sounds painful, my friend has just been diagnosed with that too :hugs:

My hormones are all over the place at the mo, DH took my car key to work yesterday and when I found out (once we were all ready to leave!) I spent at least 5 mins crying :dohh:

Oh Hel poor you :-( Hormones can be evil cant they!

I have a few friends who have just had babies too and although 1 is breast feeding and 2 couldnt unfortunately they have all sprung back into shapre so quickly! Very lucky. I plan to try to breastfeed so I hope I loose the weight without having too much hassle. Peace you are good asking for gym membership for your birthday! I want a bottle of champagne and a starw for my birthday in august ha ha.

Im feeling soooo tired at the moment. My 28 week blood results showed I am anemic so maybe thats why and can get an iron supplement from monday. We have friends staying all weekend though and I am at work today - exhausted doesnt really cover it! Plus being designated driver while everyone else drinks themselves stupid is getting a bit boring!!

Have good weekend ladies
xx

Albs, that sounds painful! Hope you don't feel too uncomfortable.

Hel, my hormones have been fine this pregnancy, but I'm expecting a big crash just before my due date. That's when I usually get weepy and needy. At least this time I know it's coming!

I never lose weight when I'm breastfeeding -- don't know why, but my weight loss doesn't come until I stop. I'm not thinking about it too much, just resigning myself to being cuddly for the next 9 months or so.

My crazy preggo-ness has hit... I almost CRIED when I THOUGHT that I had forgotten my apples at the grocery store after checking out.... I didnt, but I still was upset hahaha then I almost cried again when I had to climb 3 flights of stairs.. just because I was tired. AHHH!!! I feel so bad for DH! :(

How is everyone? Its been quiet lately! I am 100 days away!! Assuming I go all the way to 40 weeks! :happydance:

Yay for 100 days! Down to double figures tomorrow :) Cant believe how quick its going for us all, before we know it will be July and our bubbas will be here :D

I am sooo tired all the time. I have only been awake for under 3 hours and could really go for a nap. I think I might before work. Anyone else get this way?

On the bright side, I only have 40 working days left! Then 2 weeks vacation and mat leave starts. And we also bought all of our cloth diapers on the weekend!! We got them online from a retailer here in Canada. We are using the bumgenius 4.0. We got 24 Diapers for about $500.

It's really starting to feel much more real. And I think baby may have flipped over finally. She has been breech but the movements have been very different the last few days. DH finally felt her move!

I just fell in the garden :( Landed on my arm and not bump. Baby has been moving so will monitor movement but think I should be okay.

Oh no be careful biliboi! :hugs: Im sure bubs is fine if hes moving about :)

Starting to pack on the pounds and I'm feeling it in my hips! Ouch! Also, the constipation is starting to really piss me off, I'm about ready to cry :( Anyone doing anything that really helps, coffee used to be my laxitive but now it has no affect.

Starting to pack on the pounds and I'm feeling it in my hips! Ouch! Also, the constipation is starting to really piss me off, I'm about ready to cry :( Anyone doing anything that really helps, coffee used to be my laxitive but now it has no affect.

Try Ducolax, or Colace. Ask your Dr how often to take it, I take 1 every few days and it works WONDERS. Its not a laxative so I never have to wait at home for it hahahaha.

Billiboi be careful!! How is your arm? Im so sorry you took a tumble! I almost fell in the shower yesterday! I hate how our center of gravity changes!

:hi:

Hi girls, I'm due 31 July with my second girl - hope you don't mind me joining you in here :flower:

Oh Hel poor you :-( Hormones can be evil cant they!

I have a few friends who have just had babies too and although 1 is breast feeding and 2 couldnt unfortunately they have all sprung back into shapre so quickly! Very lucky. I plan to try to breastfeed so I hope I loose the weight without having too much hassle. Peace you are good asking for gym membership for your birthday! I want a bottle of champagne and a starw for my birthday in august ha ha.

Im feeling soooo tired at the moment. My 28 week blood results showed I am anemic so maybe thats why and can get an iron supplement from monday. We have friends staying all weekend though and I am at work today - exhausted doesnt really cover it! Plus being designated driver while everyone else drinks themselves stupid is getting a bit boring!!

Have good weekend ladies
xx

Champagne would be magical! I have a very strong love of beer right now! I have not indulged just because they scare the crap out of us in the states with this fetal alcohol syndrome. Dh has one or two every few nights and I have ended up sitting on his lap three times so far, just to get a good whiff!

Sorry about the low iron! I bet you feel much more sleepy! Do you like greens? Mustard, Kale... they say they raise your iron very fast. :shrug:

Welcome Bodi!

afisppq - Exercise is my recommendation. I eat a lot of apples and cereals, but I think the exercise is what keeps me feeling my best. Although, I had to sit down during a walk the other day. haha Big hill and NO lung capacity anymore!

Billiboi- I hope you are ok.

Welcome Bodi, I am due on the 27th I am kinda hoping that my little one can wait till the 1st of Aug.

Has anyone else gotten this huge urge to eat Peanut Butter. I mean I like peanut butter when not pregnant but lately it is all I think about and I have been eating it by the spoonful. If not peanut butter what have you been craving?

Has anyone else gotten this huge urge to eat Peanut Butter. I mean I like peanut butter when not pregnant but lately it is all I think about and I have been eating it by the spoonful. If not peanut butter what have you been craving?

all the way through second tri i craved peanut butter toast and milk. i felt like such a kid but it was yummy!

i just had another scan to check up on bub's right kidney. it's still larger than the left, but it hasn't got any bigger since the 20 week scan, and since he's older now it just fits in the 'normal' range, so hopefully all is good. all that happens now is that they will check he's peeing properly when he's born, and he might have a follow up scan when he's a few weeks old. he's head down and wouldn't show his face at all, it was all tucked away in my pelvis. it's like he's looking for the way out already.

the ultrasound lady go really cross about the fact that my paperwork has two dates, and that the hospital chose to go with the one calculated by my last period rather than the dating scan. it was like it was my fault! i haven't got anything to do with my dates, i just go with whatever i'm told! so who knows. either i'm 29 weeks 4 days or 28 weeks 6 days. the hospital and the radiology people can fight it out. and either the way the baby is now measuring 32 weeks!!!! i'm so scared he's going to be a monster. i was 9 1/2 lb when i was born. it just makes my eyes water.

I'm not craving anything! Didn't with my first either :growlmad: lol

Albs, obviously I've just arrived so have missed what's been going on but do you mind me asking what's wrong with your LO's kidney? Is it just that one is bigger? My first had dilated kidneys and I had to keep going for scans and it went but come back again before she was born so she had to have antibiotics for 6 months after she was born and also had to have a radio active scan after she was born - was quite amusing in a sense that we had to wear gloves when changing her nappy for 24hrs after as her pee was radio active.

It sounds scary but it really wasn't, it was all precaution. I hope your LO's kidney issues aren't anything to worry about either and you're right about your dates - they should be fighting amongst themselves! I'm surprised they're not automatically going by scan results, I thought that's what the 12 week scan was for!

I'm not craving anything! Didn't with my first either :growlmad: lol

Albs, obviously I've just arrived so have missed what's been going on but do you mind me asking what's wrong with your LO's kidney? Is it just that one is bigger? My first had dilated kidneys and I had to keep going for scans and it went but come back again before she was born so she had to have antibiotics for 6 months after she was born and also had to have a radio active scan after she was born - was quite amusing in a sense that we had to wear gloves when changing her nappy for 24hrs after as her pee was radio active.

It sounds scary but it really wasn't, it was all precaution. I hope your LO's kidney issues aren't anything to worry about either and you're right about your dates - they should be fighting amongst themselves! I'm surprised they're not automatically going by scan results, I thought that's what the 12 week scan was for!

hey bodi, welcome!
if i've understood it right (i'm a primary teacher, not a paediatrician!!) the renal pelvis in his right kidney is a little enlarged. it's improved a little since our 20 week scan, and what they've told us sounds very similar to what you've described (except for the radioactive pee, they haven't mentioned that:haha:). is your LO all healthy now? they've said it's the most common abnormality that gets picked up at 20 week scans and usually sorts itself out without dramas.

I think that's the same from a quick search - I was never given a 'proper' name, only told "dilated kidneys" - both of hers where, although one was more so than the other and when it come back, I think only one was affected that time.

Yep, she's a very happy & healthy (almost!) 3 yr old and you'd never ever know she had the issue either as a baby or now. She fed, wee'd and everything else perfectly fine from the day she was born.

We were told the same thing about it being one of the most common things picked up during scans and that in the vast majority of cases it goes by itself without drama. As a plus though, I got loads more scans because of it! :winkwink:

Only "problem" was she had to go back for various paeditrician app's / ultrasounds and finally the radio active scan until it was confirmed her kidneys were back to normal but none of it hurt her and it was all before she was 6 months old.

:flower:

Welcome Bodi! We are expecting our second girl as well :) When does your first DD turn 4? Our first daughter turns 4 about a week before our second is due!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->